Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

and Putin just threatened Sweden and Finland

godnodog

28 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

We are going into a WW3:( we do know  a nuclear war there are no winners "(

Hope not. But it does seem like this just one the next territorial reacquisitions, and them moving-on to do the same a dozen more times.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Buzz_Light_Year said:

Wrong ideology there OverSword. Communist Dictator.

Washed, rinsed and dried a person couldn't tell the difference though. :lol:

I disagree Buzz.  I mean, what is Communism without Marxist ideology?  It is just off-brand totalitarianism, and given that Putin is an ultra-nationalist, a corporatist, and a militarist, that places him in the fascist camp by most definitions of ideologies.

On the other hand, I did find it nauseatingly ironic that Putin of all people has claimed he will "de-Nazify" Ukraine.  Consider that the present President of Ukraine is Jewish, and Putin is waging an unprovoked war of aggression against a neighbor for the sole purpose of claiming land and slaves, who will de-Nazify Putin?

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He's very vain - that I do have evidence for, very rare men decide to have Botox and similar beauty treatments. Not to mention his naked from waist up "macho" attempts. Good god. He's growing old, he must stop that. How? By turning back time, of course. It's not conscious decision, but there's obviously a part of that troubled brain wanting to believe that when USSR and Cold War are back, he will be young again too.

Make Russia Great Again.  MRGA. 

Helen do you know the Bob Dylan Song "In the days of '49"?   Its worth a listen. 

It ends like this:

In the days of old, in the days of gold
How oft'times i repine for the days of old
When we dug up the gold, in the days of '49
Of the comrades all that i've had, there's none that's left to boast
And i'm left alone in my misery like some ol' poor wandering ghost
And i pass by from town to town, they call me the rambling sign
"There goes tom moore, a bummer shore in the days of '49"
How often times i repine for the days of old
In the days of old, when we dug up the gold
How oft'times i repine in the days of old
In the days of gold, in the days of '49

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tatetopa said:

Make Russia Great Again.  MRGA. 

Helen do you know the Bob Dylan Song "In the days of '49"?   Its worth a listen. 

It ends like this:

How oft'times i repine for the days of old
Of the comrades all that i've had, there's none that's left to boast
And i'm left alone in my misery like some ol' poor wandering ghost
And i pass by from town to town, they call me the rambling sign
"There goes tom moore, a bummer shore in the days of '49"
How often times i repine for the days of old
In the days of old, when we dug up the gold
How oft'times i repine in the days of old
In the days of gold, in the days of '49

Speaking of MAGA and MRGA, Russia is shutting Facebook down :lol: 

They used it as one of their most successful disinformation channels (from magating to anti-vaxing, anti-vax bit them in the ass too) but it's now too dangerous for domestic Russian use because some people are disseminating actual truth about Russian aggression against Ukraine, about losses and Russian war crimes.   

Russia is being shut down back into full totalitarian darkness at accelerating speed. No literate Russian will like it.

("Literate" and "illiterate" are adjectives my fellow Slavs like to use to define someone's psychological profile.)

Oh, yes, the days of old, the times of soviet lakirovka. But when you scratch the surface, there's rust beneath. Damn thing was rotten inside, that's why it fell. And this abomination of a geopolitical zombie will fall. Ukraine will drive a trident through Putin's ideological septic tank.

Just give them ammo. As Ukrainian president Zelensky said, from Kyiv under neo-soviet fire: I need no ride, I need ammo. :nw:   

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

He's gaining weight, looks bloated, his eyes are literally dead. 

Careful with the term 'literally'.  It means 'real, actual, true' so until Putin is stumbling around with dead eyeballs in his bonce you probably mean 'metaphorically'.

Has he really changed that much?  I like the middle photo - it's like he's been told Smile! and that's something he'd read about but never seen...

Who is Vladimir Putin? A look into the life of Russia's leader | Marca

13 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

My full personal theory, for which I have zero evidence, is this: 

Au contraire - you have shared loads of strong evidence.  you just don't have indisputable proof.  But if the legal standard is 'beyond all reasonable doubt' then you've pretty much nailed your case - he's a puffed-up bully who has surrounded himself with sycophants for so long he's forgotten what it's like to be told no.  You forgot to mention small - he's only 5'6'' and it's a proven medical FACT that short insane dictators are more psychopathic - look at Hitler, Napoleon, @OverSword  - all nuts.

10 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

See, this is my impression too. People close to him/who have had long term contact with him are saying he’s changed over the last couple of weeks/months. He’s gotten impulsive, reckless… almost as if he’s been told some bad news and he’s taking out on the world.

I read somewhere that the Russian troop & equipment build-up has been going on for up to two years.  But that was probably just some journo hack trying to deflect blame from the Biden administration by claiming Vlad planned this attack while Trump was still in command.  Still - an operation like this doesn't happen overnight; he's probably been war-gaming this 'peacekeeping mission' since borrowing the Crimea in 2014 (and long before even that).

9 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

In my opinion yes, I think Putin will try to take all USSR territory.

I doubt that.  His Soviet-era mentality tells him he needs a neutral buffer zone around his empire.  During the Cold War that zone was eastern Europe - the satellite states USSR never quite left after WW2 ended; now it's Belarus and Ukraine.  If he were to rebuild the Soviet Union he would a) have to attack the NATO Baltic States (he has no need to attack them - NATO will never launch an assault on Russia from there), and b) be able to move Russian forces to the border with Poland - something that would hugely intensify the threat to/from both sides.

Another factor to bear in mind is - although Russia is a nuclear power, its conventional army retains structural command and control weaknesses.  It's a large army, yes, but they're struggling to squash Ukraine despite having every conceivable advantage in numbers, equipment and no coordinated international response.  Most non-elite troops are conscripts with no particular desire to fight anyone, let alone people they see as fellow-Slavs.  Their battle planning relies on their huge material advantage, effectively sacrificing each wave of troops because they have dozens in reserve.  That can't do much for military or civilian morale.  Just my opinion, but I doubt Russia has the wherewithal to permanently suppress even Ukraine, never mind a dozen other territories.

9 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

We are going into a WW3:( we do know  a nuclear war there are no winners "(

No we're not.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, thedutchiedutch said:

It's sad and I just wonder for how long his people are going to support him.

A lot longer then they are going to support Trudeau and Brandon.

The thing is, after the fall of the Berlin wall, the US promised to not move eastwards.

They lied.

What would the US government do if China wanted to put nukes on Cuba again?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

The thing is, after the fall of the Berlin wall, the US promised to not move eastwards.

They lied.

I apologize for the tone of my post that follows, it's rather resolute because you're assuming I, and Eastern European, am a thing that can be told what to do and what alliances to join or not. 

Who. the. ****. cares. what. would. anyone. do. in. case. of. an. imaginary. scenario. 

Who. the. ****. cares.

My country is in NATO because I too personally voted for it. 

Every country that is in NATO is in NATO because that was the will of the people. 

When NATO "promised" they won't move eastwards, that was the assessment of the situation at that moment and a guarantee of no forceful, military advancement (which is not an option with NATO ever anyway).

And why Eastern Europe absolutely wants to be a part of NATO? 

Well... how to put it nicely... have you seen any ****ing news lately? Putin attacking Ukraine? Wasting Russian lives in futile imperialist act of aggression? 

No discussion after attack on Ukraine needed. 

No little dictator **** gets to decide for me or my neighbours. We make our own decisions. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I apologize for the tone of my post that follows, it's rather resolute because you're assuming I, and Eastern European, am a thing that can be told what to do and what alliances to join or not. 

Who. the. ****. cares. what. would. anyone. do. in. case. of. an. imaginary. scenario. 

Who. the. ****. cares.

My country is in NATO because I too personally voted for it. 

Every country that is in NATO is in NATO because that was the will of the people. 

When NATO "promised" they won't move eastwards, that was the assessment of the situation at that moment and a guarantee of no forceful, military advancement (which is not an option with NATO ever anyway).

And why Eastern Europe absolutely wants to be a part of NATO? 

Well... how to put it nicely... have you seen any ****ing news lately? Putin attacking Ukraine? Wasting Russian lives in futile imperialist act of aggression? 

No discussion after attack on Ukraine needed. 

No little dictator **** gets to decide for me or my neighbours. We make our own decisions. 

Doesn't change the fact that the US lied, again.

Doesn't change the fact that the US would not allow any nukes on Cuba

Doesn't change the fact that Branden, or Sniffer in Chief is a dirty pervert who needs to spend the rest of his life in some dungeon.

10 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Doesn't change the fact that the US lied, again.

Doesn't change the fact that the US would not allow any nukes on Cuba

Doesn't change the fact that Branden, or Sniffer in Chief is a dirty pervert who needs to spend the rest of his life in some dungeon.

Amazing. 

You just walk over my human rights and parrot your propaganda crap. 

Well, who the **** cares about that too. 

By the way, when Trump praised Putin's "genius" moves, whole world laughed at the poor ass-kisser. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Helen of Annoy said:

Amazing. 

You just walk over my human rights and parrot your propaganda crap. 

Well, who the **** cares about that too. 

By the way, when Trump praised Putin's "genius" moves, whole world laughed at the poor ass-kisser. 

Trump is a POS nonce too.

I haven't mentioned your right to vote, although, if you think that you are going to have any human rights, soon, then think again.

Trudeau absolutely love Chi Chi Ping, and Brandon is a demon who's going home.

Align yourself with whoever you like, but Putin will not allow nukes-next-door.

16 minutes ago, Crazy Horse said:

Trump is a POS nonce too.

I haven't mentioned your right to vote, although, if you think that you are going to have any human rights, soon, then think again.

I will have my human rights, thanks to NATO too. On top of my natural psychotic determination to not allow any gnomes to scare me. 

You buy that illogical next door nukes crap? Never heard of inter-continental missiles? 

Putin is using that NATO encroaching as an excuse, it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously, and yet, there you are...  

Even old soviet generals confirm NATO is not a threat to Russia. NATO is only the threat to an expansionist, imperialist Putin's vision of Russia. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

Careful with the term 'literally'.  It means 'real, actual, true' so until Putin is stumbling around with dead eyeballs in his bonce you probably mean 'metaphorically'.

The argument surrounding the use of the word "literal" as a word for emphasis has long been settled. It's been used in a figurative manner since the 1700s. It's a debate settled long before anybody on this forum was even a notion.

13 minutes ago, Xetan said:

The argument surrounding the use of the word "literal" as a word for emphasis has long been settled. It's been used in a figurative manner since the 1700s. It's a debate settled long before anybody on this forum was even a notion.

That's how I use that word, an as emphasis. But the cartoonish image of bouncing eyes is morbidly amusing so there :D 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

An apsolute lie and fiction. Don't confuse economic diplomacy by Trudeau and Biden with fear or even admiration of autocrats as Trump did with Putin.

Anyway, as many of us have said Putin is the enemy not Trudeau, Biden or even Trump. We need to act as one to prevent Putin to take over Ukraine, Europe and the world. China will follow the money and the stronger side.

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Tom1200 said:

You forgot to mention small - he's only 5'6'' and it's a proven medical FACT that short insane dictators are more psychopathic - look at Hitler, Napoleon, @OverSword  - all nuts.

Hey!!! I’m six feet tall :angry: for that insult I will invade your country and force you to eat all of your vegetables 

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Helen of Annoy said:

I will have my human rights, thanks to NATO too. On top of my natural psychotic determination to not allow any gnomes to scare me. 

You buy that illogical next door nukes crap? Never heard of inter-continental missiles? 

Putin is using that NATO encroaching as an excuse, it wasn't even meant to be taken seriously, and yet, there you are...  

Even old soviet generals confirm NATO is not a threat to Russia. NATO is only the threat to an expansionist, imperialist Putin's vision of Russia. 

Why are you so aggressive, and creating conflict where there needn't be..?

Oh yeah, you voted for NATO, it makes sense now.

And why are you ranting, and being all hypocritical?

Oh yeah..

And why deny the truth?

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

That's not for him to decide, though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Crazy Horse said:

They lied.

The thing is that putin is a thug, a bully and a murderer. Russia has always been a threat to Ukraine's independence and because of that the relationship with the EU, NATO and the US has deepened over the years. Can you blame the Ukraine ? Instead of continuing a political standoff, vlad chooses to literally go to war and jeopardize thousands of innocent lives. Russia is the aggressor here. In regards to Cuba, are you referring to the Cuban missile crisis of 1962? That was the Soviet Union building nuclear missile sites not China. Anyways. The US would not be happy and we would be faced with another political standoff I guess. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why are you so aggressive,

Because I had it up to *here* with stupid kissers of Putin's ass. 

He's been murdering journalists and opposition for decades, now he's moved on to murdering whole countries. 

The times when his apologists in the West might have been seen as mere weirdos, to be tolerated because of tolerant principles, are gone. He made it end. 

Disinformation is one of the main tools of every fifth column. Insisting that Putin is somehow a poor innocent victim of NATO is bizarrely stupid. He is the aggressor in Ukraine, a country that did exactly nothing to provoke a war. Ukraine is being attacked by Putin because he's got irrational imperialist dream of expanding Russia.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Finland and Sweden did not request emergency admittance into NATO membership, but both countries can join at any time, if they choose so. 

They also made clear that Russian more-less veiled threat, supposed to make them stay away from NATO, has no effect on them. 

I like their style. 

If Putin wasn't insane, this is how Ukraine might have said that yes, it's nice to know that they can, but they don't have to join just yet.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Crazy Horse said:

Why are you so aggressive, and creating conflict where there needn't be..?

Oh yeah, you voted for NATO, it makes sense now.

And why are you ranting, and being all hypocritical?

Oh yeah..

And why deny the truth?

Man, I hope you are young and get to live a long life.  I wouldn't want you to die stupid.

• Like 4