Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why aren’t all the people who are looking for Bigfoot finding Bigfoot?

Still Waters

Cable television is full of folks knocking about the woods looking for Bigfoot — Animal Planet’s “Finding Bigfoot” even came to Maine to search — but there’s not much finding for all of that looking.

We asked Maine’s own Loren Coleman, a world-famous cryptozoologist working in the field of as-yet-undiscovered creatures for more than a half-century, why he thinks that is.

https://www.sunjournal.com/2022/02/27/why-arent-all-the-people-who-are-looking-for-bigfoot-finding-bigfoot/

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

The idea that there are not all women expeditions in the Pacific Northwest is also a problem. I watched a superb movie of a mother daughter team that traveled the Pacific crest from Squamish to Alaska and took 6 months to travel the 2100 miles through remote wilderness.

This is about a group heading into the wilds of the PNW - all women.

https://www.outwardbound.org/blog/calling-all-women-outside/

And another one

https://wildwomenexpeditions.com/destination/all/canada/

And these are the businesses I quickly located. I'm certain there are more. Then there are the women that don't need to hire someone.

I'm not buying this idea.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

From the link:

“there were no documented reports of big foot [sic] or sasquatch carcasses and there were no projects to attempt to locate and/or recover any bodies.”

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Resume said:

From the link:

“there were no documented reports of big foot [sic] or sasquatch carcasses and there were no projects to attempt to locate and/or recover any bodies.”

This could be a cover up to prevent people's discovering the truth. :sm

• Haha 5

8 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

This could be a cover up to prevent people's discovering the truth. :sm

Yes, one of the many . . .  unevidenced conspiracies to keep us from The Truth™ .

Edited by Resume
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My leading theory is that Bigfoot is not like a bear or a gorilla in that it has attributes we would call 'paranormal' that can be used to avoid detection. For examples: They may be able to dimensionally shift and become invisible to our three-dimensional vision. It may be able to detect presences from a distance and prepare. 

Our rare sightings might be their rare mistakes where they have let their guard down.

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

I don't know from bigfoot, but I do know that when the treasure is found or contact is made, the series is over and the money stream ends.   Most every such series shot for a  TV season already has the 13th episode stored before the first is aired.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Kind of odd story here. One event has the remains carefully covered up and out of sight and the other has bodies openly displayed during transport.

Another odd thing is that if there were so many of them in the area then why were no live ones seen before the eruption.

Let's suppose that the pile of squatch was 3. There were 3 under the chopper. That's 6 bodies or maybe more that were recovered. The devastated area was 50 square miles. That's better than 1 squatch per 9 square miles. Remember this is of claims of observed bodies of squatch. Did they find each and every squatch killed? Was the pile more than 3? Were other disposals not observed? Take this into account and maybe if half the disposals were observed and half the bodies found and the pile was 4, not 3 squatch then we have a squatch density of:

total in area = (4 + 3) * 2 * 2 = 28

density = 50/28 > 2 squatch per square mile

https://www.usgs.gov/volcanoes/mount-st.-helens/1980-cataclysmic-eruption

Why are they so hard to find if their population density is so high?

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

I should point out that mountain lions in Colorado average around 10 to 13 square miles per individual. If mountain lions are so well known then why are squatch not well known?

I am going to guess that we have to go back to the source of these calculations and wonder if there is something wrong such as: the stories of the bodies is the sort of fiction which makes up bigfoot in the first place.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Why are they so hard to find if their population density is so high?

Maybe they live - or spend a most of their time - underground? Or, most realistically ...... they don't exist at all.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, stereologist said:

I should point out that mountain lions in Colorado average around 10 to 13 square miles per individual. If mountain lions are so well known then why are squatch not well known?

I am going to guess that we have to go back to the source of these calculations and wonder if there is something wrong such as: the stories of the bodies is the sort of fiction which makes up bigfoot in the first place.

''Mountain lions and black bears are vulnerable to traffic collisions because they often cross highways amid shrinking habitat. Between 2016 and 2020, more than 300 mountain lions and 557 black bears were reported killed on roads. Those numbers are considered conservative, because motorists are not required to report when bears or cougars are struck by vehicles.''

https://www.ucdavis.edu/climate/news/conflict-solutions-california-wildlife-and-drivers

but no bigfoot...

''Between January 2001 and June 2010 in just one stretch, 2,272 animals representing 49 different species of mammals, birds and reptiles were recorded as road kill. How many more we don’t know, but the verified count is high as it is. ''

https://mountainjournal.org/a-deadly-wildlife-highway-in-greater-yellowstone

but still no bigfoot...

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

But no bigfoot...

Maybe because they're a lot smarter and more careful than a mountain lions and black bears? :sm

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, jethrofloyd said:

Maybe because they're a lot smarter and more careful than a mountain lions and black bears? :sm

So they are way smarter than human !

''In 2017, 5,977 pedestrians were killed in traffic crashes in the United States. That’s about one death every 88 minutes.''

https://www.cdc.gov/transportationsafety/pedestrian_safety/index.html

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Jon the frog said:

So they are way smarter than human !

If they manage to constantly hide from the humans, maybe they are really smarer. :sm

• Haha 1

There is an often repeated claim that bigfoot is smarter.

• They easily avoid cars.
  • They easily avoid stepping in front of a camera trap.
  • They easily avoid getting caught by sampling wires designed to sample bear popultions.

Alright then, why did so many bigfoot get killed by Mt St Helens? The humans that weren't stubborn got out of there a long time before the fatal blast.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, stereologist said:

There is an often repeated claim that bigfoot is smarter.

• They easily avoid cars.
  • They easily avoid stepping in front of a camera trap.
  • They easily avoid getting caught by sampling wires designed to sample bear popultions.

Alright then, why did so many bigfoot get killed by Mt St Helens? The humans that weren't stubborn got out of there a long time before the fatal blast.

Best time of year to ski Mount St. Helens is March to May, they didn't want to miss that !

Big foot found… skiing? By Keith Teague | Teague Trek

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Haha 6

Let me quote acute, taken from the thread 'In search of Australia’s yowie':

''These things are all over the world — from Yetis to Yowies.

The Native Americans, Tibetans, Aborigines, Chinese, Russians (and probably loads of others) can't all be making the whole thing up''.

;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Because Bigfoot doesn't exist. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

Let me quote acute, taken from the thread 'In search of Australia’s yowie':

''These things are all over the world — from Yetis to Yowies.

The Native Americans, Tibetans, Aborigines, Chinese, Russians (and probably loads of others) can't all be making the whole thing up''.

;)

I don't think people are making things up as much as the idea of a humanoid monster is somehow something we are hardwired to identify.

You see someone or something. You're not sure what you saw and it becomes a monster. What size? Big of course. Who wants to admit being scared by a lilliputian? It has to be unkempt, i.e. hairy. It has to assault the senses, i.e. hairy and stinks.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1