Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mummified dinosaur leg from the end-Cretaceous extinction

Carnoferox

"Alright, so we were going to do an open showing so the public could have a look at this, but when crowds showed up with barbecue sauce, napkins, and bibs with the Jurassic park logo on it, we decided it was time to send it off to the Smithsonian"

• Haha 7

From the OP's link:

The BBC has spent three years filming at Tanis for a show to be broadcast on 15 April, narrated by Sir David Attenborough.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m0016djt

Great! I'll look out for that.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Something I find very amazing is that apparently if the dinosaurs did not "disappear" humans would not even exist because they would have eaten all the progenitors of the human race.

They (the carnivore variety) apparently we're the apex predators of their time with a voracious appetite.

God bless the asteroid.

• Like 1

Watched the above mentioned documentary last night. Very interesting and with CGI brought it all to life.
  • Like 1

Fascinating find, although I'm sceptical to the claim that it would be from the day of the asteroid impact.

3 hours ago, Susanc241 said:

Watched the above mentioned documentary last night. Very interesting and with CGI brought it all to life.

I watched it too and really enjoyed it. Lots of interesting information, quite fascinating really. I recommend it to anyone who's able to watch it.

12 hours ago, fred_mc said:

Fascinating find, although I'm sceptical to the claim that it would be from the day of the asteroid impact.

Day of impact plus or minus 10^6 years.