Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Greek merchant mariner had UFO encounter in the Bermuda Triangle

UM-Bot

Bermuda triangle sounds like a guy takes his new gf on a vacation and runs into his ex who is also his gfs ex,

ill call it "devils triangle it has more zing.

Never has any insurance company or official service like navy or coast guard recognized this area as notorious or of any significance.

The OP story has no provanance and is another of countless 2nd party tales.

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 1

Really cool story. I think they are lucky to have gotten out alive.

• Haha 2

They're all mistaken.

The white object was a flock of hufflewumps that migrate through that area. The unusual glow was off car lights in Florida and the shine bouncing off the stratosphere. Youbca  tell because two rogue birds had broken off the main pack.

The loatvtwo hours and heavy arms... ouzo. Lots of ouzo.

And the story is surfacing because the marnier wants to taste freedom I'm America and needs money.

And of it's not those things, then it is either Venus or a weather balloon. Occams Razor leads me to think Venus although I ma a little sad that it can't be a weather balloon. 

2 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

They're all mistaken.

The white object was a flock of hufflewumps that migrate through that area. The unusual glow was off car lights in Florida and the shine bouncing off the stratosphere. Youbca  tell because two rogue birds had broken off the main pack.

The loatvtwo hours and heavy arms... ouzo. Lots of ouzo.

And the story is surfacing because the marnier wants to taste freedom I'm America and needs money.

And of it's not those things, then it is either Venus or a weather balloon. Occams Razor leads me to think Venus although I ma a little sad that it can't be a weather balloon. 

Or its just another story with zero supporting evidence.

Edited by the13bats
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, the13bats said:

Or its just another story with zero supporting evidence.

Maybe, but I'm going Venus.

Or a weather balloon driven my seagulls.

Or a cloud formation.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Maybe, but I'm going Venus.

Or a weather balloon driven my seagulls.

Or a cloud formation.

Problem is you have zero to support your claims not saying you but making claims with zero evidence seems to be the true believer go to.

Stories are always just stories only the gullible believe them.

2 hours ago, the13bats said:

Problem is you have zero to support your claims not saying you but making claims with zero evidence seems to be the true believer go to.

Stories are always just stories only the gullible believe them.

Yeah, it's why I like this area of the forum, contributors chipping in with theories of car lights, Venus, clouds, weather balloon, top secret aircraft... with no evidence on their part either, worse still, they weren't even there lol

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Yeah, it's why I like this area of the forum, contributors chipping in with theories of car lights, Venus, clouds, weather balloon, top secret aircraft... with no evidence on their part either, worse still, they weren't even there lol

So besides always having a moan about how others can debunk this sort of nonsense, what do you have? Or is being obtuse and snarky your only go-to position?

I get it that you're frustrated about how some posters can provide logical explanations for the ridiculousness others present or support

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

9 hours ago, Trelane said:

So besides always having a moan about how others can debunk this sort of nonsense, what do you have? Or is being obtuse and snarky your only go-to position?

I get it that you're frustrated about how some posters can provide logical explanations for the ridiculousness others present or support

You say that like I've got nothing.

I've got Venus. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

you-werent-there-man.jpg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Lets see..:sleepy:

Of countless "UFO" sightings and the countless ones that were well explained beyond doubt with supporting evidence on their part with no need to be there to be,

car lights, Venus, clouds, weather balloon, top secret aircraft...

And many other down to earth prosaic things not once has a UFO proven to be an alien craft.

Oh...then this gold....

12 hours ago, Trelane said:

^ what he said. :yes:

Edited by the13bats
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

you-werent-there-man.jpg

Which movie is that from? Given the helmet it would be a Vietnam War era movie, but I have no recollection of that freaky look :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

On 3/29/2022 at 6:24 AM, the13bats said:

Bermuda triangle sounds like a guy takes his new gf on a vacation and runs into his ex who is also his gfs ex,

ill call it "devils triangle it has more zing.

Never has any insurance company or official service like navy or coast guard recognized this area as notorious or of any significance.

The OP story has no provanance and is another of countless 2nd party tales.

Admittedly, when I was a kid I'd go to the library and borrow said book to read it, admittedly sucking it up. Later on, not so much. Turned out it was hogwash. But that is what the exposure to science does to one, I guess - being able to filter. Obviously, as you noted, if looking at the statistics there is simply no higher probability of have a ship sink (or airplanes disappearing) in the Bermuda Triangle than anywhere else. Without having even looked at it, I was say some Arctic and deep Atlantic Sea areas are probably much more prone to see losses at sea.

Cheers,

Badeskov 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

You say that like I've got nothing.

I've got Venus. 

:tu:

Thanks for validating my previous statement.

9 hours ago, badeskov said:

Which movie is that from? Given the helmet it would be a Vietnam War era movie, but I have no recollection of that freaky look :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

Tropic thunder,

thats iron man playing if im not mistaken a black man.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 10:50 AM, badeskov said:

Cheers,

Badeskov

Hi Bade

Tropic Thunder

• Thanks 1

On 3/31/2022 at 7:46 PM, the13bats said:

Tropic thunder,

thats iron man playing if im not mistaken a black man.

Indeed, Robert Downey Junior. I watched that movie years ago and the image did look familiar, I just couldn't place it :P

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

21 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

Hi Bade

Tropic Thunder

Indeed, thanks jm!

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1