Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Couple capture 'haunted' doll moving at night

Eldorado

A husband and wife have revealed footage of a 'haunted' doll moving on its own in the dead of night - with people claiming its the 'ghost of a child playing with it'. Lee and Linzi Steer collect spooky dolls but claim this one is a 'mystery' that was sent to them with no note explaining its background - leaving the duo uncertain what could be lurking in its history.

The couple were stunned to return to their haunted objects museum in Rotherham last Friday to find the donated Victorian doll had inexplicably moved positions on its shelf. Lee, 36, claims the 'baffling' CCTV footage shows the toy slowly lean forward in a controlled motion before its head tilts slightly - even suggesting claiming he has never seen anything like it in 20 years as a real-life ghost hunter.

https://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/couple-capture-haunted-doll-moving-6915668

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These people again? They’re the ones who claim they caught a ghost in a photograph but it turns out it was just a mannequin in the room. They don’t even know what’s in the room with them so how would they know if the way the doll was positioned “defies gravity”?

Edited by SecretSanta
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

These "haunted dolls" always lean and fall. They never get lifted up and moved. :huh:  (Not on camera, anyway)

• Like 2

Sounds like interest in their spooky museum has waned and they need a bit of free promo.

• Like 2

From a paranormal angle psychokinesis can cause inanimate objects to move. This case I believe is not genuine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, openozy said:

From a paranormal angle psychokinesis can cause inanimate objects to move. This case I believe is not genuine.

I wish just once we had documented proof, lets face it if it was going on we really should have proof cams are everywhere.

And then we get a case like this one where people desire attention for profit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, the13bats said:
3 hours ago, openozy said:

I wish just once we had documented proof, lets face it if it was going on we really should have proof cams are everywhere.

I don't want to get into it but I've seen a knife thrown at someone from this. I wrote about it a while back. As far as I'm concerned it's a real phenomenon.

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, openozy said:

I don't want to get into it but I've seen a knife thrown at someone from this. I wrote about it a while back. As far as I'm concerned it's a real phenomenon.

And here we go again :rolleyes:

You have a story thats all and think about it for a moment 1000s of people for decades have told such stories and not once has it been proven, and now with cams etc everywhere if it were really happening we wouldn't have cheesy videos like in this thread but very good proof and we dont.

19 minutes ago, the13bats said:

And here we go again :rolleyes:

You have a story thats all and think about it for a moment 1000s of people for decades have told such stories and not once has it been proven, and now with cams etc everywhere if it were really happening we wouldn't have cheesy videos like in this thread but very good proof and we dont.

It's not common and only happens under extreme circumstances. It's not a magic trick you can perform when needed. When it does occur people aren't ready with a phone or camera. I have no video evidence but it was witnessed by four sober people including myself. It's a story with four witnesses that's all I'm saying on it.:tu:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, openozy said:

It's not common and only happens under extreme circumstances. It's not a magic trick you can perform when needed. When it does occur people aren't ready with a phone or camera. I have no video evidence but it was witnessed by four sober people including myself. It's a story with four witnesses that's all I'm saying on it.:tu:

But all we have here is your story, and while you say you guys didnt have your phones cams ready that reason wont wash as time passes, far too many make these claims and far too many cams in the world now if its really happening before long there will be proof thats its not just in the minds of the believers.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, the13bats said:

But all we have here is your story, and while you say you guys didnt have your phones cams ready that reason wont wash as time passes, far too many make these claims and far too many cams in the world now if its really happening before long there will be proof thats its not just in the minds of the believers.

Maybe but I have a strong belief that things paranormal can't be captured on camera. It's not a cop out, I've always believed this and I'm yet to see one ghost or paranormal pic I feel is real. That's one thing we both agree on, lol.

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, openozy said:

Maybe but I have a strong belief that things paranormal can't be captured on camera. It's not a cop out, I've always believed this and I'm yet to see one ghost or paranormal pic I feel is real. That's one thing we both agree on, lol.

Yes, i agree on things like ghosts if they did exist would not be photogenic but it doesnt wash with the claims of a real object like a knife or doll flying thru the room.

Thats a real object subject to physics and it very much could be photographed...flying they never are, with so many claims they should be.

• Like 1

This video did not seem impressive to me. Gravity and settling looks like a solid possibility.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We can't see the bottom of the doll. My guess is that someone is manipulating it from there.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I don't think there's anything supernatural captured about a doll naturally moving forward from joint movements and gravity.

Edited by P.S