Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Bizarre-looking creature found on Sydney street

Still Waters

A small creature, found on the streets of Sydney, Australia, has stumped biologists, academics and social media users alike. Harry Hayes was jogging on Monday morning when he stumbled upon the creature, reports Ladbible. The city has been lashed by heavy rainfall in recent days, but the bizarre-looking animal was not found in a flood zone. Instead, Mr Hayes found it while jogging through the Marrickville suburb of Sydney.

"My gut says it's some kind of embryo but with Covid, World War III, and the floods [going on right now] this could very well be an alien," he said.

Mr Hayes posted a video of the creature on Instagram, from where it has spread to other social media platforms like Twitter. The footage shows him poking the creature with a stick, but it remains immobile. 

https://www.ndtv.com/offbeat/bizarre-alien-creature-found-after-rainfall-it-has-stumped-biologists-2798375

https://www.ladbible.com/news/terrifying-alien-creature-found-on-sydney-streets-after-massive-rain-20220301

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Another one for the ride... 

16 hours ago  iheart.com - A mesmerizing video that has gone viral on social media in Thailand shows a captured snake which seemingly sports a bizarre furry green body, ...

7 days ago  "It's a snake covered in moss. It's in a large concrete barrel for breeding purposes. This is here in Thailand, the snakes owner has a big ...

~

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The claim that it has stumped biologists widens my eyes. I wonder how true that is and if there will be follow-up that will ever get to our attention.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm going with a shelless gastropod due to the 'foot' like appendage. I've no explanation for the thing that looks like an eye. Either that or some type of cephalapod 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

The claim that it has stumped biologists widens my eyes. I wonder how true that is and if there will be follow-up that will ever get to our attention.

Can help but notice it’s not a biologist who says biologists are stumped…

—Jaylemurph 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

it is 100% an embryo of some kind. maybe even human. google.

The issue is not whether this is an embryo and probably not even the phylum, but the family.

It looks to me like it has a backbone and forelimb. There is a head with an eye. The large pouch is the egg sac on which the embryo is living. It even appears to have a forelimb.

• Like 7

On 3/5/2022 at 12:18 AM, pbarosso said:

it is 100% an embryo of some kind. maybe even human. google.

Not a human embryo.  Mollusk of some sort.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/4/2022 at 12:44 PM, papageorge1 said:

It didnt stump any biologists worth a xxxx because in this day and age we have a wonderful tool called DNA testing,

This is a tabloid tale not science.

• Like 3

"My gut says it's some kind of embryo but with Covid, World War III, and the floods [going on right now] this could very well be an alien," he said.

Non-sequitors for $500 Alex.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can't imagine finding something like this and not taking it home just to see what happens...

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2022 at 2:03 AM, Kleng said:

Can't imagine finding something like this and not taking it home just to see what happens...

Sure, just what the face-huggers want you to do.

• Thanks 1

I swear, I think someone nuked my alien Trump baby hybrid hypothesis.

• 1 month later...

He couldn't pick it up in a cup or something, and take it in to some marine place, like an aquarium?  Overall, looks sort of squid-like.  Cool find, but not likely an "alien".

Seems to me pretty obvious its some kind of bivalve mollusk with the shells removed. The tentacle is the foot it uses to move about. Looks muscular, so probably a sand digging kind. Maybe a kind of clam.