Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

How will humans change over the next 10,000 years ?

UM-Bot

18 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

How likely is it that we will evolve into a more advanced species than we are at present ?

How likely is it that we will go extinct within 10,000 years?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

How likely is it that we will go extinct within 10,000 years?

That's a tad optimistic. We could go extinct within the next ten months.

We have a madman with nukes, who just put them on standby and says he considers sanctions an act of war.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, zep73 said:

We have a madman with nukes, who just put them on standby and says he considers sanctions an act of war.

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, zep73 said:

I've accepted that I probably have about another year left alive on this planet, based on how things are going. I'm going to just keep doing things as normal until that time comes, mind you, but it's still a relatively harrowing reality.

Tensions have risen so dramatically over the past month alone that it's unbelievable. If you'd told me six months ago that Putin would be talking about using nukes and actually invading Ukraine, I'd laugh at you. Now it's... well, here we are.

Thing is that World War 3 is inevitable, at this point.

Edited by Nuclear Wessel
  • Sad 1

We're already in the midst of a sixth mass extinction event for many species, and I'm thinking we may be on the list...again. What, people thought we'd live forever? Look at our current trajectory; even if WW3 wasn't a possibility, the planet can only withstand so much abuse. Climate change (human influenced or not), disease, water and food shortages...not to mention Earth is literally in the middle of a cosmic shooting gallery. Many nations around the world steer more and more towards tyranny and authoritarianism, another sign of a desperate species. Not to mention things like Covid, which is, in my hugely unpopular opinion, Mother Nature's form of population control. And then we obviously have the human form of population control...War. 

The birds and the bees, remember? Flowers and the trees. The symbolism for reproduction, even in song form. Both are dissappearing en masse, and not enough people seem to care. When we no longer even have the life in us to care for Mother Nature, she's eventually going to give us up for adoption 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

How likely is it that we will evolve into a more advanced species than we are at present ?

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/356028/how-will-humans-change-over-the-next-10000-years

If all goes well, physically we'll grow bigger brains or rather enhance brain capacity, taller and healthier due to healthier habits and progress. Technology will probably include nano bots, artificial prosthesis and allow exploration in the solar system and (maybe) galaxy.

If it doesn't go well, war, environmental catastrophies, over population, in that order.

I think its gonna take longer than 10K years to see any changes.. and I agree with most here. If, If we last that long..

Well, obviously, one of the changes will be a cell phone embedded in us somewhere. Because not having your cell phone on you at all times is the great crisis of this epoch that must be solved at all cost.
  • Haha 1