Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Could the Earth itself be an intelligent entity ?

UM-Bot

The Earth is much more alive than we are, but she is a servant, also.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The earth is most certainly alive , as far as intelligent conciousness , i would say it is possible , and we are just unable to understand it, or maybe it just don't talk to us , or we don't know how to hear it. Its got enough crap hangin out on it as it is, maybe it aint lookin for any new friends.:)

Edited by razman

I have another view on this and that is that when we talk of 'consciousness' we are usually referring to 'awareness' on a sapient level (for example, humans..not to say that only humans can be sapient but let's go with it for now)

All matter holds a charge to some degree or another and when there is a sufficient amount of like or compatible charges/frequencies that group together it then forms  a swell..a huge river or mass which amplifies these charges/frequencies or..for a lack of a better term, 'energies'. Thus this alone is what allows an object to even BE an object (If you ever played Final Fantasy VII, the character Buggenhaugen explains this nicely).

While I do not think the earth can hear anyone nor care I suspect that other collections of mental frequencies (intent perhaps) can affect our surroundings and if that 'collection of likewise/likeminded energies is prolonged then its effects will slowly seep out from its point of origin.

Consciousness has, I think, many levels and types; I think we get too hung up on the type of consciousness regularly associated with living beings that we forget that consciousness can involve concentrated electromagnetic frequencies (the term 'energies' is not sufficient for explaining things) that can either attract like-minded people or other beings or repel them. (I think this too can better explain the so-called 'Law of Attraction')

Just like how some people love the desert while others feel neutral or turned off.

Or how someone can be attached to a particular object but if you took it away and tried to replace it with an exact replica, that person will probably notice the difference (eventually)..however I think in this case it has to do also with someone putting a lot of their own mental energy or intent on a beloved object thus creating a bond and attraction and when that object is removed and replaced then that attraction may be forever lost.

Anyways..just an idea. Me need coffee now.