Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Man who bought allegedly haunted painting claims it ruined his life

Still Waters

1 hour ago, ouija ouija said:

I think that destroying it by fire would end the curse(dissipate it?).

I wouldn't trust it, but I think this was a con.

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, openozy said:

I wouldn't trust it, but I think this was a con.

Im just not superstitious and as ive said here many times if a person has an item they believe is haunted or cursed send it to me, i wont flip it, i will display it in my home and have zero issues from it because one thing i do know is a fact the best way to avoid the bogus focus or hocus pocus is be a skeptic.

• 3 months later...
since it was purchased at a flea market, anything could be attached.It looks like whoever the artist was, they were what we used to call in the old days, a Sunday Painter. Meaning that they were people who worked but painted on the weekends. It was their hobby, a way to relax. All there so called haunted objects remind me of the song Smut, by Professor Tom Lehr. He was a professor at MIT who wrote novelty songs. You can find his videos on Youtube. Anyhow, one of the lines, go something about I'm glad to say that anything is smut in the eyes of the beholder, I could tell you tales about Peter Pan and the Wizard of Oz ,there's a dirty old man. Just watch the video for the song, and you'll see what I am getting at.
I'm not saying there aren't cursed or haunted items, there are. However, I think people make some of this stuff up.

That’s a Demonic infestation 

• Haha 1

I don't trust bidders on Ebay. Like with video games, others may manipulate the trending price. I'd bet one of his friends/family raised the bid. 

Edited by Bed of chaos