Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Why aren’t all the people who are looking for Bigfoot finding Bigfoot?

Still Waters

1 minute ago, openozy said:

I have kind eyes I'm told but there is something inside that isn't. Twice I've been confronted by dangerous groups of people and I felt an evil taking over and they retreated. I was told later my eyes turned like a snake's and my voice turned satanic. I had no control or meant to do this. I don't know if this is a natural defence or something else.

Hi Open

Many years ago with a gang vice prez I had an experience and watched his facial features change in ways I cannot describe the manner of exchange in this type of medium but it was evil and played a part in my life of a worlds of criminals

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

o it sounds like we are more a like than it may seem at times. I don't really go into any detail about my life for two reasons, the first I have already mentioned, the second is because of what I did in the military

Hi MANWON

yOU HAVE MY RESPECT FOR DOING WHAT YOU HAVE DONE AND KNOW CONTINUE TO CONTRIBUTE AS AND INDIVIDUAL. yES MILITARY , GOVT, CRIME ALL RUNS UNDER THE SAME PRIVATE STANDARD OF ACCOUNTABILITY. Damn it I am drunk and yelling again  my friend and is not my intent . I am not any a$$ i AM  royal A$$, sort of being as one I am one of the Queens own figuratively speaking only because I have a land that I love and let someone else kiss the Queen's but do have a duty to those that I love and the ideals we shared. Unfortunately I am one of the last of my past and have been for some time..

43 minutes ago, openozy said:

I have kind eyes I'm told but there is something inside that isn't. Twice I've been confronted by dangerous groups of people and I felt an evil taking over and they retreated. I was told later my eyes turned like a snake's and my voice turned satanic. I had no control or meant to do this. I don't know if this is a natural defence or something else.

Hi Open

Children and pets for some reason sense things in a different way and those aspects evolve with us. I lived in a world of good guys bad guys , bad good guys and good bad guys

He was a mediator and made more money for himself than me and if I knew who he worked for previously never would have hired him. I gave over $8000.00 in receipts for parts alone that had been bought and installed and had cut out and replaced the floor pan and firewall not to mention stuffing a 76 LincolnMK4 into a 72 ranchero gt. My car was stolen Christmas eve and wrapped around a tree and there went my blood, sweat and tears.

I lived in a world of good guys, bad guys, bad good guys and good bad guys so never joined a club, made one oath to my country and that is the only gang I have banged for.

Edited by jmccr8
  • Sad 2

32 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Open

Many years ago with a gang vice prez I had an experience and watched his facial features change in ways I cannot describe the manner of exchange in this type of medium but it was evil and played a part in my life of a worlds of criminals

I can relate, I spent ten years with probably the worst family in this country and I'm from respectably people in society. It was a challenge that I barely made through but I'm a stronger person now. The amount of negative paranormal and earthly things I experienced is horrifying.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Open

Children and pets for some reason dense things in a different way and those aspects evolve with us. 

He was a mediator and made more money for himself than me and if I knew who he worked for previously never would have hired him. I gave over $8000.00 in receipts for parts alone that had been bought and installed and had cut out and replaced the floor pan and firewall not to mention stuffing a 76 LincolnMK4 into a 72 ranchero gt. My car was stolen Christmas eve and wrapped around a tree and there went my blood, sweat and tears.

Can't be replaced.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, openozy said:

Can't be replaced.

Hi Open

Cars are handy boxes of parts on wheel that men with imagination can have some fun if they don't want to get married or something. :D:whistle:I actually have a smart a$$ not so poliitically correct comment I am not saying right now that would be funny to people inclined to a certain humor.

Edited by jmccr8
edited twice and still couldn't spell politicaly
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Open

Cars are handy boxes of parts on wheel that men with imagination can have some fun if they don't want to get married or something. :D:whistle:I actually have a smart a$$ not so politically comment comment I am not saying right now that would be funny to people inclined to a certain humor.

A shame man, you can't say anything these days, lol.

1 minute ago, openozy said:

A shame man, you can't say anything these days, lol.

Hi Open

I was married twice a long time ago and I learned a couple of things. The first thing I learned is I didn't know nothing. Then I got married again and somehow had not caugth the drift and dove both wives homisidally insane so decided tjhat for the saanity of woman kind I would never marry again. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't hit the drive thru:whistle:

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Open

I was married twice a long time ago and I learned a couple of things. The first thing I learned is I didn't know nothing. Then I got married again and somehow had not caugth the drift and dove both wives homisidally insane so decided tjhat for the saanity of woman kind I would never marry again. Now that doesn't mean I wouldn't hit the drive thru:whistle:

Don't blame yourself mate they are sort of like BF, magical, scary and then they vanish but you can't stop looking for them in the hope you can communicate with one some day. Some sunny day, lol. I do believe that one does exist but like BF there is no proof.

Just now, openozy said:

Don't blame yourself mate they are sort of like BF, magical, scary and then they vanish but you can't stop looking for them in the hope you can communicate with one some day. Some sunny day, lol. I do believe that one does exist but like BF there is no proof.

Hi Open

I don't blame anyone each of us had different goals and means of achieving them, when something goes wrong I don't look at just others and usually start investigating myself. We were not the right people for each other, my grand-daughter has always seen her grandmother welcome in my home and as family so that she sees that just because people cannot be together does not mean that we cannot still love them as part of our lives. I am the last generation of my line of my family in name and do not want it to end in anger and prejudice.

I have a sense of humor about life both of my wives gave me one beautiful child each and can hold no fault for either in that sense. I have never discussed my relationship with my children nor will I their mother has told them what they have and would never offer a counter or defense

My life is anyone who really knows me knows me and that leaves me with 7 extra fingers

• Like 2

On 5/15/2022 at 10:43 PM, LadyPhoenix said:

For most of those shows, I agree.  There have been reports of DNA evidence, though, with some disagreement on what they actually mean.  There has been, for certain, unknown DNA found using environmental DNA sources, so there is something unidentified in the forests.  The way the charting of footprints yields a curve that reflects a living population is more solid evidence to me, at this stage.  Many of the prints actually show dermal ridges as well, which would be exceedingly difficult to fake.  I suspect there is something to the stories.  There's plenty for a reclusive population of primates to eat in the area they're seen, for certain.  Known primates have been difficult to locate and study.  That's one reason I can appreciate Expedition Bigfoot - that scientist they have on board is a serious lady, and will not accept conjecture as proof.  The "Bigfoot" guy is more like so many others, and assumes anything is evidence, but he's not the only voice.  It's worth a watch.  Besides, many Indian tribes have legends of hairy "humanoids" in their histories, so that's another factor to push toward the likelihood that there's something to these sightings.

Besides which, I saw the PG film WAY back, and that was NOT something you'd see from even good special effects in the movies back then.  They filmed something very real and alive, and I don't believe the guy who claims to have worn a suit.  Just look at the old Planet of the Apes movies to see the best FX from those days.  Whatever they filmed looked far more real than that.

I'd like to address some of the item you mention.

People that work with DNA will tell you that there really isn't unknown DNA. There are segments too short to tell much, but not unknown DNA. Short segments might limit the identification to fungus or plant. Longer segments can identify primate or rodent, or other broad collection of mammals. Sort segments of DNA do little to identify anything other than something living was there from bacteria to human.

Dermal ridges are easy to create. It has to do with the plaster and not what is being cast.

https://skepticalinquirer.org/newsletter/experiments-cast-doubt-on-bigfoot-evidence/

I am interested in seeing the curves you mentioned. This in reference to "charting of footprints yields a curve that reflects a living population"

Thanks in advance

• Like 5

Because bigfoot is actually a multidimensional, flying hyrax who can turn invisible at will..... obviously

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Because there ain't no Bigfoot, lol. 

• Like 3

You know what the problem is? We've lost our youthful imaginations and sense of wonder and have become all jaded and stuff. It's like that film 'The Never Ending Story'. I mean, come on, do you want The Nothing to win?

We have to get back to the way of our ancestors back in Medeival times. Back in those good old days, everyone believed in goblins, hobgoblins, trolls (they lived under a bridge), and faeries, among other things.

Back then, you didn't have any internet smarty pants goblin deniers writing stuff like 'There ain't no Bigfoot!'. Oh, those were the good old days.

I'll say one thing, if not for those good old days, we would have never got songs like this: 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

We have to get back to the way of our ancestors back in Medeival times. Back in those good old days, everyone believed in goblins, hobgoblins, trolls (they lived under a bridge), and faeries, among other things

Still more believable than the cr-- spouted on facebook, lol.

• Like 1

Evidence says there is no Bigfoot.

That said, I still think there could be a one off creature, maybe a human with mental issues, running around out there in the woods.

I've met a few people, and conversed with several more here on UM, who SWEAR they saw something that fits the description of bigfoot. People whom I have no reason to believe they'd lie, or be funding with me, about it.

So, doubt remains.

• Like 1

Years and years ago, here on UM, I posted a calculation on bigfoot being killed by a car.

I looked for the total of bears killed by cars. Theres roughly 5000 bears in rural Massachusetts with roughly 20 being killed by cars each year. So about 1 in 250.

If we use that number with say 2000 bigfoots, we should see like 8 dead bigfoots each year on the roads. Even if we assume they live in more rural areas, and are smart enough to avoid roads/cars, you'd still think one would turn up dead every year or two. Which again, we haven't seen happen. 

If we assume only 200 bigfoots, then its lots less likely one gets hit and killed. Maybe only one every ten years or more. And... The BFRO does hold stories of people hitting bigfoot with their car, and not going back. So very well could have happened. BF could drag off into the woods then die and no one is ever the wiser. 

So if a healthy population, we would know by now.

A near extinction population, they may be out there still. Doubt is there anyway.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/21/2022 at 2:20 AM, DieChecker said:

Evidence says there is no Bigfoot.

That said, I still think there could be a one off creature, maybe a human with mental issues, running around out there in the woods.

I've met a few people, and conversed with several more here on UM, who SWEAR they saw something that fits the description of bigfoot. People whom I have no reason to believe they'd lie, or be funding with me, about it.

So, doubt remains.

In the late 70s early 80s i dirt biked near a shanty village and a few of those homeless were rather scary insane, looking a bit weird but still human, i do believer off the grid humans make up some BF sightings.

I cant prove every alleged sighting is misidentified, hoax, BS,  delusion,  hallucination mental illness, etc yet with the total lack of supporting evidence where there should be a lot its easier to say BF doesnt exist. Witnesses are too unrelable sincerely isnt a gauge of existence.

I have heard far too many stories of sightings that fall apart for me in the details.

On 5/21/2022 at 2:38 AM, DieChecker said:

Years and years ago, here on UM, I posted a calculation on bigfoot being killed by a car.

I looked for the total of bears killed by cars. Theres roughly 5000 bears in rural Massachusetts with roughly 20 being killed by cars each year. So about 1 in 250.

If we use that number with say 2000 bigfoots, we should see like 8 dead bigfoots each year on the roads. Even if we assume they live in more rural areas, and are smart enough to avoid roads/cars, you'd still think one would turn up dead every year or two. Which again, we haven't seen happen. 

If we assume only 200 bigfoots, then its lots less likely one gets hit and killed. Maybe only one every ten years or more. And... The BFRO does hold stories of people hitting bigfoot with their car, and not going back. So very well could have happened. BF could drag off into the woods then die and no one is ever the wiser. 

So if a healthy population, we would know by now.

A near extinction population, they may be out there still. Doubt is there anyway.

Not sure how or if it figures in but here in Florida dating back decades were road side zoos where apes and monkies escaped or were turned loose, around the late 70s early 80s people did find road kill apes here over in titusville, i wouldnt want to guess but numbers living in the wild here had to be rather few, but likely are what some call "skunk apes".

Ive been here 57 years and saw my first live wild bear just a few weeks ago,

We see these actual creatures never BF

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Another adventure out into the deep woods this past weekend and still absolutely nothing. I'm starting to feel like BF is ghosting me.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trelane said:

Another adventure out into the deep woods this past weekend and still absolutely nothing. I'm starting to feel like BF is ghosting me.

Did you pick up all the poop you found? Never can tell... :whistle: :w00t:

I wish I had the time to go look... Life is too busy with a 2yr old.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

A toddler hum, you spend your time picking it up either way.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

The stuff I did happen across was easy to identify the animal it came from. No need to collect anything .

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

The stuff I did happen across was easy to identify the animal it came from. No need to collect anything .

Didn't find anything that looked like from a ten foot tall hobo? Three inches wide and 16 inches long, with berry seeds, acorn fragments and deer bone fragments in it?

Imagine that.

Probably buries it! :whistle: :yes:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

A toddler hum, you spend your time picking it up either way.

He's actually pretty well potty trained. It's keeping clothes on him that's hard. He's got an impressive full body tan.

• Haha 1