Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intuition - examples

TrumanB

2 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I don't believe in coincidence in this case. Or maybe by Coincidence you mean that there is something more?

Coincidence is something more.  Everything we take in...through our five senses is logged into our brains.   You think...hmmm...somebody is going to shake my hand.  Well...people shaking hands is a  common thing...especially in places we frequent...so somebody shook your hand...right after you thought someone might shake your hand...and then you validate your thoughts as somehow prophetic.  You had a thought that the lady would forget to give you your book.  Probably because you were thinking also exactly that.  But it doesn't mean it was prophetic.  We have all kinds of thoughts going in our brains all the time.  Everything is logged into our brain in memory.   A situation that is similar to something that might have happened before...or a fear that we have that is logged in our memories.  Who knows really.  But this is certain...

What we do know is that the future is a myth.  There is no future.  There is no past.  Except what is in our memory.  There is no future, except in our thoughts based on the past as anticipation.   It may seem like it is...wow...I thought it and it happened...therefore I know the future.  But in reality...we exist in our own heads as kind of a matrix of past thoughts and anticipation of future results based on our past thoughts. We cannot really know the future.  Every thing that happened before we were born is part of our DNA.  Thoughts that we think are ours may have been from our ancestors. We cannot then entirely know that what we think is original to us.  Which is why ...in my opinion...deja vu even happens.  Much of who we are and thoughts that we think are in our DNA from who knows how many generations before us. 

This is why people who have undergone hypnosis and are directed through that medium have thoughts they never had.  Remembering things like flying in a world war two aircraft, etc.   We cannot discount DNA memory in cases such as yours.  And many people may have DNA memory that is more poignant to them than others.  

We know that history repeats itself...but most likely it is because of the DNA memory of our past that we do not even consider.   And so...coincidence.

We as humans are so incredibly unknowledgeable of our DNA past memories.  But they are there.  Always. 

Edited by joc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is a deep thought and I agree to some point but not about the future. There are things that are predetermined and we are from time to time allowed to glimpse into it. It's something like a signal from the future. I had many dreams that came through to detail. That's not a random ****. It's real.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is a deep thought and I agree to some point but not about the future. There are things that are predetermined and we are from time to time allowed to glimpse into it. It's something like a signal from the future. I had many dreams that came through to detail. That's not a random ****. It's real.

My thoughts on predetermination:

If the future is Predetermined....then it is ALL predetermined.  In other words, it has already happened.  All of it. That may be the case.  But, if that is the case, then what are we?  Shadows from the past of what has already been?  Now and then remembering a snippet of what is about to happen?  Everything we do, everything we think, we must have done before and if we have done it all before, then there is no destiny.  How can Destiny happen if it is already Pre-Destined to happen.  Considering that, there is nothing we can do that really matters...no amount of thought matters, no amount of action or inaction matters because it is what has already happened before and must happen again.  We must therefore be caught up in a continuous infinite Loop...Playback of the past which never, ever ends.  We have no control over it, we have no control over anything...a continuous never ending loop of Ground Hog Day.   Attempting to better ourselves is a pointless exercise.  Evaluation and reevaluation of our thoughts and actions a pointless exercise.

We can 'see' into the future...but only if we look...only if we can think 15 seconds ahead of what is now.  Considering the miraculous thing going on inside each of our brains...billions of brains...I just don't see any predetermination.  One action, by one person can change the spectrum we call the future forever for countless people.  Just my thoughts.

Thanks for listening.

• Like 1

There is an information process in the brain, data is registered, collected and an action taken.

You might say that now for the brain is at the point an action is taken not when the sensory information is first available.

It could be that the initial sensory data can influence the brain at some level before a final point is reached to do something or not. 

This might look like a short term, small part of a sec, precognition or intuition?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, joc said:

We can 'see' into the future...but only if we look...only if we can think 15 seconds ahead of what is now.  Considering the miraculous thing going on inside each of our brains...billions of brains...I just don't see any predetermination.  One action, by one person can change the spectrum we call the future forever for countless people.  Just my thoughts.

Thanks for listening.

If that is the case there would be no precognitive dreams that span from the present day to 10 years ahead. And I don't think that everything is predetermined. But everyone's life has a line that to some extent is. That's why some door always stay closed no matter how hard I push and some open easily without any impedance. Some things are just not meant for me in this life and some are.

7 hours ago, L.A.T.1961 said:

There is an information process in the brain, data is registered, collected and an action taken.

You might say that now for the brain is at the point an action is taken not when the sensory information is first available.

It could be that the initial sensory data can influence the brain at some level before a final point is reached to do something or not. 

This might look like a short term, small part of a sec, precognition or intuition?

That explains some glimpses in the future but not all.

• Like 1

Deja-Vu experiences are talked down by a lot of experts.

Yet when we experience one, if we keep the Deja-Vu feeling going them come thick and fast. As a few minutes of this pass, you get where you have seen everything. There is a state of mind deep down, not dreaming but deeper, where you have seen absolutely everything across the whole of time. I think there is a God mind, there is only one of them, and it`s at all of our cores.

We perceive the subconscious as knowing things or `intuition`.

If you really listen to what goes on in your mind, try to use your intuition to predict or know something, and listen to the very, very, first thought that pops into your head no matter how miniscule in strength that it is.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Deja-Vu experiences are talked down by a lot of experts.

Yet when we experience one, if we keep the Deja-Vu feeling going them come thick and fast. As a few minutes of this pass, you get where you have seen everything. There is a state of mind deep down, not dreaming but deeper, where you have seen absolutely everything across the whole of time. I think there is a God mind, there is only one of them, and it`s at all of our cores.

We perceive the subconscious as knowing things or `intuition`.

If you really listen to what goes on in your mind, try to use your intuition to predict or know something, and listen to the very, very, first thought that pops into your head no matter how miniscule in strength that it is.

Time is an illusion.  Time is a measurement...relative to velocity and distance.  That is all.  This whole past exists, future exists is a myth.  There is only the moment always changing, never the same.  The present doesn't even exist except as an abject reality of memory.   

Thoughts are memory...nothing more. 

3 hours ago, TrumanB said:

If that is the case there would be no precognitive dreams that span from the present day to 10 years ahead. And I don't think that everything is predetermined. But everyone's life has a line that to some extent is. That's why some door always stay closed no matter how hard I push and some open easily without any impedance. Some things are just not meant for me in this life and some are.

Precognitive dreams do not exist because, the future does not exist.  Outside of your personal belief,  that precognitive dreams exist...where is any evidence of such?  Where is any evidence that the past or the future exist?  The past is only a recollection of things that have happened.  If the past exists...go back and change it.  If the future exists...step on into it and affect it.  It doesn't.  We cannot.  The only thing that actually exists is constant change.  All of our memory is bio/chemical/electrical.  You drop a glass on the floor...it breaks.  Glass in Now splintered across the floor.  Constant change leaves footprints of what happened, but there is no going back to change it.  There is no going forward to affect it.  There just isn't.  If the future existed...how could it exist only here and there?  

There is no future.  It is only a concept based on memory of the past and anticipation of what may occur.  There is no physical evidence whatsoever that the future exists.  Constant change exists.  That is all.

On 10/30/2022 at 6:51 PM, joc said:

Precognitive dreams do not exist because, the future does not exist.  Outside of your personal belief,  that precognitive dreams exist...where is any evidence of such?  Where is any evidence that the past or the future exist?  The past is only a recollection of things that have happened.  If the past exists...go back and change it.  If the future exists...step on into it and affect it.  It doesn't.  We cannot.  The only thing that actually exists is constant change.  All of our memory is bio/chemical/electrical.  You drop a glass on the floor...it breaks.  Glass in Now splintered across the floor.  Constant change leaves footprints of what happened, but there is no going back to change it.  There is no going forward to affect it.  There just isn't.  If the future existed...how could it exist only here and there?  

There is no future.  It is only a concept based on memory of the past and anticipation of what may occur.  There is no physical evidence whatsoever that the future exists.  Constant change exists.  That is all.

First, I know that our minds are not only a product of  bio/chemical/electrical impulses so we disagree on that.    We are more than the sum of our physical parts.

But I know you can't explain with your science why when I was young I would dream something and 2 days to two weeks later it would happen exactly as I dreamed.  AND I do agree that our perception of time is an illusion, however there are many things we don't understand.   And the dreams I had were very specific and very mundane.   The first one, I dreamed I was sitting on the living room floor watching television with my cousin and a commercial came on with a mare and colt grazing, there were big trees and my cousin and I liked the commercial until it turned out it was a car commercial.  I am old, that commercial was for the new Ford Pinto.   I told my cousin about the dream and then we both forgot about it until 2 weeks later when we were sitting on the living room floor watching TV and that commercial came on, the first time either of us had seen it.  

I am not the only one who has had dreams that were detailed enough to recognize as "looking around the corner into the future".   It isn't usually useful information anyway, but it does happen.  Sometimes people have dreams that they think are predictions of disaster, but I haven't seen any documented that came true, so my belief is that most of those are bringing subconscious fears to the attention of the dreamer and the dreamer that proclaims them as prophetic is looking for attention.   Do you see how I straddle the fence here?   I know things are possible but I also know a lot of people just want attention or to deflect their inner turmoils out so that they escape responsibility for them.   And there is really no way to tell what is prophetic and what isn't until it happens or doesn't happen.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

First, I know that our minds are not only a product of  bio/chemical/electrical impulses so we disagree on that.    We are more than the sum of our physical parts.

But I know you can't explain with your science why when I was young I would dream something and 2 days to two weeks later it would happen exactly as I dreamed.  AND I do agree that our perception of time is an illusion, however there are many things we don't understand.   And the dreams I had were very specific and very mundane.   The first one, I dreamed I was sitting on the living room floor watching television with my cousin and a commercial came on with a mare and colt grazing, there were big trees and my cousin and I liked the commercial until it turned out it was a car commercial.  I am old, that commercial was for the new Ford Pinto.   I told my cousin about the dream and then we both forgot about it until 2 weeks later when we were sitting on the living room floor watching TV and that commercial came on, the first time either of us had seen it.  

I am not the only one who has had dreams that were detailed enough to recognize as "looking around the corner into the future".   It isn't usually useful information anyway, but it does happen.  Sometimes people have dreams that they think are predictions of disaster, but I haven't seen any documented that came true, so my belief is that most of those are bringing subconscious fears to the attention of the dreamer and the dreamer that proclaims them as prophetic is looking for attention.   Do you see how I straddle the fence here?   I know things are possible but I also know a lot of people just want attention or to deflect their inner turmoils out so that they escape responsibility for them.   And there is really no way to tell what is prophetic and what isn't until it happens or doesn't happen.

I have literally the same experiences and views on this matter. And I also wonder what is the point of these dreams when it's usually not useful information. Why do we get small fractions of future that don't change much in our lives? Maybe it's not meant to make sense, perhaps it's just a talent like any other.

I would also like to hear more of what you've wrote in the fist paragraph. How would you define more?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

With all respect DesertRat...You do not 'know' that our minds are more than the sum of our physical parts.  Even if that is true...it is not possible to 'know'.  But, regardless, there is a reason why anecdotes such as yours and others can and should be discounted.  That reason is the fallibility of memory.  Memory is not a carbon copy of the reality that was.  It is a facsimile of events at best but it is completely invalid and discountable because what we do actually 'know' is how memory is made in the brain and how it functions and how it does not.  

Memory is fallible because every single time that we 'remember' a thing...it is recoated with acetylcholine and a new memory is formed.  A memory of a memory...so all of our memories are actually that...not memories of events, but rather, memories of memories of memories of events.  While it seems that our memories are real and valid and accurate...there is no way we can know how valid they actually are.  Consider this example:   You wake up in the middle of the night and turn on a bright light and then immediately turn it off.  You will see exactly where everything is...it's like you are actually looking at it...you can see where the dresser is and the things on the dresser...it's kind of a negative picture frozen on your Retina and it takes a few seconds for it to fade.  Now,  you walk over to the dresser and attempt to pick up a hair brush, but you run into a chair before you get over there.  Reality is different than what we remember.  

You are hedging all your bets that 'there is something more' on nothing more than the  word of a psychopathic liar...that psychopathic liar is...memory.  Memory is a liar because it presents itself as completely accurate when it can never be completely accurate. 

21 hours ago, TrumanB said:

I have literally the same experiences and views on this matter. And I also wonder what is the point of these dreams when it's usually not useful information. Why do we get small fractions of future that don't change much in our lives? Maybe it's not meant to make sense, perhaps it's just a talent like any other.

I would also like to hear more of what you've wrote in the fist paragraph. How would you define more?

I think these dreams are just indications that we are more than the sum of our physical parts, there is more to the universe than what we can perceive physically and that includes us.  We don't need any serious dreams that make us think we can change something.   I don't think that is why we are experiencing being human on planet earth.   But some of us need to know there is more to everything than the physical that we are experiencing, or maybe we do know and that is why we get these dreams and other experiences.  We know we are all connected and that we are eternal.  

If we were totally physical we would not have dreams that give us a "peek around the corner" or be able to astral travel/remote view etc. (and I have proof for myself, no scientific proof because I don't care about anyone else's belief in my perceptions) that I could choose a place and time, go and view what is going on, return to my body and document it, then verify with the person I was "visiting" or who I had made arrangements to be at that place.   Childish, rudimentary experiments, but coroboration that I did see and hear what was 200 miles away or in someone else's house while my body was in my house.   

• Like 1

20 hours ago, joc said:

With all respect DesertRat...You do not 'know' that our minds are more than the sum of our physical parts.  Even if that is true...it is not possible to 'know'.  But, regardless, there is a reason why anecdotes such as yours and others can and should be discounted.  That reason is the fallibility of memory.  Memory is not a carbon copy of the reality that was.  It is a facsimile of events at best but it is completely invalid and discountable because what we do actually 'know' is how memory is made in the brain and how it functions and how it does not.  

Memory is fallible because every single time that we 'remember' a thing...it is recoated with acetylcholine and a new memory is formed.  A memory of a memory...so all of our memories are actually that...not memories of events, but rather, memories of memories of memories of events.  While it seems that our memories are real and valid and accurate...there is no way we can know how valid they actually are.  Consider this example:   You wake up in the middle of the night and turn on a bright light and then immediately turn it off.  You will see exactly where everything is...it's like you are actually looking at it...you can see where the dresser is and the things on the dresser...it's kind of a negative picture frozen on your Retina and it takes a few seconds for it to fade.  Now,  you walk over to the dresser and attempt to pick up a hair brush, but you run into a chair before you get over there.  Reality is different than what we remember.  

You are hedging all your bets that 'there is something more' on nothing more than the  word of a psychopathic liar...that psychopathic liar is...memory.  Memory is a liar because it presents itself as completely accurate when it can never be completely accurate. 

I am editing this because I should not have posted it.  I am still sick and not thinking clearly.    I will say that I don't understand the "hedging all your bets" comment as I don't think I would live my life differently if I believed like you do.   The only difference is that pain is a much larger fear than death for me.  

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I think these dreams are just indications that we are more than the sum of our physical parts, there is more to the universe than what we can perceive physically and that includes us.  We don't need any serious dreams that make us think we can change something.   I don't think that is why we are experiencing being human on planet earth.   But some of us need to know there is more to everything than the physical that we are experiencing, or maybe we do know and that is why we get these dreams and other experiences.  We know we are all connected and that we are eternal.  

If we were totally physical we would not have dreams that give us a "peek around the corner" or be able to astral travel/remote view etc. (and I have proof for myself, no scientific proof because I don't care about anyone else's belief in my perceptions) that I could choose a place and time, go and view what is going on, return to my body and document it, then verify with the person I was "visiting" or who I had made arrangements to be at that place.   Childish, rudimentary experiments, but coroboration that I did see and hear what was 200 miles away or in someone else's house while my body was in my house.   

Looking at my life I'm wondering if we can really change things out of predetermined path at all...

I remember that we discussed on some topic about remote view. I offered you to try to find me and see what am I doing. If I remember well you responded that you are out of shape for that sort of thing.

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 6:28 PM, joc said:

Time is an illusion.  Time is a measurement...relative to velocity and distance.  That is all.  This whole past exists, future exists is a myth.  There is only the moment always changing, never the same.  The present doesn't even exist except as an abject reality of memory.   

Thoughts are memory...nothing more. 

Hi Joc

Yes today is tomorrow’s yesterday 

• Haha 1

Looking at my life I'm wondering if we can really change things out of predetermined path at all...

I remember that we discussed on some topic about remote view. I offered you to try to find me and see what am I doing. If I remember well you responded that you are out of shape for that sort of thing.

Yes, I haven't done that sort of thing in a while.  When I was young I had some experiences that led me to believe it was best to just leave it alone.    

I had a memory/vision/idea that we all sit around a big conference table and we bring a map that we have planned for our experience as human on planet earth and each gets a turn to say, at this juncture I need someone who can ...   and someone at the table sees that their map lines up and they volunteer for what ever, some maps may overlap a lot (like siblings, cousins, spouses, enemies, etc) and some may just touch in a spot here and there. I am not saying that is how it is, I am saying that is my idea of how we work out what we will experience.    There have been a couple of times in my life when I knew something that would have caused me to make a different choice and somehow in the moment of the choice I had no memory of it, so the choice was made and a month or so later I remembered when it was too late to undo that choice.  It got me where I am now, so I agree, I don't think we can or even want to change anything.  We think we do, we get stuck in the past thinking if we could go back it would be different, but that is a different story, not the story we are living, the story we chose.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

Yes, I haven't done that sort of thing in a while.  When I was young I had some experiences that led me to believe it was best to just leave it alone.    

I had a memory/vision/idea that we all sit around a big conference table and we bring a map that we have planned for our experience as human on planet earth and each gets a turn to say, at this juncture I need someone who can ...   and someone at the table sees that their map lines up and they volunteer for what ever, some maps may overlap a lot (like siblings, cousins, spouses, enemies, etc) and some may just touch in a spot here and there. I am not saying that is how it is, I am saying that is my idea of how we work out what we will experience.    There have been a couple of times in my life when I knew something that would have caused me to make a different choice and somehow in the moment of the choice I had no memory of it, so the choice was made and a month or so later I remembered when it was too late to undo that choice.  It got me where I am now, so I agree, I don't think we can or even want to change anything.  We think we do, we get stuck in the past thinking if we could go back it would be different, but that is a different story, not the story we are living, the story we chose.

My story to...When I miss opportunity/"opportunity" I regret but during that moment there is some subconscious force in me that made me do it that way. I tried to fight it but so far I fail. It comes specifically to one area of my life.

And when it comes to the first part of your comment...it may be quite true although it's subjective. I personally believe in reincarnation and that kind of stuff...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

I am editing this because I should not have posted it.  I am still sick and not thinking clearly.    I will say that I don't understand the "hedging all your bets" comment as I don't think I would live my life differently if I believed like you do.   The only difference is that pain is a much larger fear than death for me.  

I was talking about your ford pony dream.  It was a commercial on TV.  It is entirely possible and most probable that you saw it and don't even remember it...but it was still memory in your sub conscious.  Which is where all of our dreams come from...memory...actuated by our subconscious mind.  Everything is memory.  It's really all we have. So 'hedging your bets' means that you are using the story of the Ford Pinto to validate a prophetic dream.   You are betting on memory of having never seen the commercial until after you dreamed about it as validation for your dream being prophetic.  That's all. No big deal.  

I had a precognitive dream before the Loma Prieta earthquake in October 1989. I was living with my Grandma and I told her what I saw which was the Bay Bridge damage with the helicopters and the section that fell in as well as other damage. I told my Great Aunt as well and my family took note when two weeks later on the news was the exact picture I'd described. I went on for about a year and half, to two years having precognitive dreams every so often. I'm a lucid dreamer and usually control my dreams, rarely there are times I cannot. The dreams that predicted things were ultra vivid, not changeable and would wake me up after with a startle which I never did before and haven't since. I usually woke up my Grandma and told her and asked her to write down the details. Names wouldn't come through well but I could see things that would then happen within the week or next. The one that stands out was I had a dream my sister was going to die in a small plane crash. That was the most vivid and detailed and felt like it lasted hours. When I woke up I was upset but confused as she had never flown in a small plane and as far I knew then wasn't planning to. As upset as it made me ( the dream showed her crashing just outside of Tahoe in the mountains through to her funeral and memorial gathering at her and her husbands home.) I called my sister and told her about the dream and she remained quiet while I spoke and I finally said I'm sorry to call you up crying because it's so dumb because you aren't planning a trip or flying anywhere but I just had to call you. She was quiet for a long time and finally she said well that isn't true, a friend of the family who owned a small plane had offered to fly her to go visit some friends and meet them in Tahoe. She said she would not go and let them know why. My sister lived in another town, I didn't see her every day or really every month, she hadn't told anyone except her husband, there was no way for me to know any of it. I continued to have precognitive dreams when I moved out on my own but they stopped in the mid 90s and haven't had one since. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 4/17/2022 at 7:04 AM, TrumanB said:

You mean predicting stock prices? My intuition is spontaneous, I have no idea how to employ it when I want to and when it comes to finance. And besides, it's a pretty materialistic thing that you're suggesting. I don't think that it's given to me to get rich. Things are not that simple as they seem. We are given some karmic gifts but not for anything we want to. I have some feeling that in this life I won't get rich.

You’re just assuming that self made rich people can’t possibly have intuition because your psychic powers haven’t made you rich. 

3 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

You’re just assuming that self made rich people can’t possibly have intuition because your psychic powers haven’t made you rich. 

Nope. That's that what you're assuming that I'm assuming.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

Nope. That's that what you're assuming that I'm assuming.

You said it’s a pretty materialistic thing. 

5 hours ago, Unusual Tournament said:

You said it’s a pretty materialistic thing. 

It is. If they get rich based on their intuition good for them, they've been given with that gift from some karmic reasons. And besides, I just mentioned it in a certain context - that I don't have that kind of intuition.  Comment that I should use my intuition to get rich is pretty shallow.

• Like 1