Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pentagon files reveal UFO 'radiation burns' and 'unexpected pregnancies'

Just now, papageorge1 said:

Probably something, but nothing jumps out. An alleged faking does not equate to faking in my mind.

If you can't name one single disproved case in the history of UFOlogy then you really don't know much about the subject. The field is full of them.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

If you can't name one single disproved case in the history of UFOlogy then you really don't know much about the subject. The field is full of them.

Ain't that the truth.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

4 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

0%

0%

So, in those instances the quality and consistency of those stories you disregard? Interesting.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

In my case it is the evidence that produced the belief.

No evidence was presented so it is just your irrational blatherings and lack of thinking

• Like 3

I'm always listening to all sides and considering fairly. 

No. You don't listen and you side with stupidity. You could choose to learn , but so far you have not

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Probably something, but nothing jumps out. An alleged faking does not equate to faking in my mind.

So how about the Belgium flap? Ever heard of that? The infamous triangle photo and the perpetrator even came forward showing how he did it. That is just one out of many. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, badeskov said:

So how about the Belgium flap? Ever heard of that? The infamous triangle photo and the perpetrator even came forward showing how he did it. That is just one out of many. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

For me, the question is ‘are all of these scams?’. My answer is ‘No’. Only a small minority are scams.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

For me, the question is ‘are all of these scams?’. My answer is ‘No’. Only a small minority are scams.

And again you are wrong.

Have you ever considered following the evidence? Never.

Have you ever considered logic,  and reason? Never.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

That depends on what you mean by "scam". Most of the fake UFO cases I've read about over the decades were probably not intended to be money-making schemes. Yes, a few like Adamski and Meier ending up making millions but most were done by people who spent very little time making up their story, faking a photo and maybe faking some evidence to get some attention. Good examples of those cases are Paul Trent in 1950 and Rex Heflin in 1965. Those people hoaxed a UFO sighting just enjoyed fooling gullible people who can't believe someone would make up a hoax for no good reason.

You know those people, don't you Papa?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, astrobeing said:

You know those people, don't you Papa?

Even if there's a small minority of liars, that's not important to me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badeskov said:

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 1

This is an unexplained mystery website.

I can't believe the naysayers attitude to Papa.

If you don't believe, fine. Move along. There is zero need for anyone here to argue their way to being "right" by picking out little sentences from the Sun newspaper that does proper research but reduces everything to the fewest words possible for its readership - if you want a white paper, peer reviewed then you will be disappointed (or ticked up in smug righteousness probably more like it).

On an unexplained mystery site, the big question for me is how the hell 300 people got unexplained radiation burns ( and if you're thinking 'sunburn' rght now, grow up or get to school with your classmates, you don't wanna be late).

Explore the argument,  not have meaningless digs at a poster.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

If you don't believe, fine. Move along. There is zero need for anyone here to argue their way to being "right" by picking out little sentences from the Sun newspaper that does proper research but reduces everything to the fewest words possible for its readership - if you want a white paper, peer reviewed then you will be disappointed (or ticked up in smug righteousness probably more like it).

On an unexplained mystery site, the big question for me is how the hell 300 people got unexplained radiation burns ( and if you're thinking 'sunburn' rght now, grow up or get to school with your classmates, you don't wanna be late).

Of course you can't believe it. You post similar stuff. Utter nonsense. It's not like PG has to open every thread with what he believes. Everyone knows what to expect from his posting. Not much.

Which brings us to the source. You seem to have missed Astros synopsis. The article is vague and lacking in detail. It's basically a camp fire story. 300 people have what sort of burns? Where? To what degree? Under what conditions?

UFOlogy relies upon vagueness to create an sir of mystery. Most aren't sucked in by such sorry arguments hence the replies. This is the real world remember. 

Go and outline what is compelling if you want to change direction. Chastising posters just makes people want to go against your suggestions. 

Relegation to aliens is plain silly. Why not goddidit. Just as well evidenced.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Of course you can't believe it. You post similar stuff. Utter nonsense. It's not like PG has to open every thread with what he believes. Everyone knows what to expect from his posting. Not much.

Which brings us to the source. You seem to have missed Astros synopsis. The article is vague and lacking in detail. It's basically a camp fire story. 300 people have what sort of burns? Where? To what degree? Under what conditions?

UFOlogy relies upon vagueness to create an sir of mystery. Most aren't sucked in by such sorry arguments hence the replies. This is the real world remember. 

Go and outline what is compelling if you want to change direction. Chastising posters just makes people want to go against your suggestions. 

Relegation to aliens is plain silly. Why not goddidit. Just as well evidenced.

Oh, we should all just move along then?

Can you just pop the articles I should read around 300 incidents of radiation burns in everyday life on this thread?

Sorry to all other readers this isn't a mystery, it's been solved... I'm sure the relevant articles will be posted soon. Gonna have to find another mystery.

29 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Just to clarify the above, the Live Science link in OP said:

The report describes 42 cases from medical files and 300 "unpublished" cases where humans sustained injuries after alleged encounters with "anomalous vehicles," which include UFOs. In some cases, humans showed burn injuries or other conditions related to electromagnetic radiation, the report said — some of them appearing to have been inflicted by "energy related propulsion systems."

So some of the 300 cases, not 300 cases of radiation burns.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Timothy said:

Just to clarify the above, the Live Science link in OP said:

The report describes 42 cases from medical files and 300 "unpublished" cases where humans sustained injuries after alleged encounters with "anomalous vehicles," which include UFOs. In some cases, humans showed burn injuries or other conditions related to electromagnetic radiation, the report said — some of them appearing to have been inflicted by "energy related propulsion systems."

So some of the 300 cases, not 300 cases of radiation burns.

For crying out loud.

Let me make it even easy, just randomly point to an article were 50 people got (non-sunburn) radiation burns whilst reporting similar circumstances. Does that help make it easier? If not, pick any digit number of burns occurring naturally shortly after contact with an anomalous vehicle.

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

Oh, we should all just move along then?

Why not? Do we need to be reminded every thread that certain posters lap up nonsense? 

Can you just pop the articles I should read around 300 incidents of radiation burns in everyday life on this thread?

It would at least he something to read wouldn't it. Not vague assertions with zero substance. 

Sorry to all other readers this isn't a mystery, it's been solved... I'm sure the relevant articles will be posted soon. Gonna have to find another mystery.

What mystery? That 300 people tell anecdotes in which some claim to have received burns? 

What else is there to work with? The author is a dummy don't you think? It's an empty fluff piece. The only mystery is how a vague fluff opinion piece is a mystery. 

UFO anecdotes are dime a dozen. Big deal. Some people want to pretend they see aliens. Meh. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The request was filed by UK tabloid 'The Sun' and took over four years to be fulfilled.

According to the paper, the files include dozens of reports on the biological effects and injuries experienced by individuals who had encountered UFOs (or "anomalous vehicles").

"According to a tabloid" lets get real.

Sure , ill take a tabloids word for it.

Why the jump from an alleged burn to it must be a propulsion system?

Betty cash trying to profit made all kinds of claims of health issues stemming from her alleged sighting and 100% was explained by known conditions she had or known common issues that zero to do with ET.  

The flatwoods monster case one alien believer started off on these witnesses all suffered some dying from repertory cancers related to this alleged reptile alien farting on them.

What the investigator conveniently forgot to mention all the folks who had cancers also were heavy smokers from youth until death in their later years, smoking is proven to cause cancer but not once has it been proven an alien gave a person a non early illness.

This is nothing more than a cheesy taboid story to sell papers to the very credulous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

For crying out loud.

Let me make it even easy, just randomly point to an article were 50 people got (non-sunburn) radiation burns whilst reporting similar circumstances. Does that help make it easier? If not, pick any digit number of burns occurring naturally shortly after contact with an anomalous vehicle.

You said to ‘Explore the argument,  not have meaningless digs at a poster.

I explored the argument, the argument which you miscomprehended. 

I literally did what you asked.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

We are exploring the argument. Your post sounds like a call for censorship.

Unexplained radiation burns is not the issue had you taken the time to read anything. It specifically assigns those burns to a propulsion system. I also pointed out that a sunburn is a radiation burn. So grow up, read, and comprehend that no one here has assigned sunburn to any of the radiation burns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, OpenMindedSceptic said:

For crying out loud.

You seem very upset and im not sure why,

This whole thread is misleading imnsho,

You see we are being given the 2nd hand info thru a tabloid,

Can you present me not 50 not 25 but one case where it was proven a human received radiation burns after contact with a ( alien or non human ) propulsion system,

Of course you have to prove the person has radiation burns, and where they came from,

More than just a story.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

You can't even name a single debunked case so I have no doubt that you believe these liars.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, astrobeing said:

You can't even name a single debunked case so I have no doubt that you believe these liars.

PapaG is a tough one, he said my laser pointer pictures "could" still be paranormal and last i saw he still believes the fraud of alien mummies isnt a fraud but real aliens and jamie mussan isnt a charlatan.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, the13bats said:

PapaG is a tough one, he said my laser pointer pictures "could" still be paranormal and last i saw he still believes the fraud of alien mummies isnt a fraud but real aliens and jamie mussan isnt a charlatan.

I hope he hasn't wired any money to Nigeria princes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Look lady, the whole 'I was impregnated by a visitor from the heavens' only worked one time and now we have rules about buying liquor on Sundays as a consequence. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2