Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon files reveal UFO 'radiation burns' and 'unexpected pregnancies'

43 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

A cache of 1,500 declassified documents has revealed a wide range of symptoms from UFO experiencers.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/356757/pentagon-files-reveal-ufo-radiation-burns-and-unexpected-pregnancies

Label me a believer. Way too many cases with too much quality for me to believe they can all be explained away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Label me a believer. Way too many cases with too much quality for me to believe they can all be explained away.

You  and other believers rely on the residue. This idea is called residualization. If a pile of excrement is large enough you stand back and say that pile is so large it can't all be manure. That pile is so big that there must be gems or other treasure in there. No. It can all be manure.

You see this idea with crop circles. No one wants to point out that special crop circle, but they believe they exist. You see this with bigfoot and ghost reports. You see this with UFO reports.

Stop imaging that residualization means that a residue exists. Show us the residue. In other words, skip over the manure and show us the gem stones.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

You  and other believers rely on the residue. This idea is called residualization. If a pile of excrement is large enough you stand back and say that pile is so large it can't all be manure. That pile is so big that there must be gems or other treasure in there. No. It can all be manure.

You see this idea with crop circles. No one wants to point out that special crop circle, but they believe they exist. You see this with bigfoot and ghost reports. You see this with UFO reports.

Stop imaging that residualization means that a residue exists. Show us the residue. In other words, skip over the manure and show us the gem stones.

I don't think the quality and consistency of  claims on all those above subjects are fairly analogous to a pile of manure.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Look at this from the OP link:

Among these 300 cases were instances of unexplained radiation burns caused by some form of "energy related propulsion system."

Where did this ding dong comment come from? Why would a propulsion system be mentioned? Obviously, this is a comment which makes the source a loony.

Individuals believed to have strayed too close to the "anomalous vehicles" also suffered from brain damage, nerve damage, headaches and heart palpitations.

Where is the evidence? This can be determined and verified.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I don't think the quality and consistency of  claims on all those above subjects are fairly analogous to a pile of manure.

Actually they are. Please try and show any quality and any consistency.

I know you can't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Here is more horse pucky mentioned in the OP.

There were also references to telepathic communication, alien abduction, levitation and teleportation.

As soon as anyone mentions aliens out comes the idea of telepathic communication yet that has never ever been shown to exist.

It's all telling us about TV shows that people have seen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Actually they are. Please try and show any quality and any consistency.

I know you can't.

Radiation burns? Seems pretty hard to imagine they are 'just lies and imagination'. These can be determined physically by medical professionals. I can't imagine someone intentionally exposing themselves to radiation.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Radiation burns? Seems pretty hard to imagine they are 'just lies and imagination'. These can be determined physically by medical professionals. I can't imagine someone intentionally exposing themselves to radiation.

A sun burn is a radiation burn.

My question was why would they attribute it to a propulsion system. That's right to make up stupid crap.

Please try and show any quality and any consistency.

I know you can't. And you made no effort as all can see.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, stereologist said:

A sun burn is a radiation burn.

My question was why would they attribute it to a propulsion system. That's right to make up stupid crap.

Please try and show any quality and any consistency.

I know you can't. And you made no effort as all can see.

I think these people are intelligent enough and familiar with sunburns as are doctors. And these things are happening in conjunction with UAP sightings. I mean you can be negative forever but you might start to look desperately negative.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I agree, so were there really radiation burns or were they just made up for the article?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I agree, so were there really radiation burns or were they just made up for the article?

Made up for the article?? 300 cases.

I have heard enough detailed discussions over the years of individual cases. 

You must be suggesting a conspiracy of proportions I don't find reasonable (to put it conservatively),

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

I think these people are intelligent enough and familiar with sunburns as are doctors. And these things are happening in conjunction with UAP sightings. I mean you can be negative forever but you might start to look desperately negative.

How did you determine these were intelligent people? And why do you think intelligent people can't be fooled?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Made up for the article?? 300 cases.

I have heard enough detailed discussions over the years of individual cases. 

You must be suggesting a conspiracy of proportions I don't find reasonable (to put it conservatively),

It says, "Among those three hundred cases were instances...."    I can't find a number like 200, or 20 or 2.   It does not claim that all three hundred experienced those symptoms.  You could truthfully claim that two cases fills the bill for "among".  It doesn't take a conspiracy, just a little speculation and exaggeration from the author.

• Like 5

"One report, which looked into UFO sightings collected by MUFON, recorded additional symptoms ranging from paralysis to "unexpected pregnancy.""

Please note that this unexpected pregancy was collected by MUFON not an independent and impartial source.  I would consider this the equivalent of hearsay, or a secondary source.  There can be multiple reasons why a woman could have an 'unexpected pregancy' and most if not all have zero to do with aliens.

• Like 1

Just now, papageorge1 said:

I think these people are intelligent enough and familiar with sunburns as are doctors

you've no idea if "these people" actually exist... You're doing nothing more than believing what you're told & desperately trying to rebut logical replies that question how you feel about something! If nothing more; it's entertaining to watch- please carry on

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

No quality, no consistency. Nothing.

• Like 4

Pentagon files reveal UFO 'radiation burns' and 'unexpected pregnancies'.....

Sounds like a typical payday weekend in the barracks. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

How did you determine these were intelligent people? And why do you think intelligent people can't be fooled?

Interviews, narratives, researchers, multiple witnesses, common sense from the quantity, etcetera. Lack of intelligence can't cause medically recognized radiation burns.

Edited by papageorge1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

It says, "Among those three hundred cases were instances...."    I can't find a number like 200, or 20 or 2.   It does not claim that all three hundred experienced those symptoms.  You could truthfully claim that two cases fills the bill for "among".  It doesn't take a conspiracy, just a little speculation and exaggeration from the author.

Nobody's claiming an exact number can be determined but over the decades I personally heard enough stories. My belief does not begin in this least from this one light article.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Nobody's claiming an exact number can be determined but over the decades I personally heard enough stories. My belief does not begin in this least from this one light article.

Have you heard of unicorns and fairies? Do you believe those stories as well? Don't answer right away, I want you to think about it carefully before you answer.

Your belief is irrelevant in the bright shining light of facts, reason, and reality.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Do you have anything at all to support your position? I am certain that you have noting at all.

Here you pretend that doctors were involved. Can you offer any evidence? Of course not because all you do is make things up

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Interviews, narratives, researchers, multiple witnesses, common sense from the quantity, etcetera.

So "multiple witnesses" and "common sense" somehow proves intelligence? I don't follow this.

3 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Lack of intelligence can't cause medically recognized radiation burns.

But it can cause burns from other sources to be misdiagnosed as radiation burns. And as stereologist said, a sunburn is a radiation burn. In fact if you go through a list of nuclear accidents you'll find that "sunburn" is one of the things victims experienced.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Dejarma said:

you've no idea if "these people" actually exist... You're doing nothing more than believing what you're told & desperately trying to rebut logical replies that question how you feel about something! If nothing more; it's entertaining to watch- please carry on

Actually, I find the usual irrationally strong resistance to paranormal, cryptozoological, alien and etcetera to be a psychological phenomena in itself worthy of my further interest.

Certainly reasonable skeptical challenging of evidence is to be encouraged though.

• Like 1