Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

26 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Didn't we hear this before??

I'm not sure. It was the first time I'd seen/heard it.

8 hours ago, pellinore said:

Here I for once disagree with you. Putin's reluctance to use nukes is, imo, nothing to do whether he believes they will work or not. It is because he has been told, and believes, that the use of them by him will result in the near instantaneous destruction of his military by conventional weapons, and him as well. At the moment he can just about blag Russia is a superpower. That bluff would be called if he ever stuck to his "red lines".

You might be right, I might be wrong about the functionality of russian nukes. But I actually do agree with you that poopler is aware the Western reaction to russian use of nukes would be the end of russian grandstanding. (If not the "russian world" itself.) 

Anyway, poopler is back at issuing nuke threats: "We will annihilate anyone who nukes us first!"

Sure, sure he will... also, Kremlin denies poopler soiled himself when he fell down the stairs. Oddly enough, they didn't deny he fell down the stairs. So let's remember that russia always lies. Which means poopler didn't fall down the stairs, he just **** himself.  

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Stiff said:

I'm not sure. It was the first time I'd seen/heard it.

Not sure if you knew what I meant. Was referring to the whole "nazis in...".

Like they're already justifying another war.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Ah, gotcha.

Doh!

Yes, you would be right. Although I doubt very much that they would even contemplate another invasion anywhere after the pure embarrassment and spanking they're being given at the moment.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Stiff said:

Ah, gotcha.

Doh!

Yes, you would be right. Although I doubt very much that they would even contemplate another invasion anywhere after the pure embarrassment and spanking they're being given at the moment.

Oh, but they're idiots. They might get an idea that they will project power and prove they're inexhaustible if they open another front. 

Which is why Kazakhstan for example is putting their tanks on the border with russia. It was unthinkable 9 months ago. 

• Like 4

It could be that the main russian logistic base near Bakhmut was hit. 

Ukraine brought more artillery to Bakhmut area lately, a lot more, but "wagner" keeps attacking like prigozhin's life depends on Bakhmut. (Actually, it does :D ) 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I get the feeling that they would get intel on something of this magnitude through means beyond anecdotes. Something of the nature of the working condition of nukes would probably be probed much more extensively down more sophisticated avenues. 

You haven't learned much about Russia.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grim Reaper 6 said:

My friend all I can say based upon 33 years working in the Military and US Government as a contractor with a TS-SBI / SCI Security Clearance I would be under arrest and in jail for discriminating information like this online. I also must say that even if I was absolutely certain the information was accurate due to all the training I have received over the years in OBSEC I would never post this type of information publicly online because it violates all my training in proper security practices!:yes:

You said you contacted NATO, did you contact SUPREME HEADQUARTERS
ALLIED POWERS EUROPE ( Shape Headquarters) threat assessment?

If what you say is true your living very dangerously!:yes:

Well, I'm not in the military or intel and never have been, though I have known quite a few people who are.  As for the info, that was always there for the taking if you could ask the right people nicely enough. I haven't gone directly to SHAPE HQ but to people within various relevant organizational structures, including NATO, I have personally met over the years.  Who exactly am I supposed to be scared of?  Russia?  The US govt?  NATO?

Edited by Alchopwn
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Stiff said:

Ah, gotcha.

Doh!

That's because you are sane. I truly believe there is something wrong with the Russian mentality, whether it is due to indoctrination, vodka or whatever.

• Like 5

Just now, Helen of Annoy said:
Look at his feet. 

This sort of dedication is why Ukraine will win.  I am somewhat surprised the UAF still wants him in the field, but gratified too if his movement speed isn't compromised by his injury. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Alchopwn said:

This sort of dedication is why Ukraine will win.  I am somewhat surprised the UAF still wants him in the field, but gratified too if his movement speed isn't compromised by his injury. 

Yes, I think so too, this is why Ukraine will win.

UAF had to allow 60+ year old volunteer without both legs to serve. He's a driver and he didn't want anyone to know that he's got prosthetic legs. 

You just can't deny people their right to defend their country. 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
ah, nothing, it's working now.
  • Like 4

poopler's photographer has to use tricks to make poopler appear less short, as if they're making a film with dwarfs, only reversed. I'd call this one: Twelve Snowwhites and a dwarf.  

Edited by Helen of Annoy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

To paraphrase: If all the village idiots left their villages and formed a village of idiots, Luka would be the village idiot in that village. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Yes, I think so too, this is why Ukraine will win.

UAF had to allow 60+ year old volunteer without both legs to serve. He's a driver and he didn't want anyone to know that he's got prosthetic legs. 

You just can't deny people their right to defend their country. 

Contrast this with Russia, who would have forced him to serve.
Edited by pellinore

16 minutes ago, pellinore said:

Correction: 55 years old! Vasil Shtefko

https://www.128brigade.com/post/герої-україни-василь-штефко-повернувся-з-моргу-і-нищить-окупантів

4c2838_0a9711230ea445b88fd12245ea2f2567~mv2.jpg

No one in the battalion knew about my legs, but somehow an unfortunate situation happened - the prosthesis broke. The thread was damaged, and the prosthesis completely needed to be replaced. I asked my partner to go and buy a part for me, to repair the prosthesis. He told the superiors, that Uncle Vasya's bolt fell out of his leg. Only then did the company find out that I had prostheses

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Well, I'm not in the military or intel and never have been, though I have known quite a few people who are.  As for the info, that was always there for the taking if you could ask the right people nicely enough. I haven't gone directly to SHAPE HQ but to people within various relevant organizational structures, including NATO, I have personally met over the years.  Who exactly am I supposed to be scared of?  Russia?  The US govt?  NATO?

I would say Russia if what you said is accurate, I am certain they would want to know how you got that information. I sorry if I came off as being critical, but that is certainly some information that obviously isn’t known by many outside the Russian Government. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ThereWeAreThen said:

Mighty Vlad is following a schedule.  Within 2 weeks conquer the Ukraine, within 1 month Moldova and within 6 months the Baltic States.  After a good rest, re-focus, re-group, re-stock, approach and action, within one year conquer Kazakhstan.  Unfortunately he's plans are slightly off schedule and will have to jump straight to Kazakhstan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

Mighty Vlad is following a schedule.  Within 2 weeks conquer the Ukraine, within 1 month Moldova and within 6 months the Baltic States.  After a good rest, re-focus, re-group, re-stock, approach and action, within one year conquer Kazakhstan.  Unfortunately he's plans are slightly off schedule and will have to jump straight to Kazakhstan.

I honeslty think that his original plan was to recreate the old USSR and seeing Afghanisan fall in a matter of days made him think he could do the same with all the old eastern bloc states.

edit to add: Before he dies.

Edited by Gromdor
edit to add.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

I honeslty think that his original plan was to recreate the old USSR and seeing Afghanisan fall in a matter of days made him think he could do the same with all the old eastern bloc states.

edit to add: Before he dies.

I don't think Afghanistan had anything to do with any of Putin's plans but I agree on the rest.  It's no surprise he admired Peter the Great for his achievements.  He was probably striving for a city to be named after him, Putingrad or similar. :P

Yet the thing Peter the Great is mostly remembered for were Russia's social and economic reforms.  He did fight successful wars but that wasn't his main 'greatness'.

Edited by Black Red Devil
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Alchopwn said:

Montenegro, they're up to something. :yes:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

poopler's photographer has to use tricks to make poopler appear less short, as if they're making a film with dwarfs, only reversed. I'd call this one: Twelve Snowwhites and a dwarf.  

If I was the one on the far right I'd go looking for a ground level apartment.

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:
To paraphrase: If all the village idiots left their villages and formed a village of idiots, Luka would be the village idiot in that village. 

The lowest of the lowest common denominators...:lol:

• Haha 1