Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

New petition calls on US government to release UFO videos

UM-Bot

4 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

The petition aims to persuade US government officials to release classified UFO footage to the public.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/355841/new-petition-calls-on-us-government-to-release-ufo-videos

They are going to claim that they already did that.

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

They are going to claim that they already did that.

What do you honestly think that they have?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Timothy said:

good question....this Is what it all boils down to IMO

the authorities probably know as many 'facts' about alien life as the public, which of course is none.

Impossible to release data you haven't got... If/ when aliens do actually come here- we will all know about it.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Timothy said:

It has nothing to do with what I think they have, it has to do with what they claim.  Video has been released and they have admitted it was from navy personnel, so they have released video.

• Confused 1

I would think the folks who are always demanding evidence would be leading the charge on this front. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

I would think the folks who are always demanding evidence would be leading the charge on this front. 

yeah good point- i'm one who's 'always demanding evidence' but i feel there is no charge that needs leading= it would be like leading a charge at an enemy i believe doesn't exist=== pointless ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Some of us request evidence of those making claims. The government has not said, "We have proof of extraterrestrials" or that they have footage of craft. There are people speculating they do and demand they release what they have. I would counter that those who say the government is hiding things provide the framework to prove that point.

So yeah, not really. Until someone makes a fantastical claim, I don't request or demand anything.

• Like 4

Yes, the US gubmint has all the treasures...  Not the amateur astronomy community (you know, the ones that find all those comets and asteroids and other stuff, and is filming the skies with worldwide coverage and fabulous equipment and identifying everything they see... no, definitely not them).  And certainly not any of the other gubmints of other countries including those that hate the US..  nope, just the US.

Yep, expect to be mightily impressed when disclosure finally comes, real soon now..  :wacko:

• Like 6

I hope we are all still here when these craft are confirmed beyond any doubt. Regardless of origin. 

The USGuv goes out of its way to tell the public they will declassify all UAP incidents. They ended up with 144 reports on such incidents.

Now, you have to stand there and *beg* to get the declassified reports made public. Go figure...?

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It has nothing to do with what I think they have, it has to do with what they claim.  Video has been released and they have admitted it was from navy personnel, so they have released video.

1. They didn’t claim anything.

2. All of the released videos can be explained by mundane things.

3. They simply confirmed the footage as legitimate and ‘unidentified’.

So anything other than that is pure speculation…

• Like 6

Hasn't the US Govy already released UFO footage and admitted they didn't know what they were?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Black Red Devil said:

Hasn't the US Govy already released UFO footage and admitted they didn't know what they were?

Yes.

They we’re initially leaked and claimed to be ‘the smoking gun’ (among other wild claims) by a third party.

Later they were confirmed to be legitimate footage by the Pentagon, however they were classified as ‘unidentified’, as there is not enough data in the footage to positively identify what it is.

The Pentagon / anyone official has never suggested that the footage shows anything unconventional/exotic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

27 minutes ago, Timothy said:

Yes.

They we’re initially leaked and claimed to be ‘the smoking gun’ (among other wild claims) by a third party.

Later they were confirmed to be legitimate footage by the Pentagon, however they were classified as ‘unidentified’, as there is not enough data in the footage to positively identify what it is.

The Pentagon / anyone official has never suggested that the footage shows anything unconventional/exotic.

The Pilots claimed they were doing maneuvers unforseen before, so that would suggest they were unconventional.  If by exotic you mean using propulsion material and systems that we don't see or use on Earth, I suppose we couldn't know that unless we studied these crafts and I don't think this was ever suggested in their disclosure. 

41 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The Pilots claimed they were doing maneuvers unforseen before, so that would suggest they were unconventional.  If by exotic you mean using propulsion material and systems that we don't see or use on Earth, I suppose we couldn't know that unless we studied these crafts and I don't think this was ever suggested in their disclosure. 

What the pilots (2?) claim (fantastical things) and what the Pentagon disclosed (legitimate footage  / unidentified) are separate.

Nothing claimed by Fravor / the other pilot/s is evidenced in the footage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

As Timothy pointed out, a couple of pilots have claimed that, but NONE, I repeat NONE, ZERO, ZILCH of the videos, nor any of the radar tracking data (hardly any), shows anything 'unforseen'.  It's all mundane stuff that is explained quite easily.  Ironically, the video often titled 'GoFast', shows what is most likely a relatively slow moving seabird or party/weather/target balloon or drone.

This topic has been covered in some depth before, here and elsewhere.  I'm happy to go through the analysis again for anyone claiming there is anything beyond earthly normalness.... :) 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Timothy said:

What the pilots (2?) claim (fantastical things) and what the Pentagon disclosed (legitimate footage  / unidentified) are separate.

Nothing claimed by Fravor / the other pilot/s is evidenced in the footage.

What evidence?  What are you talking about.  Both Underwood and Fravor (two of the pilots involved in some of the released footage and highly regarded) both claimed they were doing unforseen maneuvers.

The thing that stood out to me the most was how erratic it was behaving. And what I mean by “erratic” is that its changes in altitude, air speed, and aspect were just unlike things that I’ve ever encountered before flying against other air targets. It was just behaving in ways that aren’t physically normal. That’s what caught my eye. Because, aircraft, whether they’re manned or unmanned, still have to obey the laws of physics. They have to have some source of lift, some source of propulsion. The Tic Tac was not doing that. It was going from like 50,000 feet to, you know, a hundred feet in like seconds, which is not possible.

link

Relax mate, I'm not claiming they're from the Orion Belt and I don't believe the pilots are either.  If you want to deny the facts they've witnessed and what was witnessed in the radar room, otherwise the Pentagon would have dismissed all claims, it's your problem. I rather believe the US Govt claims thankyou very much.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ChrLzs said:

As Timothy pointed out, a couple of pilots have claimed that, but NONE, I repeat NONE, ZERO, ZILCH of the videos, nor any of the radar tracking data (hardly any), shows anything 'unforseen'.  It's all mundane stuff that is explained quite easily.  Ironically, the video often titled 'GoFast', shows what is most likely a relatively slow moving seabird or party/weather/target balloon or drone.

This topic has been covered in some depth before, here and elsewhere.  I'm happy to go through the analysis again for anyone claiming there is anything beyond earthly normalness.... :) 

The Pentagon says they were unaware what they were.  The Pilots are claiming they were doing unforseen maneuvers.

Where's the conspiracy?

29 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

What evidence?  What are you talking about.  Both Underwood and Fravor (two of the pilots involved in some of the released footage and highly regarded) both claimed they were doing unforseen maneuvers.

First up, Fravor and Underwood were NOT referring to the video footage that is always rolled out.  So it seems you might need to do some homework at places other than UFO-pushing sites.

Second, evidence is NOT a claim.

Third, if you analyse the videos (we can't do that to their claims..), there is NOTHING in the way of maneuvers beyond normal capabilities.  If you claim otherwise, you need to cite a video and the timing.

29 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

If you want to deny the facts

Why did you change the word from CLAIM to FACT?  Don't worry, we know why.

Some of us understand the problems with trusting perceptions or judgements, especially when they come from those pushing books, seminar appearances etc.  If you want to claim FACTS, you need to sort what Fravor and co were claiming, and then find what EVIDENCE they can supply to support the claims.  There is none.

And don't straw man - no-one said it was a conspiracy.  Just folks tryin' to make a buck..

Edited by ChrLzs
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, Black Red Devil said:

The thing that stood out to me the most was how erratic it was behaving. And what I mean by “erratic” is that its changes in altitude, air speed, and aspect were just unlike things that I’ve ever encountered before flying against other air targets. It was just behaving in ways that aren’t physically normal. That’s what caught my eye. Because, aircraft, whether they’re manned or unmanned, still have to obey the laws of physics. They have to have some source of lift, some source of propulsion. The Tic Tac was not doing that. It was going from like 50,000 feet to, you know, a hundred feet in like seconds, which is not possible.

link

Relax mate, I'm not claiming they're from the Orion Belt and I don't believe the pilots are either.  If you want to deny the facts they've witnessed and what was witnessed in the radar room, otherwise the Pentagon would have dismissed all claims, it's your problem. I rather believe the US Govt claims thankyou very much.

I agree with the US Government too.

The footage is authentic and classified as ‘unidentified’.

Like I said; anything other than that is pure speculation.

You’ve mentioned claims a couple of times now. 
I feel that you don’t comprehend what you’re talking about.

What claims?

Edit: Typo.

Edited by Timothy
Edit.
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, ChrLzs said:

First up, Fravor and Underwood were NOT referring to the video footage that is always rolled out.  So it seems you might need to do some homework at places other than UFO-pushing sites.

Second, evidence is NOT a claim.

Third, if you analyse the videos (we can't do that to their claims..), there is NOTHING in the way of maneuvers beyond normal capabilities.  If you claim otherwise, you need to cite a video and the timing.

Why did you change the word from CLAIM to FACT?  Don't worry, we know why.

Some of us understand the problems with trusting perceptions or judgements, especially when they come from those pushing books, seminar appearances etc.  If you want to claim FACTS, you need to sort what Fravor and co were claiming, and then find what EVIDENCE they can supply to support the claims.  There is none.

And don't straw man - no-one said it was a conspiracy.  Just folks tryin' to make a buck..

Listen here mate. Don't presume you know me by alleging I visit UFO sites or whatever loony bin esoteric revelation stories you find a life time pleasure in debunking. I'll explain it to you again real slowly this time. The Pentagon has claimed there are things flying around they can't explain. Yes/No?  The two pilots are claiming vehicles are zipping at speeds and maneuvers they haven't experienced before. Yes/No?  Time to shine, since you claim you've done a deep analysis, what's your theory? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Timothy said:

I agree with the US Government too.

The footage is authentic and classified as ‘unidentified’.

Like I said; anything other than that is pure speculation.

You’ve mentioned claims a couple of times now. 
I feel that you don’t comprehend what you’re talking about.

What claims?

Edit: Typo.

Whats with the word claim that upsets you? Its verbal communication for someone referencing something they've experienced. Are you suggesting the pilots never said these things?

Edited by Black Red Devil

• The topic was locked