Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Jan 6 DOJ investigation grows


Tiggs
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • The title was changed to The Jan 6 DOJ investigation grows
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Ali Alexander, a prominent organizer of pro-Trump events after the 2020 election, has agreed to cooperate with the Justice Department’s investigation of the attack on the Capitol last year, the first high-profile political figure known to have offered assistance to the government’s newly expanded criminal inquiry.

...

In an indication that the inquiry could reach into the Trump administration and its allies in Congress, the subpoena also seeks information about members of the executive and legislative branches who were involved in the events or who may have helped to obstruct the certification of the 2020 election.

Source: The New York Times (Paywall)
Alternate: Seattle Times 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

While I am peeved this is taking a while, I do understand that justice and getting a rock-solid case is one of those things that takes time. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Autochthon1990 said:

While I am peeved this is taking a while, I do understand that justice and getting a rock-solid case is one of those things that takes time. 

Dude, I’m genuinely surprised it’s still going ahead. I was certain they’d just SOP the whole thing and move. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

WASHINGTON — The Justice Department has asked the House committee investigating the Jan. 6 attack for transcripts of interviews it is conducting, which have included discussions with associates of former President Donald J. Trump, according to people with knowledge of the situation.

The move, coming as Attorney General Merrick B. Garland appears to be ramping up the pace of his painstaking investigation into the Capitol riot, is the clearest sign yet of a wide-ranging inquiry at the Justice Department.

The House committee has interviewed more than 1,000 people so far, and the transcripts could be used as evidence in potential criminal cases, to pursue new leads or as a baseline text for new interviews conducted by federal law enforcement officials.

Aides to Representative Bennie Thompson, Democrat of Mississippi and the chairman of the committee, have yet to reach a final agreement with the Justice Department on what will be turned over, according to a person with knowledge of the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the confidential nature of the investigations.

Source: The New York Times

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

The Jan. 6 select committee has heard testimony indicating that then-President Donald Trump — after rioters who swarmed the Capitol began chanting “hang Mike Pence” — expressed support for hanging his vice president, according to three people familiar with the matter.

The White House chief of staff at the time, Mark Meadows, was in the dining room off the Oval Office with Trump at one point during last year’s Capitol attack, the committee has been told. Meadows then left the dining room and informed other people nearby that Trump had signaled a positive view of the prospect of hanging the vice president, the panel heard.

Meadows’ account as it was described to the committee came after some members of the mob converging on the Capitol had broken into chants of “Hang Mike Pence!” Those chants were a reaction to Pence’s decision to accept electoral votes that indicated Joe Biden had won the presidency.


Source: Politico

Seems important.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Peter Navarro, who as a White House adviser to President Donald J. Trump worked to keep Mr. Trump in office after his defeat in the 2020 election, disclosed on Monday that he has been summoned to testify on Thursday to a federal grand jury and to provide prosecutors with any records he has related to the attack on the Capitol last year, including “any communications” with Mr. Trump.

The subpoena to Mr. Navarro — which he said the F.B.I. served at his house last week — seeks his testimony about materials related to the buildup to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, and signals that the Justice Department investigation may be progressing to include activities of people in the White House.

Source: The New York Times

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Tiggs said:

Peter Navarro, who as a White House adviser to President Donald J. Trump worked to keep Mr. Trump in office after his defeat in the 2020 election, disclosed on Monday that he has been summoned to testify on Thursday to a federal grand jury and to provide prosecutors with any records he has related to the attack on the Capitol last year, including “any communications” with Mr. Trump.

The subpoena to Mr. Navarro — which he said the F.B.I. served at his house last week — seeks his testimony about materials related to the buildup to the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol, and signals that the Justice Department investigation may be progressing to include activities of people in the White House.

Source: The New York Times

Navarro formally sues Jan. 6 committee, DOJ

Quote

Former Trump White House economic adviser Peter Navarro formally filed suit Tuesday against the Jan. 6 committee and the Department of Justice (DOJ) in a case where he will be acting as his own attorney.

Acting as his own attorney :w00t: ?!?!?!?  What could possibly go wrong

https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3507152-navarro-formally-sues-jan-6-committee-doj/

Edited by OverSword
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
On 6/1/2022 at 1:18 AM, OverSword said:

Acting as his own attorney :w00t: ?!?!?!?  What could possibly go wrong

Quite a bit, apparently.

WASHINGTON – Former White House advisor Peter K. Navarro has been indicted by a federal grand jury on two counts of contempt of Congress stemming from his failure to comply with a subpoena issued by the House Select Committee investigating the Jan. 6 breach of the United States Capitol.

Navarro, 72, is charged with one contempt count involving his refusal to appear for a deposition and another involving his refusal to produce documents, despite a subpoena from the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol. The indictment was returned yesterday and unsealed today. Navarro is to make his initial appearance this afternoon in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.

Source: DOJ

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

U.S. federal agents delivered grand jury subpoenas on Wednesday to several people as part of a probe into efforts by ex-President Donald Trump and his supporters to overturn the result of the 2020 election, the Washington Post and the New York Times reported.

The Justice Department is investigating a plan by Trump and his supporters to submit alternative slates of state electors to reverse President Joe Biden's victory in the presidential election.

The Post and the Times reported subpoenas were handed to Brad Carver, a Georgia Republican Party official, and Thomas Lane, an official who worked on behalf of Trump's campaign in Arizona and New Mexico.

The Post said Georgia Republican Party Chairman David Shafer also received a subpoena. The Times reported that Sean Flynn, a Trump campaign aide in Michigan, was subpoenaed.

Source: Reuters

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/31/2022 at 6:18 PM, OverSword said:

Acting as his own attorney :w00t: ?!?!?!?  What could possibly go wrong

'Tis said that one who acts as his own attorney has a fool for a client.

Doug

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

Law enforcement officials on Wednesday searched the Virginia home of former top Justice Department official Jeffrey Clark, according to his employer and former Trump administration colleague.

Russ Vought, who served as former President Donald Trump’s White House budget director and now works with Clark at the Center for Renewing America, tweeted that “more than a dozen DOJ law enforcement officials searched Jeff Clark’s house in a pre dawn raid, put him in the streets in his pjs, and took his electronic devices.” A spokesperson for the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Washington stated only that law enforcement recently engaged in “activity” in the vicinity of Clark’s home.

That office is leading investigations related to the Capitol attack on Jan. 6, 2021, although the spokesperson declined to link the activity to any individual or probe.


Source: Politico

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

John Eastman, the attorney who developed Donald Trump’s last-ditch strategy to seize a second term, said in court Monday that he had his phone seized by federal agents last week.

In a court filing in federal court in New Mexico, Eastman indicated he was confronted by agents when leaving a restaurant. He’s moving for a judge to order his phone returned.

“The federal agents identified themselves as FBI agents, but they appeared to be executing a warrant issued at the behest of the Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General,” Eastman’s lawyer, Charles Burnham, wrote in the 13-page filing.

Eastman accompanied the filing with a copy of the search warrant, authorized by a federal magistrate judge in Albuquerque.

Source: Politico

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We needed a fresh thread on this subject. Thanks ....

What value is a Constitution, which will not or cannot stand up to despots like this? 

If all of these corrupt officials, who were involved in this obvious conspiracy, don't go to jail; then the republic is doomed.

What saddens me the most, is that they got as far as they did, with no fear of The People.

What kind of monsters were these?  Dangerous?  

The Most Dangerous Man in America - Part 2

 17th February 2014, 05:53 PM

This forecast has yet to come true, but when it does, something, which is now hidden from plain sight will be revealed in a very big way."
 

Note: This post references an original UM linked post.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Boy , what a guy that trump is -------------------In the backstage area of Trump’s rally held on Jan. 6, Hutchinson overheard Trump tell staff that he didn’t care whether people had weapons, to let them into the rally area because “they’re not here to hurt me.”

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Tiggs said:

John Eastman, the attorney who developed Donald Trump’s last-ditch strategy to seize a second term, said in court Monday that he had his phone seized by federal agents last week.

In a court filing in federal court in New Mexico, Eastman indicated he was confronted by agents when leaving a restaurant. He’s moving for a judge to order his phone returned.

“The federal agents identified themselves as FBI agents, but they appeared to be executing a warrant issued at the behest of the Department of Justice’s Office of the Inspector General,” Eastman’s lawyer, Charles Burnham, wrote in the 13-page filing.

Eastman accompanied the filing with a copy of the search warrant, authorized by a federal magistrate judge in Albuquerque.

Source: Politico

What was he doing in Albuquerque?  Is he one of those silly people who thinks New Mexico is a different country and never wondered why he could fly in to Albuquerque without a passport?   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

At first i thought this wouldnt go anywhere and that trump walks between the raindrops.

After what i saw the last few weeks epic blows to trump i now am considering this is all about timing, trump will never go to "jail" but any chance for him in 2024 is done over

And he will spend the rest of his days in trouble.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just realized what a boost to trumps go fund me this could be made into, he still has some ignorant enough to follow him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

The former chief of staff to Vice President Mike Pence appeared last week before a federal grand jury investigating the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol, sources familiar with the matter told ABC News.

Marc Short was caught by an ABC News camera departing D.C. District Court on Friday alongside his attorney, Emmet Flood.

Short appeared under subpoena, sources said.

Source: ABC

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

The Justice Department is investigating President Donald Trump’s actions as part of its criminal probe of efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, according to four people familiar with the matter.

Prosecutors who are questioning witnesses before a grand jury — including two top aides to Vice President Mike Pence — have asked in recent days about conversations with Trump, his lawyers, and others in his inner circle who sought to substitute Trump allies for certified electors from some states Joe Biden won, according to two people familiar with the matter. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The prosecutors have asked hours of detailed questions about meetings Trump led in December 2020 and January 2021; his pressure campaign on Pence to overturn the election; and what instructions Trump gave his lawyers and advisers about fake electors and sending electors back to the states, the people said. Some of the questions focused directly on the extent of Trump’s involvement in the fake-elector effort led by his outside lawyers, including John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani, these people said.

Source: Washington Post

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Tiggs said:

The Justice Department is investigating President Donald Trump’s actions as part of its criminal probe of efforts to overturn the 2020 election results, according to four people familiar with the matter.

Prosecutors who are questioning witnesses before a grand jury — including two top aides to Vice President Mike Pence — have asked in recent days about conversations with Trump, his lawyers, and others in his inner circle who sought to substitute Trump allies for certified electors from some states Joe Biden won, according to two people familiar with the matter. Both spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss an ongoing investigation.

The prosecutors have asked hours of detailed questions about meetings Trump led in December 2020 and January 2021; his pressure campaign on Pence to overturn the election; and what instructions Trump gave his lawyers and advisers about fake electors and sending electors back to the states, the people said. Some of the questions focused directly on the extent of Trump’s involvement in the fake-elector effort led by his outside lawyers, including John Eastman and Rudy Giuliani, these people said.

Source: Washington Post

If he works like other executives, Pence's chief of staff will be the gatekeeper for all of those meetings and phone calls.  His lawyer will be sitting in on all of the calls and meetings too.   What Mike Pence knows, these guys probably know.  I am guessing Pence doesn't want to go as anti-Trump as testifying himself.  His staff can answer the subpoenas and tell the story from Mike Pence's view.  He can stay modest as his staff call him a hero.  Seems like they might have spilled the beans on Trump's involvement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (IP: Staff) ·

A former federal prosecutor with multiple Trump world clients is now representing the former president in talks with the Justice Department, according to three people with knowledge of the situation.

John Rowley, of the eponymous law firm JPRowley Law PLLC, has been involved in communications with DOJ on Trump’s behalf about executive privilege issues related to the department’s ongoing probe of the Jan. 6 attack.

Source: Politico

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, el midgetron said:

 

 

 

 

 

I wouldn't expect public opinion to change that much in just a ten day period.

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.