Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Intuition - examples

TrumanB

6 hours ago, TrumanB said:

It is. If they get rich based on their intuition good for them, they've been given with that gift from some karmic reasons. And besides, I just mentioned it in a certain context - that I don't have that kind of intuition.  Comment that I should use my intuition to get rich is pretty shallow.

I’ve found intuition is not a tap you can fill your glass at will with. The universe gives you a sudden glimpse/awareness of something about to change. You don’t get to decide what that something is. For some I’d imagine it would benefit them with money, health, finding something etc. I never said to use your intuition to get rich. I said some people are naturally intuitive with money.

1 hour ago, Unusual Tournament said:

I’ve found intuition is not a tap you can fill your glass at will with. The universe gives you a sudden glimpse/awareness of something about to change. You don’t get to decide what that something is. For some I’d imagine it would benefit them with money, health, finding something etc. I never said to use your intuition to get rich. I said some people are naturally intuitive with money.

Agree. IMO that depends on karmic gifts that we are given in this life.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 3/24/2022 at 4:52 PM, TrumanB said:

Not really. I'd have intensive, almost obsessive, thoughts about one issue specifically and then got a call from customer regarding it. And I would not have thought about it for some period...

Anyway, I see this topic as a place where people give their own examples...

The notion about "intuition" is pretty much a portmanteau for a set of pre-cognitive abilities to experience approximative to nigh accurate foreknowledge of some outcome/s, pattern/s, action/s or course of events without seemingly prior insights on said matter/s. 

As @Timothy 's first answer posited one year earlier, everybody has, at times, a basic set of deductive abilities bordering on the edge of premonition-- or or, in another words, every baseline human being - whether you are a skeptical troll or a parapsychology afficionado or anything in between the spectrum of opposite viewpoints - has what some may qualifies as a low psychic potential.

Every once or twice within our lives, we were GREATLY p***ed off not to play the lottery and win the seven-figure grossing price that would propelled our lives to newest possibilities, because we get exactly all of the right numbers in the right order for once and could even feel this strange compelling impression "telling" us by less of an afterthought about what the nearby grocery store owner might says at any outcome.

Every once or twice, we had this one friend in high school who woke up overnight and knew exactly which ones of us was going to achieve success in life, which of our early sexual conquests or flirts amid the hot girls were going to gain weight like crazy, and which ones were dooming us to go to cry on his coffin in the next couple years prior reunion party with no rational explanation about why save a heartfelt hunch.

Every once or then within our lives, somebody had an epiphany.

Every once or then within our lives, we shunned away from crossing a certain street or back alley late in the middle of the night for absolutely no reason besides feeling an ominous chill on the back of our necks. Then woke up overnight, learning that somebody gets stabbed or violented at that exact same place.

The reasons might be simple. As an evolved mammal species, mankind developped over the span of a million years various survival mechanisms meant to guarantee the perennity of our genetic lineage, so that our ancestors could ran away and protect themselves safely from the fatal claw or bite of an apex predator or the fistful anger of a slighted rival.

It could be due to a piece of our mind or of reptilian cortex etched to our brain matter (whether your apprehension of the mind/mody theory is more spiritualistic in nature, bio-mechanical or evolutionary) processing and expecting semi-subconsciously a certain breadth of outcomes at a primal state, so that we may every few once and a while take advantage of said outcome or course of action.

However, your particular case seems to simply be classing itself up a notch above of the commonly shared domains of basic intuitive deductibility, automatic mind processing or gut feelings. You seem to possess a very low synesthesic (or "extrasensorial") propensity to portend, at times, the forthcoming presence of a few people. Their well-thought intent to communicate to or to visit you. Again, it doesn't necessarily means that you have some psychic abilities: simply that you are slightly above average in terms of potential.

There has a recurrent belief amid African and a fewer Afro-descendant populations, which affirms that when an individual speaks out loud about somebody else, the latter might caught oneself biting their own tongue, no matter how little or vast is the distance between them... it seems to me that your intuitive levels vastly mirrors this nigh-precognitive aptness. 

Edited by CuriousEye
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@CuriousEye Very skillfully written article. Do you think that abovementioned propensity can be developed? If yes, do you know any technique or anything of that sort?

I remember that at school in my sister's generation there was a girl who was able to foretell future. She told my sister what is she going to do in life, what will happen to her etc. She was right.  It's a real ability, just very rare.

Edited by TrumanB

28 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

I  remember that at school in my sister's generation there was a girl who was able to foretell future. She told my sister what is she going to do in life, what will happen to her etc. She was right.  It's a real ability, just very rare.

That's not predicting the future. It's putting ideas in people's heads. Thus creating (sadly) a self fulfilling prophecy. 

On 3/24/2022 at 8:12 PM, TrumanB said:

I want this topic to be a place where we will write about our own experiences with intuition. I have hundreds of them but let's start with most resent.

For the past 10 months I've been working as IT Help desk for one US corporation. Daily I receive dozens of calls. Some of the issues that we have to deal with are common, some come once in a blue moon. What is interesting is that very often (the last time it happened today) I have thoughts about some of the issues that we rarely receive just before it happens or early at the beginning of the shift. For example, today it got into my head that I should remind myself about workaround regarding one system that we receive a call about not that often and the last call I personally received was maybe about 3 months ago. And as usual, I did not listen to my intuition but literally the first call today was for that thing and it had to be raised as high priority with precise procedure to follow. This kind of stuff often happens to me when I'm doing night shift when we usually have only few calls per night. Often 30 minutes before the call regarding some problem that pops up seldom I have intensive thoughts about that one and guess what...

I have many other examples...Once I was walking in the street to go to the movies and I received intensive thought 'your phone will disappear'. During projection my cell phone dropped out of my pocket. When I realized that it's not there (right after I left cinema hall) it was too late. I went back to my seat but somebody already picked it up.

Also often before something happens or someone says something I receive a though about it. It can be literally that way or somewhat similar.

What are your examples of intuition?

If you want to develop psychic intuition its easy.

So we need to sensitise your mind. Can you hear a pin drop? Can you hear the ever so slightest noises in the environment around you. Have a go at doing it. Easy. Now you have to do it with your mind.

When you want to know something notice the very very first thing that pops in your mind even if it barely registers. That first thought, go with it.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

That's not predicting the future. It's putting ideas in people's heads. Thus creating (sadly) a self fulfilling prophecy. 

That's a highly overrated and overused term. You want become X because someone in the childhood told you so. You won't marry a person with this trait and that profession because some girl in your childhood told you that you will. 

5 minutes ago, TrumanB said:

That's a highly overrated and overused term. You want become X because someone in the childhood told you so. You won't marry a person with this trait and that profession because some girl in your childhood told you that you will. 

Ideas are very powerful especially if there is an emotional appeal. It's not a overrated or over used term. You just don't like what it implies. 

The reason people like "psychics" is because that want either a false sense of security or someone to basically tell them what to do. 

51 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

Ideas are very powerful especially if there is an emotional appeal. It's not a overrated or over used term. You just don't like what it implies. 

Not even close. Ideas are nothing without potential and and many other structures. Explaining everything with some self fulfilling prophecy concept is simplification.

8 hours ago, TrumanB said:

Not even close. Ideas are nothing without potential and and many other structures. Explaining everything with some self fulfilling prophecy concept is simplification.

And it's the correct answer.