Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Uruguayan Navy officer once claimed that he almost shot an alien

What kind of mentality would even consider shooting at something first without finding out what it is? We need to learn from these aliens (if they exist) not destroy them. It is perhaps no wonder that they are hiding from us with this kind of attitude from bozo's like this. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Berwen said:

What kind of mentality would even consider shooting at something first without finding out what it is? We need to learn from these aliens (if they exist) not destroy them. It is perhaps no wonder that they are hiding from us with this kind of attitude from bozo's like this. 

I was gonna say the same, looks like cops there aren't much different than ours. That really stuck out, he saw three humanoids looking at him and the first thing he did was pull out a gun? Ready to maim or kill. Sad. 

I'm gonna bow out, I don't intend to make this a political or social matter...even though I just did

• Like 2

The investigation was very thorough, and their conclusions make sense, but I’m curious why the other men didn’t hear the sound of the helicopter as it departed?  
And apparently no one, including the witness, heard it arrive. There doesn’t appear to be enough distance between the lighthouse and the other buildings to prevent the noise of a helicopter from being heard from inside the buildings.

I find it curious too that no one seems to have offered an explanation for why a helicopter would choose to land there.

“The undersigning Directive Counselor, who investigated and studied the case in 1973, concludes that it was originated in the unusual observation of a Hughes 500 helicopter over the roof of the building that surrounds the Isla de Lobos lighthouse, on October 28, 1972, made only by one witness: 1st. Navy Corporal Juan Fuentes Figueroa.”

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, simplybill said:

The investigation was very thorough, and their conclusions make sense, but I’m curious why the other men didn’t hear the sound of the helicopter as it departed?  
And apparently no one, including the witness, heard it arrive. There doesn’t appear to be enough distance between the lighthouse and the other buildings to prevent the noise of a helicopter from being heard from inside the buildings.

I find it curious too that no one seems to have offered an explanation for why a helicopter would choose to land there.

“The undersigning Directive Counselor, who investigated and studied the case in 1973, concludes that it was originated in the unusual observation of a Hughes 500 helicopter over the roof of the building that surrounds the Isla de Lobos lighthouse, on October 28, 1972, made only by one witness: 1st. Navy Corporal Juan Fuentes Figueroa.”

Can you link to that i couldnt find it, thanks.

I read what the OP link provided and got to this

drinking

The guys were drinking, remember when that hill billy family thought an angry owl was a bunch of little aliens attacking their farmhouse?

They too were drinking.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, the13bats said:

Can you link to that i couldnt find it, thanks.

Here ya go:

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2022/03/alien-humanoids-nearly-shot-by.html

I had to switch to ‘Reader view’ because the dark background makes it too hard to read.

Edited by simplybill
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, simplybill said:

Here ya go:

https://www.phantomsandmonsters.com/2022/03/alien-humanoids-nearly-shot-by.html

I had to switch to ‘Reader view’ because the dark background makes it too hard to read.

On 3/8/2022 at 6:33 PM, simplybill said:

Thanks bill,

I guess i didnt look hard enough, i admit i didnt read every word my brain has been off lately but i did read 99%

What i gather is we have just a story from Fuentes with basically zero supportive evidence it ever happened.

Assuming the investgation was real and it did happen i too am sold it was a chopper still there were a few holes so to speak.

I have a friend i have known almost all my life he is like they describe the witness in this story a bit slow, he also joined the navy during the gulf conflict and was given the job of boiler tech which i believe is a bit lower than guarding a lighthouse.

Thinking about my buddy and when ive been around him drunk i actually could see him thinking a copter was the mothership and being admant even afterwards,

Like you say why did a chopper land there and wouldnt there be a flight record? And i too wonder why his buddies didnt hear it or why the crew didnt yell out to Fuentes.

This could be one of those cases where things did happen just not the way Fuentes claims they did.

• Like 2

I guess it's very boring in Uruguay. Internet outage?
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

I read what the OP link provided and got to this

The guys were drinking, remember when that hill billy family thought an angry owl was a bunch of little aliens attacking their farmhouse?

They too were drinking.

There's a bunch of Barred owls that hang out behind our place and they can get really noisy, sometimes in the middle of the night. But I don't think I've ever thought they were aliens, even if I was drinking.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hyperionxvii said:

There's a bunch of Barred owls that hang out behind our place and they can get really noisy, sometimes in the middle of the night. But I don't think I've ever thought they were aliens, even if I was drinking.

I dont believe drinking was the only issue by a long shot,

https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4331

I also believe something did lite the fuse for this one and while i cant swear it was owls i sure will not make any leap to it being aliens.

• Like 2

On 3/8/2022 at 6:48 AM, UM-Bot said:

An unnerving encounter with three mysterious entities occurred back in 1972 at a lighthouse on Isla De Lobos.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/356077/uruguayan-navy-officer-once-claimed-that-he-almost-shot-an-alien

I’m going to fix this story for you:

The incident, which occurred on October 28th of that year, began when five Navy personnel were stationed at the lighthouse to perform basic maintenance duties.

At just after 10pm, one of the men - Corporal Fuentes - had decided he needed to pee while really drunk… used the excuse to go and check the generators while the others remained in the living quarters drinking and playing cards.

As he began walking towards the lighthouse (which was around 45 meters away), Fuentes spotted something on the building's terrace that he was unable to focus on.

Drunkedly, he returned to his cabin to retrieve his pistol, but did not alert the other men as they were already passed out drunk.

Upon returning to the lighthouse, he noticed that the light house was made up of several lights and that these were illuminating what appeared to be three humanoid figures…. And when he squinted further he saw 23.3 Christmas trees.

Suddenly, all three of them were looking straight at him, prompting him to raise his pistol, and he shot like a drunken menace thus waking up his friends….

Because he was embarrassed for firing like a lunatic he explained that he watched as the three entities re-entered the object, which then ascended straight up while emitting a strange humming sound. Once it had reached a height of around 45 meters, it tilted, produced a bright fireball from underneath it and zoomed off in silence towards the south-east. All of them continued drinking that night”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

• 1 month later...
On 3/11/2022 at 8:01 PM, Nobu said:

he saw 23.3 Christmas trees

huh?