Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

China Eastern: Plane carrying 132 people crashes in Guangxi hills

Still Waters

I took a flight from Guangzhou to Beijing back in 2000 and got the biggest jolt of adrenalized fear I've EVER had.  At some point in the flight I hear the intercom squawk at high volume, what sounded like shrieking to me.  I had to look around the cabin and notice that no one else seemed disturbed before I realized it was just a loud setting on the speaker ;)  Mandarin is best heard at low volume :) 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I just came across this:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/the-moment-china-eastern-boeing-737-nosedives-before-fiery-crash/

If it's real, I'm pretty sure there were no survivors :( 

china-plane-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Edited by and then
added a photo
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, and then said:

I just came across this:

https://nypost.com/2022/03/21/the-moment-china-eastern-boeing-737-nosedives-before-fiery-crash/

If it's real, I'm pretty sure there were no survivors :( 

china-plane-1.jpg?quality=90&strip=all

Hi And Then

Years ago a friend of mine went to Venezuela and he said because of where they were landing they did a nosedive right after clearing a mountain and this pic pretty much sounds like the description he gave. He never went back.:lol:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Did you watch the short video?  Whatever the failure was, that jet flew straight into the ground, nose first.  Those people had a horrible few seconds of fear.  I can't even imagine what that would have been like, for them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Last I read they found the (damaged) cockpit recorder and are now looking for the flight data recorder.

I fell terribly sorry for the family members. No one survived the impact.

• Sad 3

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

China plane crash: cockpit voice recorder analysed for clues as first victims found

The cockpit voice recorder from a plane which crashed into a Chinese mountainside with 132 people onboard is being analysed in Beijing, as the recovery mission confirms it has found human remains at the site.

The China Eastern Airlines flight crashed on Monday afternoon, after plunging from more than 6,000m (20,000ft). The cause of the crash is not known, and investigators have said determining it could prove difficult given the circumstances. The plane crashed with such force that much of it disintegrated on impact, and the recovered black box was “badly damaged”. A second black box, which records flight data, has not yet been found.

Zhu Tao, an official at the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), said the storage units of the recovered recorder were damaged but “relatively complete” and had been sent to a Beijing institute for decoding.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/24/china-plane-crash-cockpit-voice-recorder-analysed-for-clues-as-first-victims-found

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Mystery Over China Plane Crash Deepens After Discovery Six Miles From Crash Site

Flight data recorded by Flightradar24 appeared to show the aircraft suddenly lose altitude at around 2.22pm local time (6.22am GMT), roughly 40 minutes before it was due to land in Guangzhou.

Now, a piece of debris believed to be from the China Eastern Airlines plane has been discovered six miles away from the crash site, with Chinese officials saying if the piece is confirmed to be part of the Boeing 737-800 that crashed, it could mean the plane may have broken apart mid-air.

Zheng Xi, head of the Guangxi fire-fighting rescue team, said at a briefing that the piece was around 1.3 metres long and 10 centimetres wide.

However, at this stage in the investigation, officials said it is not possible to know if the aircraft piece was loose as a result of the 'stresses' during the fall, or if it came off before the descent.

https://www.ladbible.com/news/news-china-plane-crash-mystery-deepens-after-discovery-six-miles-from-crash-20220326

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, Still Waters said:

China plane crash: cockpit voice recorder analysed for clues as first victims found

The cockpit voice recorder from a plane which crashed into a Chinese mountainside with 132 people onboard is being analysed in Beijing, as the recovery mission confirms it has found human remains at the site.

The China Eastern Airlines flight crashed on Monday afternoon, after plunging from more than 6,000m (20,000ft). The cause of the crash is not known, and investigators have said determining it could prove difficult given the circumstances. The plane crashed with such force that much of it disintegrated on impact, and the recovered black box was “badly damaged”. A second black box, which records flight data, has not yet been found.

Zhu Tao, an official at the Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC), said the storage units of the recovered recorder were damaged but “relatively complete” and had been sent to a Beijing institute for decoding.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/24/china-plane-crash-cockpit-voice-recorder-analysed-for-clues-as-first-victims-found

It's interesting that with tech today that the information on flight recorders aren't kept in a cloud. Not meant as a joke.

• Like 2

On 3/26/2022 at 12:56 PM, jmccr8 said:

It's interesting that with tech today that the information on flight recorders aren't kept in a cloud. Not meant as a joke.

It would be a natural for Elon Musk and Starlink I would think.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Deliberate nosedive likely caused China Eastern Airlines plane crash, report finds

The crash of a China Eastern Airlines jet might have been deliberate, according to a US report.

The Boeing 737-800 crashed into the mountains of Guangxi on 21 March during a flight from Kunming to Guangzhou.

All those on board - 123 passengers and nine crew members - were killed.

Late on Tuesday, the Wall Street Journal reported that flight data from one of the plane's black boxes indicated that someone in the cockpit intentionally crashed the jet.

https://news.sky.com/story/china-eastern-airlines-crash-likely-to-be-result-of-deliberate-nosedive-report-says-12615627

• Sad 1