Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The UK government wants to build a solar power station in space

UM-Bot

Maybe just passing a new law that all new roofing installations will need to have a solar panels system and storage...
  • Like 1

Sounds a little like selling hope to the public in order stave off the need for any immediate action.  It sounds like an argument that all procrastinators recognize, "I don't have to do anything today because tomorrow, I will fix it all."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jon the frog said:

Maybe just passing a new law that all new roofing installations will need to have a solar panels system and storage...

Have you ever priced such a system?  https://www.makeuseof.com/solar-panel-cost/

Until those prices are greatly reduced, it just isn't a practical solution.  I'd LOVE to install a whole house system.

I want to know why they think it will work to transmit the energy back to the planet using wireless transmission.  It won't work.   

Even if they create loads of energy will it decrease our cost of living? No.  As well, why not use this technology for improving humanity here on earth? Because power companies wouldn’t be able to monitor usage.  Bottom line I hope this project totally fails. Greedy evil gov/power corporations (and they’ll be using your tax dollars to fund it)!

The general public will have to wear tin foil hats to avoid getting zapped when the down beam gets just a fraction out of alignment.

One advantage of this device is the ability to turn Russian tank drivers into well cooked burgers. ;) 

6 minutes ago, NCC1701 said:

The general public will have to wear tin foil hats to avoid getting zapped when the down beam gets just a fraction out of alignment.

tin foil is a conductor.  You would be electrified if you wore a tin foil hat ( or aluminum or any other conductive metal).  Why do you think in the olden days when the tv reception was bad you put aluminum foil on the rabbit ears?  To get better reception.  No, people will have to build faraday cages around their houses to keep from getting zapped.

3 hours ago, and then said:

Have you ever priced such a system?  https://www.makeuseof.com/solar-panel-cost/

Until those prices are greatly reduced, it just isn't a practical solution.  I'd LOVE to install a whole house system.

Do you think how much putting a thing like that in space would cost ? Probably more than what i propose...

• Like 1

Talk about one long extension cord!
  • Haha 1