Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intuition - examples


TrumanB
 Share

Recommended Posts

@TrumanB you probably subconsciously think of most of the different IT workarounds, but don’t realise that you’ve thought of them unless you receive a call about a specific one.

That’s how our brains work. Constantly ticking but might not realise we’ve actually thought about something unless triggered.

Your brain can even trick you into thinking that you’ve thought of something when you haven’t.

So; you’d have to document all of your thoughts at the time and then correlate them with events after the fact if you wanted it to be intuition.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Not really. I'd have intensive, almost obsessive, thoughts about one issue specifically and then got a call from customer regarding it. And I would not have thought about it for some period...

 

Anyway, I see this topic as a place where people give their own examples...

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

I've had intuition moments. Like sometimes meeting someone and just knowing they are a creeper or bad seed, or someone is just really good- I just feel it. And then it turns out I was right when later something happens. Or got the idea for some reason to grab whatever and take it with me somewhere, just in case. Then in case happens. Or I get the feeling I should stock up on X, or grow more or less of something in a season. Then it turns out I was right, needed the stock up, or got in a flush of something so it was a good thing I didn't plant more of whatever.

I'm not sure what all happens there. Some natural instinct, some learned things at play-even at a back level of my head, some up front knowledge that's lodged in enough that I don't consciously think about it... sometimes an actual physical gut feeling that is a primal physical response. Probably some dumb luck mixed in. 

 

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Interesting, I don't have intuition when it comes to other people and first impression. My later impression is often different from the initial one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

Not really. I'd have intensive, almost obsessive, thoughts about one issue specifically and then got a call from customer regarding it. And I would not have thought about it for some period...

 

Anyway, I see this topic as a place where people give their own examples...

I don't think you are describing intuition.  Intuition is the ability to understand something immediately, or a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling without the need for conscious reasoning.  I think what you're talking about is more like prescience.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Timothy said:

@TrumanB you probably subconsciously think of most of the different IT workarounds, but don’t realise that you’ve thought of them unless you receive a call about a specific one.

That’s how our brains work. Constantly ticking but might not realise we’ve actually thought about something unless triggered.

Your brain can even trick you into thinking that you've thought of something when you haven't.

So; you’d have to document all of your thoughts at the time and then correlate them with events after the fact if you wanted it to be intuition.

in bold above: That's an interesting concept :w00t:! How does it work though? How on Earth do you prove you didn't think of something when you're sure you did? :wacko:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

When I ask a girlfrend 'How do you know it will be like that?' she answers short; a Female intuition. :huh:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I've had a few intuitive moments as well. I haven't spoken to a friend of mine for a couple years and I said to myself I will literally bump into him in the middle of the street somewhere. A few months later I bumped into him near the subway station. Got me excited lol!!!

I'm like TrumanB though and have a bad tendency to ignore my intuitive thoughts. 

Another example is when I was watching the anime attack on titan. I had this remarkably accurate intuitive thought where I knew certain character was gonna pass away. But I loved this character so much I later ignored that thought and I was hoping for the best for this character. When I started watching season 2 or 3 they killed him off :(

Edited by Normandy888
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Due to my mental nervious issues i tend to be on guard looking out for whatever and at times i get out right paranoid and kick myself for it,

I think of all kinds of possible twists , turns and outcomes of any situation and many times im nail on but i also have epic fails my wife a PhD in psychology and laughs at my fails and says my hits are coincidence in a funning with me way,

I believe intuition is something humans have to keep us safe and some folks have it more than others or pay more atrention to it  but i do not buy into it being some magical gift like claiming to be psychic that some try to cook it up to being.

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, OverSword said:

I don't think you are describing intuition.  Intuition is the ability to understand something immediately, or a thing that one knows or considers likely from instinctive feeling without the need for conscious reasoning.  I think what you're talking about is more like prescience.

 

Maybe, there are different definitions of intuition. 

Yours is: instead of A > B > C > D intuition is A >B

I like this definition but imho intuition has different form. One of them is when you think of someone who you haven't seen in a while and then you run to that person on the street. That happened too.

Edited by TrumanB
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Our Apache-Yaqui head logger knows when a poisonous snake is around before anyone sees it.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Piney said:

Our Apache-Yaqui head logger knows when a poisonous snake is around before anyone sees it.

He also predicts when I'm going to injure myself, which is probably this.           V

11 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Confirmation Bias.

:sm

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Piney said:

He also predicts when I'm going to injure myself, which is probably this.           V

:sm

The snake and predicted outcomes seem feasible.

The snake you be reacting to the environment; and, a potential injury would be the result of doing something wrong.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Piney
Would you call it a plain life experience or something more?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

@Piney
Would you call it a plain life experience or something more?

Stash the Apache has something more.

5 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

The snake and predicted outcomes seem feasible.

The snake you be reacting to the environment; and, a potential injury would be the result of doing something wrong.

The equipment would be offloading in the staging area with both the skidder and tractor trailer running and he would say while driving the machine off the trailer "there's a ****ing snake around here", then catch it.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are you familiar with any method to work on our intuition? Or maybe we should just be open and should not neglect that little inner voice...

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Are you familiar with any method to work on our intuition? Or maybe we should just be open and should not neglect that little inner voice...

Not that I know of. My autism gives me a natural BS detector.

Some inner voices are unfounded anxiety. You just have to use your common sense.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Piney said:

Not that I know of. My autism gives me a natural BS detector.

Some inner voices are unfounded anxiety. You just have to use your common sense.

I just want to sharpen my intuition. It's but there is also a space for improvement.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/25/2022 at 8:02 AM, rashore said:

I'm not sure what all happens there. 

Could almost say it's paranormal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Piney said:

Our Apache-Yaqui head logger knows when a poisonous snake is around before anyone sees it.

I lived in an area heavily populated with Eastern Brown snakes which are the world's second most deadly land snake and lost most of my hunting terriers to them. I could sense when one was around after about two years living there.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I just want to sharpen my intuition. It's but there is also a space for improvement.

Have you tried opening ur 7 chakras? I hear ur chakras flare up and down if ur intuition clicks.

Megan fox opened her 7 chakras and that's how she met her twin flame.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
11 hours ago, openozy said:

Could almost say it's paranormal.

For me personally, probably not so much. I think it's mostly normal things like what I listed, I'm just not sure what all combination of those things causes my intuition. But then I'm of the notion that intuition is reactive rather than proactive. A collection of information and learning, stored consciously and subconsciously, that causes me to react to a something in an intuitive way. Kind of like how we learn body memory, and we can react forward without consciously doing it. Intuition is a rough mental form, mostly subconscious or in the forethought of conscious. It seems like it's proactive- I got a feeling and then it turned out right. But I think it's more reactive- somewhere in my mind I was already potentially right and made the decision that later turned out to be correct. 

My intuition is off too. I don't always get it right. Sometimes my reactions are wrong, or misplaced. Days where I really didn't need to bring the umbrella, or really wished I had worn my wellies.... ah well. Sometimes my intuition agrees with the weatherman, sometimes it does not. 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, rashore said:

For me personally, probably not so much. I think it's mostly normal things like what I listed, I'm just not sure what all combination of those things causes my intuition. But then I'm of the notion that intuition is reactive rather than proactive. A collection of information and learning, stored consciously and subconsciously, that causes me to react to a something in an intuitive way. Kind of like how we learn body memory, and we can react forward without consciously doing it. Intuition is a rough mental form, mostly subconscious or in the forethought of conscious. It seems like it's proactive- I got a feeling and then it turned out right. But I think it's more reactive- somewhere in my mind I was already potentially right and made the decision that later turned out to be correct. 

My intuition is off too. I don't always get it right. Sometimes my reactions are wrong, or misplaced. Days where I really didn't need to bring the umbrella, or really wished I had worn my wellies.... ah well. Sometimes my intuition agrees with the weatherman, sometimes it does not. 

 

It is a subconscious thought, it doesn't seem to come to the fore if you try and use it. I think you have to be in the right frame of mind. With animals I've found rabbits and other prey animals seem to be the champions with whatever this is. I think it could be a genetic memory as with things like the fear of dangerous animals such as snakes. All the dogs I've owned know they are lethal at first scent.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.