Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intuition - examples

TrumanB

On 3/25/2022 at 7:12 AM, TrumanB said:

I want this topic to be a place where we will write about our own experiences with intuition. I have hundreds of them but let's start with most resent.

For the past 10 months I've been working as IT Help desk for one US corporation. Daily I receive dozens of calls. Some of the issues that we have to deal with are common, some come once in a blue moon. What is interesting is that very often (the last time it happened today) I have thoughts about some of the issues that we rarely receive just before it happens or early at the beginning of the shift. For example, today it got into my head that I should remind myself about workaround regarding one system that we receive a call about not that often and the last call I personally received was maybe about 3 months ago. And as usual, I did not listen to my intuition but literally the first call today was for that thing and it had to be raised as high priority with precise procedure to follow. This kind of stuff often happens to me when I'm doing night shift when we usually have only few calls per night. Often 30 minutes before the call regarding some problem that pops up seldom I have intensive thoughts about that one and guess what...

I have many other examples...Once I was walking in the street to go to the movies and I received intensive thought 'your phone will disappear'. During projection my cell phone dropped out of my pocket. When I realized that it's not there (right after I left cinema hall) it was too late. I went back to my seat but somebody already picked it up.

Also often before something happens or someone says something I receive a though about it. It can be literally that way or somewhat similar.

What are your examples of intuition?

Bro, /whisper you're talking about instinct homie >.<.  Intuition is perception, i.e. multiple frames of perception at once, the ordinary man experiences only one perception their entire life.

• Like 1

I recently experienced an astonishing episode of intuition, but it’s such a personal incident that I am not comfortable sharing it publicly. 

If @TrumanBwants to contact me privately, I will be happy to share.

Sometimes the most powerful personal mystical experiences, are like this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is an another example that I've experienced literally a half an hour ago.

I got back from work and decided to lunch in local KFC (yes, it's not the healthiest place but let's forget about it for a moment). When I entered the facility had a picture in my mind of staff member talking to some black people customers.  I took my order and sit down. After about ten minutes four black  women entered KFC and set to the table on my left side. I think that they were speaking Portuguese. Now, this may not be a strange occurrence if it happened in New York but here where I am you can see people of black race mostly in city center and not on everyday basis. And I don't live in center. To see them in more distance parts is very very rare.  If this is not intuition I really don't know what is.

Edited by TrumanB

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Here is an another example that I've experienced literally a half an hour ago.

I got back from work and decided to lunch in local KFC (yes, it's not the healthiest place but let's forget about it for a moment). When I entered the facility had a picture in my mind of staff member talking to some black people customers.  I took my order and sit down. After about ten minutes four black  women entered KFC and set to the table on my left side. I think that they were speaking Portuguese. Now, this may not be a strange occurrence if it happened in New York but here where I am you can see people of black race mostly in city center and not on everyday basis. And I don't live in center. To see them in more distance parts is very very rare.  If this is not intuition I really don't know what is.

They have KFC in Serbia?   OMG!   How did that happen?   The second worst fast food chain in the U.S. is in Serbia?  Sorry, you were talking about intuition, but I think what you describe is precognition.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

They have KFC in Serbia?   OMG!   How did that happen?   The second worst fast food chain in the U.S. is in Serbia?  Sorry, you were talking about intuition, but I think what you describe is precognition.

Yes, I always mix intuition with precognition.

Having KFC is not a surprise. We had first McDonalds in this part of the world in the 80s.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Yes, I always mix intuition with precognition.

Having KFC is not a surprise. We had first McDonalds in this part of the world in the 80s.

I remember when the first McDonald's got to Mannheim, Germany in the late 70's.  Al the U.S. G.I.'s flocked to it.   I went with  my boyfriend, not really excited about it, but I found that the pickles they used were so much better it made the Big Mac a better sandwich.   I still don't care for Mc Donalds, but for me they are the third worst.  The absolute worst is Burger King.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Desertrat56 said:

I remember when the first McDonald's got to Mannheim, Germany in the late 70's.  Al the U.S. G.I.'s flocked to it.   I went with  my boyfriend, not really excited about it, but I found that the pickles they used were so much better it made the Big Mac a better sandwich.   I still don't care for Mc Donalds, but for me they are the third worst.  The absolute worst is Burger King.

Maybe it's silly but I still care about McDonald's. Perhaps because I have childhood memories with them. But let's not get nostalgic. I want to hear your example(s) of precognition/intuition!

• Like 1

@TrumanB

I think intuition is about instinct. And instinct is, according to me, about your senses working at the highest level. But you don't realize consciously they are working at the highest level.

You may only experience it as a gut feeling.

I experienced something like that when I crash-landed in the French Alps with my hangglider. It's a long story to tell.

Edited by locomekipkachelfantje
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Maybe it's silly but I still care about McDonald's. Perhaps because I have childhood memories with them. But let's not get nostalgic. I want to hear your example(s) of precognition/intuition!

Precognition, I have had some but it was precognitive dreams.   I worked in a place where we were all in cubes and I could hear what was going on two rows away.   In the morning one of my co-workers and I would chat before we got to work.  We were both very productive and it was no big deal until some woman who was not in our group was moved into a cube in the middle of our row.  My co-worker and I sat across from each other at one end.   I dreamed one night that we were at a party and I was having a nice conversation with my friends when I looked over and noticed my boss sitting on a couch glowering at me.   I knew that it meant my boss was mad at me.  It turns out that woman, who did not belong in our group, had complained that we were not working, having too much fun visiting but we didn't know.   Two days after I had that dream each of us was called in to the bosses office separately to be chastised and told that someone complained.   We knew who it was and I said, it is silly to put someone who has to be on the phone with clients in the middle of the programmers who work with each other and sometimes have conversations.   My boss was weak, passive aggressive and I always spoke my mind and he never reacted.   My co-worker was moved to another row and a few weeks later that woman was moved to a different part of the building.   

A few months later a woman who had worked for the company for almost 2 decades lost her position (it was done away with) but they did not want to let her go so they made a position in our group as supervisor.  (OMG give a bunch of software developers a supervisor who has no clue what we are doing)  What a nightmare she was.  We already filled out our timesheet on the computer and it was submitted weekly, reports were created that she had access to, but she insisted we also email her a spreadsheet every Friday with our time logged on it.   We would find her looking over our shoulders to be sure we were working, like we had a bad reputation or something - there were 15 of us.   She had a problem specifically with 3 of us, me and the co-worker that got moved and another person.  I think the other two, she had no idea what they did, could not uderstand it and thought they just sat around talking all the time.   I figured that out when I had a dream that the 3 of us got moved downstairs to the stair well.   Luckily, the boss figured out she was causing more problems than helping him.  An incident with a person from another group that caused complaints was part of it.  So she was moved to another job and we did not end up in the stairwell.   :D

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

@TrumanB

I think intuition is about instinct. And instinct is, according to me, about your senses working at the highest level. But you don't realize consciously they are working at the highest level.

You may only experience it as a gut feeling.

I experienced something like that when I crash-landed in the French Alps with my hangglider. It's a long story to tell.

We are constantly bombarded with information, so much that we learn to filter out what we think is irrelevant, we are also trained to filter out certain types of information (because we have to pretend we are lowly, and incapable of so much).   Intuition is picking up that information, or noticing it and trying to interpret it through all the filters we have set up.   Some people ignore more than others, so it seems some are more intuitive than others.   We all have ways of letting things through those filters, a gut feeling, a knowing with no explanation of how, a feeling of foreboding or something like a feeling of things clicking into place (like when you win something unexpected, but just before it is announced you feel that you won it).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

We are constantly bombarded with information, so much that we learn to filter out what we think is irrelevant, we are also trained to filter out certain types of information (because we have to pretend we are lowly, and incapable of so much).   Intuition is picking up that information, or noticing it and trying to interpret it through all the filters we have set up.   Some people ignore more than others, so it seems some are more intuitive than others.   We all have ways of letting things through those filters, a gut feeling, a knowing with no explanation of how, a feeling of foreboding or something like a feeling of things clicking into place (like when you win something unexpected, but just before it is announced you feel that you won it).

If you consciously processed every bot of information we'd get nothing done. Most of that information is processed on unconscious levels. We do filter information based on different factors. Intuition is largely experience based. Things become "instinctive". Intuition is just a different form of information processing. 

• Like 1

@Desertrat56Thank you for sharing your experience. These two dreams are a beautiful example of precognitive dreaming. And I know that they exist.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TrumanB said:

@Desertrat56Thank you for sharing your experience. These two dreams are a beautiful example of precognitive dreaming. And I know that they exist.

If it's ok to post a precognitive dream, then I have one.

It was 1978, a year after my father died. As an aside, we were both born on the 4th of july. He died 3 weeks before our birthday.

A couple of weeks before my birthday I dreamt of my father. He said something like, "Son, your bike is crap, it's to fragile for the way you use it. Here, this one is more suited for your way of driving. It's second hand, but it's a strong bike. Only that damn leather saddle is a bit wobbly."

What he showed in the dream was what looked like a heavy black transporter bike with a brown leather saddle.

A few weeks later my mother - I still lived at my parents home at the time - gave me a present for my birthday: a black transporter bike with a brown leather saddle...

You can imagine how amazed I was, but it was only years later I told my mother about the dream. However, she kept repeating the bike was brandnew, and not second-hand.

The saddle wàs wobbly, though.

• Like 7

I've got one. It was a precognitive dream.

I was rear ended while stopped in bumper to bumper traffic by a driver who wasn't paying attention and hadn't noticed traffic was stopped.

A woman in a toyota slammed into my jeep doing about 45mph.  My Jeep was totaled (bent frame) so I needed a new vehicle.

I purchased another vehicle and the evening after I purchased it, I had a vivid dream upon waking that I was sitting at a light in the new truck.  When I pushed on the accelerator, the engine would just rev but the vehicle would not move. 

That next morning, I got in the truck, headed to work, got to the intersection to head out of my neighborhood, waiting to turn left.  When the light changed and I pressed on the gas, the vehicle just revved, as if in neutral, though was still in gear.  It did this every time the vehicle was started cold.  First stop after initial move, car slipped out of gear.

I logged the dream and eventually the truck went back to the used car lot under the lemon law, as the problem was recurring and after seven trips to the mechanic, I forced them to repurchase and went somewhere else.

• Like 3

@locomekipkachelfantje@quiXilver Both are great examples of precognitive dreams.

• Thanks 1

This morning I've dreamt of seeing an old friend whom I knew when I was a teenager. We went to the seaside several times but I haven't seen him for at least 15 years. In my dream he was 18 years old. Today in public transportation I saw a high school friend that I haven't seen for 6-7 years.

These dreams occur often and they can't be a coincidence.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TrumanB said:

This morning I've dreamt of seeing an old friend whom I knew when I was a teenager. We went to the seaside several times but I haven't seen him for at least 15 years. In my dream he was 18 years old. Today in public transportation I saw a high school friend that I haven't seen for 6-7 years.

These dreams occur often and they can't be a coincidence.

I believe in intuition, and it has saved my life. Moving to a location in the Middle East, I started having an easy feeling when approaching a point where we had to make a turn. At the last minute I told my driver to stop, I used my GPS and the map to see if there was another route which there did turn out to be. We took the alternate route and arrived at the meeting a little late but no worst for ware.

When we returned to the FOB that evening we discovered that a vehicle that took the road we avoided that day had been destroyed by an IED, and four soldiers lost their lives. People said we were very lucky to have not had a similar fate, I told those who asked that I had missed that turn off and used an alternate route, and just agreed with them. I never mentioned what actually occurred, only me and my driver knew the truth. 

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4

On 3/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, TrumanB said:

I want this topic to be a place where we will write about our own experiences with intuition. I have hundreds of them but let's start with most resent.

For the past 10 months I've been working as IT Help desk for one US corporation. Daily I receive dozens of calls. Some of the issues that we have to deal with are common, some come once in a blue moon. What is interesting is that very often (the last time it happened today) I have thoughts about some of the issues that we rarely receive just before it happens or early at the beginning of the shift. For example, today it got into my head that I should remind myself about workaround regarding one system that we receive a call about not that often and the last call I personally received was maybe about 3 months ago. And as usual, I did not listen to my intuition but literally the first call today was for that thing and it had to be raised as high priority with precise procedure to follow. This kind of stuff often happens to me when I'm doing night shift when we usually have only few calls per night. Often 30 minutes before the call regarding some problem that pops up seldom I have intensive thoughts about that one and guess what...

I have many other examples...Once I was walking in the street to go to the movies and I received intensive thought 'your phone will disappear'. During projection my cell phone dropped out of my pocket. When I realized that it's not there (right after I left cinema hall) it was too late. I went back to my seat but somebody already picked it up.

Also often before something happens or someone says something I receive a though about it. It can be literally that way or somewhat similar.

What are your examples of intuition?

This is a great thread I glad it was resurrected or I would have missed it but away thanks for starting it!:tu: 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is a great thread I glad it was resurrected or I would have missed it but away thanks for starting it!:tu: 

Great to have you back, Manwon! 

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, simplybill said:

Great to have you back, Manwon! 

Thank you Sir, I don’t know how much longer I will be but it’s certainly people like you that keeps me coming back!

Be well, hope your family is also healthy and safe my friend!:tu:

• Thanks 1

What's more interesting than "intuition?"  How about when you write a forecast that itself becomes a forecast. This has happened to me, at least twice. I call it, the "forecast of a forecast." When this happens, it's mind blowing in terms of the odds, because both are connected to a single person. I need to come up with a name for this phenomena, but I've yet to think of an adjective or word that fits.

The other thing I've found interesting, is when you forecast a very rare event in history. In such cases, your degree of accuracy in describing the expected event can be far less specific, because the outcome you're decribing is so rare. If it's one of a kind, in history, then you can even be more vague in your description, and still be very accurate. 

What this tells me is that there is a degree of intuition that exceeds the norm, but how this is possible, is hard to explain without the help of a Higher Power. 

Edited by Raptor Witness

On 5/14/2022 at 3:50 PM, Raptor Witness said:

What's more interesting than "intuition?"  How about when you write a forecast that itself becomes a forecast. This has happened to me, at least twice. I call it, the "forecast of a forecast." When this happens, it's mind blowing in terms of the odds, because both are connected to a single person. I need to come up with a name for this phenomena, but I've yet to think of an adjective or word that fits.

The other thing I've found interesting, is when you forecast a very rare event in history. In such cases, your degree of accuracy in describing the expected event can be far less specific, because the outcome you're decribing is so rare. If it's one of a kind, in history, then you can even be more vague in your description, and still be very accurate. 

What this tells me is that there is a degree of intuition that exceeds the norm, but how this is possible, is hard to explain without the help of a Higher Power. 

Start with the definition of nothing as a n+1 trip into intuition as superconduction in extra carricular mathematics at senior schooling.  I just okayrd wow dealt with hangovers banged my chick you know what I mean and absolutely nailed it.  I'm very good at war as a concept as a stimulation done ages ago.  Presumably anyhow.  (Psychosis ATM.)

• 5 months later...

Here we go again. I was at the 2022 Belgrade book fair today and had two premonitions

1) When I entered the fair building complex had a picture in my head that someone approaches me and shakes hands with me. It wasn't clear who was it. An hour later I was walking between book rows and someone out of sudden approached me me and offered me a handshake. That was my old college friend, I haven't seen him for years.

2) I chose a book to buy and was approaching a saleswoman. Had a scene in my head that she doesn't give me the book after I paid. And that really happened. I payed with my debit card, got a card back, looked around for a couple of minutes and then realized that I'm empty handed. Got back to her and she apologized for not giving me the book. I predicted basically both her and mine absentmindedness. This happened only at that stand and I visited many stands and bought solid number of books in these two days that I visited the book fair.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Here we go again. I was at the 2022 Belgrade book fair today and had two premonitions

1) When I entered the fair building complex had a picture in my head that someone approaches me and shakes hands with me. It wasn't clear who was it. An hour later I was walking between book rows and someone out of sudden approached me me and offered me a handshake. That was my old college friend, I haven't seen him for years.

2) I chose a book to buy and was approaching a saleswoman. Had a scene in my head that she doesn't give me the book after I paid. And that really happened. I payed with my debit card, got a card back, looked around for a couple of minutes and then realized that I'm empty handed. Got back to her and she apologized for not giving me the book. I predicted basically both her and mine absentmindedness. This happened only at that stand and I visited many stands and bought solid number of books in these two days that I visited the book fair.

Things like this is why the word Coincidence was invented.

5 hours ago, joc said:

Things like this is why the word Coincidence was invented.

I don't believe in coincidence in this case. Or maybe by Coincidence you mean that there is something more?

• Like 1