Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's deepest hole could be the key to limitless energy

UM-Bot

Thereis a company based in Texas.   I think they have been around for at least 20 years.

https://txgea.org

• Like 2

Unfortunately, I don't think cheap abundant energy will ever be a thing. Not that we won't have the technology to do it. It's just that it would mean even less control over the unwashed masses if we ever got that.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

Unfortunately, I don't think cheap abundant energy will ever be a thing. Not that we won't have the technology to do it. It's just that it would mean even less control over the unwashed masses if we ever got that.

So it may be up to the "unwashed masses" to create what they need, outside of the restrictions of the profiteers.   

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

So it may be up to the "unwashed masses" to create what they need, outside of the restrictions of the profiteers.   

100% agree. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

But are the unwashed masses smart enough to stop voting for the people that keep change from happening?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, OverSword said:

But are the unwashed masses smart enough to stop voting for the people that keep change from happening?

Maybe right now it isn't about voting, but about just doing what needs to be done and quit waiting for "government" to fix things.    

I watched a documentary a few years ago about some engineers that had a grant to research geothermal energy.  They drilled somewhere south of Mnt. St. Helens (if I remember correctly) and injected water into their hole the same way the fracking is done with chemicals.  I think the ground temperature was around 600 F in their hole.  They then capped the hole with a series of generators that were spun by the steam created when the water boiled off.  the steam was recaptured cooled and injected back down the hole so that very little water was lost to the air in the process.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

Maybe right now it isn't about voting, but about just doing what needs to be done and quit waiting for "government" to fix things.    

Yeah.  And all you need to do is get licenses to do it issued by a government that is mainly about maintaining the status quo and heavily funded by energy corporations that don't want any competition. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Yeah.  And all you need to do is get licenses to do it issued by a government that is mainly about maintaining the status quo and heavily funded by energy corporations that don't want any competition. 

No, you can install solar panels on your home, you can buy an electric car, you can make or buy a simple extruder and recycle the plastic you end up with from the grocery store.  You can buy laundry detergent sheets that come in a cardboard container instead of a plastic bottle of laundry detergent, you can use bar soap instead of liquid hand soap that comes in plastic bottles, you can buy your soda and "bottled" water in aluminum cans instead of plastic bottles, you can buy a water filter system (zenwater.com) and quit using bottled water, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

you can use bar soap instead of liquid hand soap that comes in plastic bottles

These bar soaps are infested with bacteria, like streptococces.

3 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Not a good idea:

Aluminium > Alzheimer

No, or everyong who drinks soda or anything out of aluminum cans would have alzheimers, and any one who has cooked with aluminum foil, etc.   Aluminum disolved, aluminum in deodorant, maybe, not in aluminum cans of water because water does not disolve aluminum.

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

you can buy an electric car

Yeah, but ask any fireman about those lithium batteries: they are fire hazards.

• Like 1

Just now, Desertrat56 said:

No, or everyong who drinks soda or anything out of aluminum cans would have alzheimers, and any one who has cooked with aluminum foil, etc.   Aluminum disolved, aluminum in deodorant, maybe, not in aluminum cans of water because water does not disolve aluminum.

Alzheimer is on the rise.

Just now, Abramelin said:

Yeah, but ask any fireman about those lithium batteries: they are fire hazards.

:lol:  And gas isn't?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

Alzheimer is on the rise.

So is cancer and a lot of other illnesses.  In my opinion due to our poor health choices, like processed food, too much sugar, more air and water pollution, 4G wifi, stressful lifestyles, etc.

Edited by Desertrat56

1 minute ago, Desertrat56 said:

So is cancer and a lot of other illnesses.  In my opinion due to our poor health choices, like processed food, too much sugar, more air and water pollution, 4G wifi, stressful lifestyles, etc.

Then go ahead.

We here in the Netherlands can safely drink water from a tap. I understand that in the USA you can't light a match near tap water. Or it is very often not a good idea to drink straight from it.

5 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

4G wifi

And why is that a health hazard?

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

:lol:  And gas isn't?

Ask a fireman about the problems killing a fire started by lithium batteries.

Just now, Abramelin said:

Then go ahead.

We here in the Netherlands can safely drink water from a tap. I understand that in the USA you can't light a match near tap water. Or it is very often not a good idea to drink straight from it.

It depends on where you live whether the tap water is safe to drink or not.  When I was a teenager we had a gas station next to our property on the highway and the soil is very alkaline so the gas tanks should have been replaced at least every 10 years, the owner was a cheap reprobate, and gas leaked into our well.   We didn't know until two of my brothers ended up in the hospital, and my dad had the water tested.  The property, and the gas station property became classified as a bio hazard and was unused for about 20 years before someone had the money to clean it up  and put in a strip mall.    I lived in two smaller towns that had undrinkable water, one because of the water table being polluted by oil drilling and one by mining.   In the city I live in now, the water is supposed to be drinkable but it smells too strongly of chlorine for me so I filter it 3 times before I use or drink it.  When I lived in Mannheim, Germany I know no one ever thought of drinking water out of the tap.

4 minutes ago, Abramelin said:

And why is that a health hazard?

Some of us can hear it, and think about it, it is microwaves flooding the air everywhere, we cook with microwaves.   

• Haha 1