Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

25 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Lukashenko says US holds Ukraine back from negotiations so as to crush Russia

''Aleksandr Lukashenko, the self-proclaimed President of Belarus, believes that the United States opposes negotiations between Ukraine and Russia "in order to trample on the Russian Federation and get closer to China."

Source: TASS, Kremlin-aligned news agency, citing Lukashenko on the Russia-1 TV station

Details: As Lukashenko stated, the US is not allowing the leadership of Ukraine to start negotiations with Russia.''

https://news.yahoo.com/lukashenko-says-us-holds-ukraine-134911405.html

Lukashenko is also a mouthpiece for Putin, so it's basically the same as Russia saying it.

• Like 6

29 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Lukashenko is also a mouthpiece for Putin, so it's basically the same as Russia saying it.

That's diplomatic doublespeak. What he's is saying is that the U.S. won't require or coerce Ukraine to negotiated. The Russian want to frame the debate in the context of the proxy wars of Korea and Vietnam, where the U.S. dominated peace negotiations. Instead, the U.S. is waging asymmetric diplomatic warfare, much to the consternation of the Russians. It's dawning on them that they have, perhaps, been played and blundered into a conflict for which there is no good outcome for them.  

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

As winter sets in, the harsh reality of Russian conscripts sets in. They were set up to fail from beginning. Vladdy had embarrassed his country, betrayed the good will of his people, and now is responsible for their very deaths by deliberate indifference. Not good at all Vladdy boy.

"Russian Soldiers Are Freezing To Death In Eastern Ukraine"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-soldiers-are-freezing-to-death-in-eastern-ukraine/ar-AA14BIJq?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=0f3313f901c1480cbf0320e71e266fa0

"The Ukrainian army has deployed some of its best brigades to eastern Ukraine, including the 92nd and 93rd Mechanized Brigades and the 1st Presidential Brigade. But these elite Ukrainian formations might not be the biggest killer of Russian troops in the east. Under-trained, under-supplied and ambivalently led, Russians in the region are freezing to death by the dozen."

"Shocking videos that have circulated online in recent weeks tell a tragic story. The videos, shot by the Ukrainian brigades’ hovering drones, depict Russians in the late stages of hypothermia, so cold and sick that they barely react when the drones drop lethal improvised bombs on them. Thomas Theiner, an ex-soldier who currently is a filmmaker in Kyiv, predicted winter “would kill more Russian soldiers than Ukraine ever could.” He may have been right."

*edit*  I wanted to add this just as a follow up.

"Russian official staggeringly admits 'we have no socks, shorts, doctors, or intelligence"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russian-official-staggeringly-admits-we-have-no-socks-shorts-doctors-or-intelligence/ar-AA14BoWY?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=2aa724f54d76486fabd88a3a73971e30

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

Kyiv mayor trades verbal jabs with Ukraine president and allies

Nov 27 (Reuters) - The mayor of Kyiv, former professional boxer Vitali Klitschko, traded rhetorical punches on Sunday with Ukraine's president and his allies over how to help residents withstand power cuts, deriding their disputes as "senseless" amid Russia's military campaign.

Klitschko said 430 "warming centres" were helping residents cope with the effects of Russian attacks on power stations and more than 100 more were planned in case of extreme conditions. President Volodymyr Zelenskiy noted last week there were a lot of complaints about measures adopted in the capital.

"I do not want to become involved in political battles, particularly in the current situation," Klitschko said in a video posted on Telegram.''

https://www.reuters.com/world/europe/kyiv-mayor-punches-back-ukraine-presidents-criticism-2022-11-27/

You hate to see it. But if you stick your nose in someone else's fight, expect to get punched.

"Iranian drone advisers who were helping Russia bombard Ukraine were killed in Crimea, Kyiv official says"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iranian-drone-advisers-who-were-helping-russia-bombard-ukraine-were-killed-in-crimea-kyiv-official-says/ar-AA14BFea?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=db8303c03a824ce380de738db86bdd28

"Ukraine killed Iranians who were advising Russians on how to pilot Iranian-made drones in Crimea, Ukraine's top security official confirmed, per a report."

"You shouldn't be where you shouldn't be," Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine's national security and defense council, said in an interview in Kyiv, according to The Guardian. 

"They were on our territory. We didn't invite them here, and if they collaborate with terrorists and participate in the destruction of our nation we must kill them."

"Danilov said that the Iranians were in occupied Crimea to help Russians operate the Iranian-made Shahed-136 drones."

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

You hate to see it. But if you stick your nose in someone else's fight, expect to get punched.

"Iranian drone advisers who were helping Russia bombard Ukraine were killed in Crimea, Kyiv official says"

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/iranian-drone-advisers-who-were-helping-russia-bombard-ukraine-were-killed-in-crimea-kyiv-official-says/ar-AA14BFea?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=db8303c03a824ce380de738db86bdd28

"Ukraine killed Iranians who were advising Russians on how to pilot Iranian-made drones in Crimea, Ukraine's top security official confirmed, per a report."

"You shouldn't be where you shouldn't be," Oleksiy Danilov, secretary of Ukraine's national security and defense council, said in an interview in Kyiv, according to The Guardian. 

"They were on our territory. We didn't invite them here, and if they collaborate with terrorists and participate in the destruction of our nation we must kill them."

"Danilov said that the Iranians were in occupied Crimea to help Russians operate the Iranian-made Shahed-136 drones."

They don't offer any proof for their claims.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

They don't offer any proof for their claims.

Well you say there is no proof of his claim?

I think the best proof is that the Iranians are not denying it, that enough for me. It’s just like when Iran claimed they were not supplying Russia with drones, now they have admitted it. You can choose to believe what you want but arguing the point in this situation is ridiculous to say the least.

• Like 5

Death Road - War Crimes in the Ukraine:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well you say there is no proof of his claim?

I think the best proof is that the Iranians are not denying it, that enough for me. It’s just like when Iran claimed they were not supplying Russia with drones, now they have admitted it. You can choose to believe what you want but arguing the point in this situation is ridiculous to say the least.

He believes only the things that fit his narrative. He's an oxygen thief not worth effort responding too. I only do it to point out when he's wrong, which is a lot.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Trelane said:

He believes only the things that fit his narrative. He's an oxygen thief not worth effort responding too. I only do it to point out when he's wrong, which is a lot.

If a Russian official made a similar claim, I would also be waiting for more evidence before accepting it as 'true' or 'factual'.

That's called being objective.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Iran has denied that they had any personnel in Crimea in the first place.

https://www.arabnews.com/node/2187066/middle-east

That article is a month old - Updated 24 October 2022

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

If a Russian official made a similar claim, I would also be waiting for more evidence before accepting it as 'true' or 'factual'.

That's called being objective.

You have not done that once in this thread. You've even been called on it by several posters going back months now. Nice try though.:lol:

Strike three, you're outta here!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

In a grander scheme of things, the deaths of a couple of Iranians are meaningless in the greater war in Ukraine.  A boost to morale for the Ukrainians and perhaps a feeling a satisfaction to the families of the victims of the drones, but that's about it.

10 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

That article is a month old - Updated 24 October 2022

Still valid as far as I know. Iran has never admitted they had personnel in Crimea.

I'm not sure how Iran not denying that they had advisers killed in Crimea constitutes proof to you.

Edited by Occult1

4 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

In a grander scheme of things, the deaths of a couple of Iranians are meaningless in the greater war in Ukraine.  A boost to morale for the Ukrainians and perhaps a feeling a satisfaction to the families of the victims of the drones, but that's about it.

Propaganda also plays an important part in the politics of war. Just saying.

Edited by Occult1

59 minutes ago, Occult1 said:

Still valid as far as I know. Iran has never admitted they had personnel in Crimea.

I'm not sure how Iran not denying that they had advisers killed in Crimea constitutes proof to you.

Well since the article was written, the Iranians have admitted to supplying Russia with drones that was my point commenting on the date. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

Well since the article was written, the Iranians have admitted to supplying Russia with drones that was my point commenting on the date. 

Supplying a country with drones and having military personnel in a disputed territory are two different things. Iran does not admit the latter.

For the record, I am quite convinced there were Iranian advisers in Crimea, based on credible U.S. intel reports.

I see no proof any of them were killed by Ukrainian forces though.

Edited by Occult1

Russian forces are striking Ukraine with Cold War-era nuclear missiles – with the nuclear warheads removed, crucially – according to British intelligence.

“Russia is likely removing the nuclear warheads from aging nuclear cruise missiles and firing the unarmed munitions at Ukraine,” the Ministry of Defence (MoD) claimed in its Saturday update on the course of the Russo-Ukrainian war, citing “[o]pen source imagery show[ing] wreckage of an apparently shot-down AS-15 KENT air launched cruise missile (ALCM), designed in the 1980s exclusively as a nuclear delivery system. ”

AS-15 “Kent” is the NATO reporting name for what Russia refers to as the Kh-55, with the MoD suggesting that even without its nuclear payload “an inert system will still produce some damage through the missile’s kinetic energy and any unspent fuel” — although they added that it “unlikely to achieve reliable effects against intended targets” in this disarmed state.

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/11/26/uk-russia-hitting-ukraine-old-cold-war-era-nuclear-missiles-minus-warheads/

8 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

— although they added that it “unlikely to achieve reliable effects against intended targets” in this disarmed state.

Seems the real purpose is to use them as decoys to distract the Ukrainian air defenses while some of the real missiles and drones get through and reach their intended targets.

Edited by Occult1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, el midgetron said:

While I enjoy watching Tucker, sadly he spends liitle time to figure out how much of that $100 billion comes in the form of loans (interest rates paid by third player, i.e. EU). Makes we wonder where he would stood back in 1940s, with FDR, or J.Rankin...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Seems the real purpose is to use them as decoys to distract the Ukrainian air defenses while some of the real missiles and drones get through and reach their intended targets.

Seems the real reason is they are desperately using anything they can get their hands on due to running out of ammo.

They'll be rolling out the trebuchets next and lobbing stones.

Laughingly embarrassing wouldn't you say?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Stiff said:

I was going to say throwing spears and shooting arrows, but I think I was giving them a bit too much credit in the technology department.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Seems the real reason is they are desperately using anything they can get their hands on due to running out of ammo.

Laughingly embarrassing wouldn't you say?

Seeing russkys using most recently manufactured missiles, trebuchets might be the ultimate weapon of the last resort...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• The topic was locked