Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

F-22s scrambled to intercept mystery 'balloon' off Hawaii

UM-Bot

Weather balloon, or cloud formation, or glare off a windscreen onto the stratosphere and into a pilots eyes, or the pilot was drunk, or it was Venus or a flock of birds BUT not alien folks. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Weather balloon, or cloud formation, or glare off a windscreen onto the stratosphere and into a pilots eyes, or the pilot was drunk, or it was Venus or a flock of birds BUT not alien folks. 

Weather balloon: ok.

All the rest: nonsense.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Abramelin said:

Weather balloon: ok.

All the rest: nonsense.

Not even drunk albatrosses? Or should that be a flock of albatrossi? 

• Like 2

Funny that they spend at least 6 digit worth of tax money for intercepting a weather balloon that an amateur telescope would have identified...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My money is an unmarked Chinese surveillance balloon and they probably tracked it coming.
No other explanation for why they scrambled multiple F22's when commercial airlines spot UFO's every day and the military never bothers with them.
And if the loud explosion reported was the pilots destroying Chinese hardware over international waters (if it were that far enough out) they are definitely not going to admit to doing it.

• Confused 1

Unmarked, oblong-shaped weather balloon...? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh :no:

I think it's a Chinese spy ship. Not sold on that idea but seems like the best option IMO

• Like 1

Anyone who has been in forward deployed areas has seen unmanned dirigibles that fit the description of what was reported. I think there are more mundane and logical explanations for this than to jump to extraterrestrial craft.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 6

You can sure look at a balloon through a telescope, they probably did that first.  Then what do you do?

If you can't identify it and are not confident that it poses no threat, you go out and meet it.  

Could be a weather balloon, could be a TiK Tok stunt,  could be a foreign power, either mundane or otherwise.

Did you know the Japanese were successful in landing incendiary balloons in Pacific Northwest forests during WWII? Several were found.  One started a small fire I believe.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Looks like the tic tac ufo

2 hours ago, onlookerofmayhem said:

I can almost hear the gnashing teeth and deep furrowing brow of the true believers who will have to face the fact....it wasnt aliens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/19/2022 at 11:52 AM, Jon the frog said:

Funny that they spend at least 6 digit worth of tax money for intercepting a weather balloon that an amateur telescope would have identified...

Well, maybe they needed a training exercise.  

• Like 1