Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN cancels much-hyped Alex Jones documentary

Eldorado

CNN last night cancelled the broadcast of a major documentary about InfoWars host and right-wing extremist Alex Jones after being widely criticised for effectively giving him a platform.

The documentary, entitled Megaphone for Conspiracy, was heavily trailed on the network in the week leading up to its scheduled slot. However, critics of Mr Jones and the radical right in general were angry to see Mr Jones treated as a subject of interest as opposed to a dangerous agitator whose ideas have penetrated public discourse with serious consequences.

In advance of the one-hour documentary, CNN promoted it as an investigation of how Mr Jones came to prominence and why he has taken the path he has.

MSN

• Haha 6

Desperate for ratings much?  Nobody (except some fringe) takes Alex Jones seriously do they?  If they want to increase ratings CNN should cater to a more conservative viewpoint.

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Desperate for ratings much?  Nobody (except some fringe) takes Alex Jones seriously do they?  If they want to increase ratings CNN should cater to a more conservative viewpoint.

"Peter Paul Almond Joy has nuts, Mounds don't."  Each has its market, nobody likes a compromise one almond bar.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

"Peter Paul Almond Joy has nuts, Mounds don't."  Each has its market, nobody likes a compromise one almond bar.

So explain MSNBC then? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tatetopa said:

Bar None

Eclectic but not a top tier brand.

I prefer Snickers.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, OverSword said:

He used to have a sizeable audience. Him doubling down on his sandy hook nonsense and the resulting YouTube, etc bands has affected his viewership, thankfully.

• Like 4

Yes, the Sandy Hook stuff and that rant about something making frogs gay that became a meme. Just about every time he rants, it becomes a meme of how insane he is.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 5

He’s always been an idiot.

Unfortunately just not idiot enough, so he can trick people into jumping onto his BS.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Timothy said:

He’s always been an idiot.

Unfortunately just not idiot enough, so he can trick people into jumping onto his BS.

Sorta - but the number of people out there who will believe practically anything is... well... astounding!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Obviousman said:

Sorta - but the number of people out there who will believe practically anything is... well... astounding!

Yep it’s a bit unfortunate.

• Like 1

Good. It will just give him more attention.

• 1 month later...

Jones is the best example of wh!te tr@sh that I can think of.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Perhaps he was cancelled because a better program was offered to CNN?

There are far more riveting documentaries I'm sure. Like The Growth of a Lemon Tree or something. 

See what ends up in the time slot. I'll bet it's better than Alex nutcase Jones. 

• Like 1

His disrespect of the family’s of Sandy Hook Elementary was perplexing, even for Alex Jones.

Normally, I could at least understand the basis for the theory behind most conspiracies he touted, but his Sandy Hook conspiracy was out of bounds for me.

Clearly, Adam Lanza was a real person, who acted alone, unless you count his insane mother, for buying him a weapon in the first place.

Coming on the heels of hurricane Sandy, which landed on the Homeland on October 12, 2012; the deranged killer’s senseless act at Sandy Hook, took place just two months later on December 14, 2012.

Coincidence?  Hurricane Sandy, was immediately followed by the tragedy at Sandy Hook Elementary? Two horrible events back to back.

If there was anyone who might of foreseen the darkness of this terrifying day; I was too disturbed, and heartbroken for the families to even mention it.

Hurricane Sandy was a real event, and a warning of worse “darkness” to come

Uploaded to YouTube on December 1, 2012 ….  a commemorative video of my Hurricane Sandy forecast, depicting a “left hook,” that fell upon….. and would soon fall upon the Homeland, again,  

This video forecast, included some curious poetic commentary that would in fact, “deliver its own forecast.” Adam Lanza was in every way imaginable, a “forgotten soul,” isolated by a disease that left him trapped in childhood.

He doesn’t deserve my sympathy, but in two weeks he “howled” at Sandy Hook Elementary on that dark day, December 1, 2012.

“Sandy” was literally, the forecast of a forecast.

“Forgotten souls, howl where we’ll send” …. https://youtu.be/c2K6rsv0BEo

• Like 1

“Hearing not then, but now is here when; forgotten souls howl where we’ll send.” 

This is a very odd thing to say, grammatically. Think carefully about the meaning, in light of a hurricane named “Sandy.” “Now is here when …..”

Even Lanza’s mother is trapped, or “forgotten,” by the circumstances of her son’s illness, and perhaps she does deserve our sympathy. It’s a tough call, because she also is responsible, since Lanza was not of sound mind, and she knew this.

Hurricane Sandy took a hard left turn, described as a left “hook,” in the memorial video. “Now” is hurricane Sandy, “here” is the Northeast U.S., and “when,” is the “hook,”  = “Sandy Hook.” = the “where”

The grammar tells a story …. not of a lone wolf, but of plural “souls.”

Lanza’s mother gave him easy access to the guns. Thus, she is partly responsible for the dark day on December 12, 2012.

On 2/28/2022 at 12:37 PM, Eldorado said:

CNN last night cancelled the broadcast of a major documentary about InfoWars host and right-wing extremist Alex Jones after being widely criticised for effectively giving him a platform.

The documentary, entitled Megaphone for Conspiracy, was heavily trailed on the network in the week leading up to its scheduled slot. However, critics of Mr Jones and the radical right in general were angry to see Mr Jones treated as a subject of interest as opposed to a dangerous agitator whose ideas have penetrated public discourse with serious consequences.

In advance of the one-hour documentary, CNN promoted it as an investigation of how Mr Jones came to prominence and why he has taken the path he has.

MSN

I've heard of him but could not tell you what he looks like not do I listen to him.   Just another idiot entertainer.  

• Like 1

Probably has something to do with that massive lawsuit he's facing, didn't want to get drawn into it by dumping on the guy. 

• 2 weeks later...