Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Russia Masses Military Equipment Near Ukraine Borders: A Prologue to WWIII?

Grim Reaper 6

Russia Will Destroy Leopard Tanks Just Like Tigers in WWII, Minister Warns

''Russia will destroy Leopard 2 tanks similar to how they beat its predecessor, Tiger tanks, in World War II, according to the Minister of Internal Affairs.

The Russian state-run news agency, Tass, reported on Wednesday that Russian Minister of Internal Affairs Vladimir Kolokoltsev said Russian military forces will destroy the German-made Leopard 2 tanks that will soon be sent to Ukraine.

"They perfectly preserve the picture of Tigers and Panthers burning on Russian soil in the memory of the modern generation. They will remember burning modern Leopards as well," the minister said, according to the Tass news agency.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-will-destroy-leopard-tanks-just-like-tigers-in-wwii-minister-warns/ar-AA16KeHG

How will Russia adapt to NATO tanks?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

This is how worried my dog is when you predict something.

Top 30 Deep Sleeping GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

What's your current prediction score up to?  0 from 15, 0 from 20? 

Nice dog. What breed?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Sanctions would kill its economy, therefore the CCP will do absolutely nothing at the moment that could compomise its financial troubles and above all, its stronghold in power.

Most people are not talking about China too much, but I think they have got some serious problems.  I don't think they will be in a position to help Russia.

Edited by Tatetopa
bad grammer
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Unusual Tournament said:

Nice dog. What breed?

Not my dog.  Just joked using an appropriate GIF.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Most people are not talking about China too much, but I think they has got some serious problems.  I don't think they will be in a position to help Russia.

Especially if they are sanctioned by US, EU, UK and allies for helping Russia in the war.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

2023 is endgame for the Russo-Ukrainian war, I think.

Our chairman of the joint chiefs - Milley - doesn't think so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

This is how worried my dog is when you predict something.

Top 30 Deep Sleeping GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

What's your current prediction score up to?  0 from 15, 0 from 20? 

I predict Ukraine will win.

Sorry to ruin your day lol.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

…well these wars have become a test track of sorts for manufacturers and buyers. During the successful Russian war in Syria, Russia sold heaps of weapons systems. Now it’s all about Ukraine. American weapons are gonna find a lot of buyers e.g. Javelin and HIMARS, even German IRST-T’s and possibly Leo2A6-7

I guess lots of orders for Russian equipment will be canceled, due to poor performance by russia troops, or field performance against western equipment, or by sanctions imposed on Russian companies.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Sounds like a One World government that globalists are dreaming of.

You said the buzz word that makes the right wing conspiracy people happy 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky has removed nearly a dozen top officials as he tries to contain a series of corruption scandals and shore up Western confidence in his administration at a critical moment in the war.

Though the scandals are small compared with those of previous Ukrainian governments—some of which were accused of stealing billions in public funds—they are nonetheless a blow to Mr. Zelensky, who has garnered praise at home and abroad for his leadership of the country during Russia’s invasion.

Mr. Zelensky’s decision to dispatch apparently tainted officials, while others tendered resignations, underscores the importance of maintaining a clean image, both for Ukrainian citizens, who are dying in the thousands on the front lines and enduring economic hardship, and for Western governments, which are giving Ukraine billions in aiddespite their own tepid economies. In the U.S., some Republicans have openly questioned whether the country should continue to fund Ukraine at the same levels as last year.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/ukraines-president-zelensky-removes-top-officials-in-bid-to-contain-corruption-scandal-11674560046?st=01gcjwpn309nxae&reflink=desktopwebshare_permalink

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, godnodog said:

I guess lots of orders for Russian equipment will be canceled, due to poor performance by russia troops, or field performance against western equipment, or by sanctions imposed on Russian companies.

Iran will do well with its drones and rockets. 

Ukraine expects tank deal will lead to West delivering long-range missiles capable of striking Russian supply lines as Zelensky begs for more heavy weaponry – but angry Kremlin brands increased UK, German and US aid to Kyiv 'extremely dangerous'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11676851/Now-Zelensky-begs-West-JETS-long-range-missiles.html

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Most people are not talking about China too much, but I think they have got some serious problems.  I don't think they will be in a position to help Russia.

I think China will do whatever they want.  The have allot of customers who still buy from them.  The US is so dependent on China stuff that I'm not sure it wouldn't hurt the USA more in the short time.   

'That's called WW3': Biden crosses own red line by giving 'offensive equipment' to Ukraine

Joe Biden's decision to send 31 Abrams tanks to Ukraine is a stunning U-turn on the President's previous pronouncements. The President has been reluctant to send in tanks and other high-grade military equipment, lest it drags America and its allies into direct conflict with Russia. Back in March last year, Biden said in a speech: “The idea that we're going to send in offensive equipment, and have planes and tanks and trains going in with American pilots and American crews - just understand.

"Don't kid yourself. No matter what you all say, that's called World War III. Okay? Let's get it straight here guys."

https://www.express.co.uk/news/us/1726468/Joe-biden-Ukraine-ww3-warning-tanks-us-germany-latest-dxus

• Haha 1

On the second question, President Biden, President Zelenskyy and most of the leaders of Europe have said that this war is likely to end in a negotiation. And from a military standpoint, this is a very, very difficult fight. This fight stretches all the way from right now, as the front line goes from all the way from Kharkiv down to Kherson, and there's significant fighting ongoing. And it's more or less a static front line right this minute, with the exception of Bakhmut and Soledar, with a significant offensive action going on really from both sides. The distance that -- for the United States, that's about from, I guess, Washington, D.C. to Atlanta. So that is a significant amount of territory, and in that territory are still remaining a lot of Russian forces in Russian-occupied Ukraine.

So from a military standpoint, I still maintain that for this year it would be very, very difficult to militarily eject the Russian forces from all -- every inch of Ukraine and occupied -- or Russian-occupied Ukraine. That doesn't mean it can't happen; doesn't mean it won't happen, but it'd be very, very difficult.

https://www.defense.gov/News/Transcripts/Transcript/Article/3273771/secretary-of-defense-lloyd-j-austin-iii-and-general-mark-a-milley-press-confere/

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Occult1 said:

Russia Will Destroy Leopard Tanks Just Like Tigers in WWII, Minister Warns

''Russia will destroy Leopard 2 tanks similar to how they beat its predecessor, Tiger tanks, in World War II, according to the Minister of Internal Affairs.

The Russian state-run news agency, Tass, reported on Wednesday that Russian Minister of Internal Affairs Vladimir Kolokoltsev said Russian military forces will destroy the German-made Leopard 2 tanks that will soon be sent to Ukraine.

"They perfectly preserve the picture of Tigers and Panthers burning on Russian soil in the memory of the modern generation. They will remember burning modern Leopards as well," the minister said, according to the Tass news agency.''

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/russia-will-destroy-leopard-tanks-just-like-tigers-in-wwii-minister-warns/ar-AA16KeHG

How will Russia adapt to NATO tanks?

Who knows?  It seems far more likely that infantry with Russia's equivalent to the Javelin type anti-tank missile will be the real threat to any of these platforms.  I don't know anything about the Leopards but I do recall being shocked back during the war in Iraq to hear that one of our Abrams was penetrated by an RPG that killed some of its crew.  No tank is invulnerable.  Fire and maneuver is the key and that's why training is so important.  I assume the Leopards will begin arriving next month but it sounds like the Abrams won't be ready to put in the field until late summer.

Russia is building up forces in the east and south in preparation for a spring or maybe even late-winter push.  The coming weeks could be decisive.

I'm not sure this is true:

Delays to deliveries of tanks from Germany to Ukraine were due to the satnav being set to Paris, it has emerged this morning.

Blaming ‘force of habit’, German Chancellor Olaf Scholz said the destination marked on the tank’s navigation systems was hard-wired in and had taken almost a year to reset.

Ukraine surprised to discover Satnav on German tanks set to Paris – NewsThump

Edited by pellinore
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, and-then said:

Our chairman of the joint chiefs - Milley - doesn't think so.

The good General has been noted for ignoring what the defense intelligence agencies' reports show in various areas. Quite possibly the worst Chairman the DoD has ever had. 

• Like 2

Russia responds to major US-German tank deal with a massive missile attack on Ukraine: Live updates

''Russia unleashed a massive missile assault on non-military Ukraine targets Thursday, killing at least 11 people one day after the U.S. and Germany agreed to send dozens of elite tanks to Ukraine in a deal that could alter the fortunes of combatants on both sides of the 11-month war.

Ukrainian air defense shot down 47 out of 55 missiles Russia fired at energy and other critical infrastructure, the head of Ukraine's armed forces said. Valerii Zaluzhnyi said 20 missiles had been destroyed over Kyiv alone in what was the first such Russian barrage in almost two weeks. Mayor Vitali Klitschko said one person was killed by falling debris from a rocket.''

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/russia-responds-major-us-german-143135568.html

• The topic was locked