Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pet shop films 'ghost' throwing dog toys around

UM-Bot

The first image is before the bag fell or even started moving. Notice it's already half or more off the shelf.

The second image shows how little of a space it was put on. No wonder it fell off. Nothing strange here.

The second thing shown to fall was on a shelf piled with crap. Nothing strange.

The vacuum is simply malfunctioning. The on/off switch is broken. It obviously has mechanical issues.

0% ghost

99% dumb employees

1% hoax 

Screenshot_20220220-081414_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220220-081453_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

1st off, How do we even know the battery is dead with the Vacuum?  ,and how many times do you see loaves of bread on the bread isle fall or appear to be pushed off of grocers shelves?.

I see it 10 times a day easy. I work at Safeway.... same scenario with these pouches of stuff.  fun videos.. not near Paranormal.. 

• Like 1

I was wondering if the pet store is on a busy street with bigger work vehicles driving by, thereby causing things to vibrate off the shelves.  

• Like 3

The stuff falling is obvious. The first looks like a bag of something that is attached to the shelf end with one of them terrible plastic hooks that always bend and drop items on the floor. Either that or it was on a shelf that was a half inch too short in depth for the sheer number of bags crammed on it.
The second was a large square object stacked on top of a lot of things, upright, so that all the weight is going down through the base and pushing the objects below it until it all collapses.

The interesting part of the video was the vacuum cleaner. But while it was interesting, it could be explained by a couple of factors, one of which is that it is defective in some way and only an expert taking it apart can determine if it is malfunctioning or genuinely drained of all energy and unable to operate.
The other factor is whether there is a thunderstorm going on at the time (we have had a lot of storms in the past couple of months in the UK) which can often charge batteries a little, although whether it would be enough charge for a vacuum cleaner is debatable, I have only seen it charge dead batteries for small items like toy voice boxes, etc.

"We walked in one day and there was a toy on the floor which we thought was strange because it looked like it had been placed there."

"We checked the CCTV and saw that it had just flown off the shelf and then spun on the floor for about three minutes."

This looks like not a high effort rag article. Well, it would have been nice of them to include that video in the article. If that toy has no batteries or power supply, then they really captured something. The falls they show could be gravity and not that impressive. As for the vacuum cleaner it seems weird. but I'd like to hear a Hoover company engineer express his thoughts.

Papameter Reading

70% Paranormal   20% Natural Phenomena      10% Hoax

Factors: Multiple reports of different things and I'm thinking the best stuff never made the article.

• Haha 1

From the story: "We checked the CCTV and saw that it had just flown off the shelf and then spun on the floor for about three minutes."

Really ?! Then why didn't you show us *that* CCTV video instead of this boring, easy to fake stuff?

[sniff-sniff]... <_<  Me thinks there is a hokey shop keeper here trying to attract new customers. hmmm...

• Thanks 1

Nothing was thrown, stuff fell. 
And where is the video of the toy flying off the shelf and spinning round on the floor?

Also, apparently there are issues with this vacuum where the handle connects to the base. Over time time connection can loosen and cause issues turning on and off. 

• Like 3

Utter horse****. Stuff crammed onto shelves tends to fall off? Who knew. I'd like to slap whoever decided "throwing" was an appropriate word to use in the title.

Anybody who gives even a tiny amount of credence to this "evidence" is a complete moron.

Edited by moonman
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, moonman said:

Anybody who gives even a tiny amount of credence to this "evidence" is a complete moron.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9526beef4b859cab24c0

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Oh brother,  overstocked sloppy displays fall and omg its a ghost,

And get real, if the Hoover even did power up its about how that stuff is built not a ghost wanting to me a maid.

Example, i have a halloween prop Donna dead,  you plug the black cube into the wall and she moves, talks eyes light up,

She was unplugged a very long time my wife went to move it her eyes lit up for a second and it made noise, while papa would call this proof of ghosts who is first to explain this coolness...science not paranormal.

• Like 1

What a waste of time and energy even bothering to report on this it�s stupid!!! Their shelves are so packed things are just falling off the shelves. Have you ever got a bottled water out of the refrigerator and drank it quickly? Then put the cap back on it and sit it down and in a few seconds it pops and scares the crap out of you? It�s cold air versus warm air that�s it. The items contain the temperature and then when the room temperature changes it has to release. There�s your ghost case solved now stop wasting our time.
  • Like 2

Haunted sells at least a couple "papaG" types will vault to that store to pay whatever for a haunted toy for their mutt.

Edit to this title:

Pet shop films Gravity doing what Gravity does. Employees baffled by this "new" theory of the Universal Force of Attraction.

Oh dear.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Don't stack the shelves so full then nowt will fall off as for the hoover i had a rechargeable drill that used to come to life with a"dead" battery and the bluddy thing turn off