Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Brown University - How Many Civilians Were Killed in the War on Terror?

Raptor Witness

The up close and personal view of civilian deaths in the Russian-Ukrainian conflict, is in stark contrast to the disinfected view that most Americans received from the War on Terror in Afghanistan, Iraq and Syria.

Lest we forget, civilian deaths were massive; in large part due to the duration of those conflicts.

If you’re a math major, wanting an Ivy League education, Brown University is one of the best places on Earth that you can go.

So I think it’s fair to say that a study they published on September 1, 2021, can be taken with more than a grain of salt. Entitled the Cost of War Project, it received virtually no mainstream media attention; likely because of the War on the Coronavirus, raging across our Homeland.

Here are the statistics, and it’s about 363,000 innocent civilians:

How Many Civilians Were Killed in the War on Terror? - https://watson.brown.edu/costsofwar/figures/2021/WarDeathToll

Source

So before you imagine that Vladimir Putin is any different than your precision guided, American heroes, think again …

The documentary Body of War also bears witness to the identical type of deception, perpetuated by the American government and media, as we are seeing in Russia. 

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• The title was changed to Brown University - How Many Civilians Were Killed in the War on Terror?

What does that civilian count represent? Who killed them? In Afghanistan it was primarily the American enemy, the Taliban. Collateral unintentional killing of civilians unfortunately can be expected in any war. It's the intentional targeting of innocent civilians as the Russians are being accused of in Ukraine that is the great moral wrong and war crime

From Wikipedia:

According to The United Nations Assistance Mission in Afghanistan (UNAMA), the majority of civilian casualties were attributed to the Taliban and other anti-government elements each year, with the figure ranging from 61% to 80% depending on the year.[4][5][6][7][8] Civilian deaths were higher in the latter part of the war, with 2015 and 2016 both consecutively breaking the record of annual civilian deaths.[9]

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

It's the intentional targeting of innocent civilians as the Russians are being accused of in Ukraine that is the great moral wrong and war crime

The problem is, anyone who dared to leak the truth to the American public, about the War on Terror, likely ended up in jail.

It’s really the same deal, especially when the conflict lasts for decades.

Do we really need to revisit Vietnam, which is the last conflict where the American public actually saw and heard the truth?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Raptor Witness said:

The problem is, anyone who dared to leak the truth to the American public, about the War on Terror, likely ended up in jail.

Do we really need to revisit Vietnam, which is the last conflict where the American public actually saw and heard the truth?

I see your quite anti-American as I suspected. I happen to hear critics and proponents all the time in America and nobody lands in jail.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, papageorge1 said:

I see your quite anti-American as I suspected.

Without Truth in war, there is no collective conscience. Without a collective conscience, there is no America worth dying for.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Without Truth in war, there is no collective conscience. Without a collective conscience, there is no America worth dying for.

I’m all for Truth but I’m not sure what your point is.

Russia may yet, split NATO, when energy prices spike in Europe, and their people come unglued as a result. Couple that with Russian nationalism, which is growing by the day, and you have a tinder box.

This was Putin’s plan all along. He knew he could win the propaganda war, and to assume he has misjudged his level of control, despite any sanctions, is to forget Stalin’s ruthless reign.

Time is on Russia’s side, because they have China helping them economically. It’s enough of a lifeline to keep Putin in power.

The only way NATO can help Ukraine now, is to take on China and Russia, collectively. That can’t happen due to China’s integration in the world economy. China is like a giant octopus, and they are just as ruthless as Russia.

One solution is to be willing to stop China, but that means a certain Depression in the West, with the political consequences. The dictatorships can hold out longer, and they know this.

The United States looked vulnerable as a result of the January 6th insurrection, and that was the correct assessment. So whoever allowed that to happen is no friend or patriot, but a real enemy.

If the Mid Term elections go poorly for the Democrats, it will be seen as further weakness, and again, it will be the correct assessment.

My solution would be to risk a war with Russia, now, and join the conflict in Ukraine.

This would likely require a provocation, or a false flag operation, to ignite Western nationalism, which would be a deception. However, this will likely backfire. So there must be another way.

I’m expecting some sort of volcanic or perhaps even a meteoric event, to push both East and West towards a conflict. anyway. Knowing this in advance, may prove useful to the West. In other words, don’t wait, just assume it’s highly likely. This chill on Earth wIll likely also lead to a land grab in the Middle East. 

If Cascadia ruptures, which is also a real possibility, the West Coast ports in the U.S. could be crippled for years. I would plan for a worst case scenario; there, now, in advance.

I would encourage and allow Iraq to join NATO, and position western troops there, now, as a clear message.

Russia and China are now acting as a single threat, so let them both miscalculate. Assume that a war with Russia is unavoidable, and force their hand. Put the East in the hot seat, and then embrace China as the wiser alternative to Russia.

I don’t see a nuclear conflict, as likely, unless Russian soil is actually violated directly by NATO, and I’m not counting any part of Ukraine in this assessment, including Crimea.

Call Putin’s move ….

Edited by Raptor Witness

15 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

What? Could you please name one person in jail over this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raptor Witness said:

The United States looked vulnerable as a result of the January 6th insurrection, and that was the correct assessment. So whoever allowed that to happen is no friend or patriot, but a real enemy.

If the Mid Term elections go poorly for the Democrats, it will be seen as further weakness, and again, it will be the correct assessment.

I disagree with both of these.   I don't think the Jan 6th event made the USA look vulnerable.   I didn't support it but it was squashed fairly quickly.

I also do not think Democrat losses in an election shows weakness either.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Myles said:

I disagree with both of these.   I don't think the Jan 6th event made the USA look vulnerable.   I didn't support it but it was squashed fairly quickly.

I also do not think Democrat losses in an election shows weakness either.  

Are you kidding? Jan 6th absolutely changed world perception of the US. You had insurrection in your capital - violent maniacs who broke into your seat of government with the intention of not only overturning an election, but killing Democrats and Pence.

How can people like yourself so easily brush this off as if it was nothing. It’s delusional. This was massive and your government physically looks vulnerable to attack, but, even worse, your entire democracy looks vulnerable.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Are you kidding? Jan 6th absolutely changed world perception of the US. You had insurrection in your capital - violent maniacs who broke into your seat of government with the intention of not only overturning an election, but killing Democrats and Pence.

How can people like yourself so easily brush this off as if it was nothing. It’s delusional. This was massive and your government physically looks vulnerable to attack, but, even worse, your entire democracy looks vulnerable.

I think it was horrible but ended quickly.   It was not a worse look for the USA than the previous summer of rioting and the burning of cities across the country.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Myles said:

I think it was horrible but ended quickly.   It was not a worse look for the USA than the previous summer of rioting and the burning of cities across the country.  

It's not over yet.

Doug

15 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

This was massive and your government physically looks vulnerable to attack, but, even worse, your entire democracy looks vulnerable.

These recent texts from Don Jr. to Mark Meadows. reported yesterday on CNN, are proof of an “attempted coup,” and evidence of a real dictatorship and oligarchy in the early stages.

A  monster was trying to seize power, and there have been no consequences for the esteemed dictator, his family members, or his presumptive oligarchs. 

Four more years and the United States might have been part of the Russian Federation.

The entire Jan. 6th fiasco screamed of weakness, resulting in Putin thinking he could further his empire.

The Ukrainians need our help, and they have earned it. Putin’s greatest weakness is actually his reliance on a nuclear arsenal to leverage a victory in Ukraine. He can be defeated in Ukraine, and he should also be kicked out of Crimea. He must pay a price for his miscalculation, just not the ultimate price, on Russian soil.

Edited by Raptor Witness

17 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

No the ridiculous media coverage and the democrats exploiting it to make it look much worse than it was might have changed the worlds perception. 

17 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

After all the crap you guys brushes off with antifa and BLM riots, well, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

I agree with one thing. Our entire democracy is vulnerable. Democrats pulled a presidential election right out from under us. 

Aside from the OP’s ridiculous stance on democrats, I agree. Much of what we did in the Middle East was horrific. 

Remember RW, it was Obama that destroyed the most prosperous country in the area, and turned it into a islamic hell hole. Democrats are just as responsible. Establishment republicans and democrats have been a nightmare for this country. 

3 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

No the ridiculous media coverage and the democrats exploiting it to make it look much worse than it was might have changed the worlds perception. 

After all the crap you guys brushes off with antifa and BLM riots, well, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. 

I agree with one thing. Our entire democracy is vulnerable. Democrats pulled a presidential election right out from under us. 

I’m not talking about opinions or perceptions in the US. I’m speaking from an international perspective.

Not sure what you mean by pulling an election. 

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I’m not talking about opinions or perceptions in the US. I’m speaking from an international perspective.

I know. What formed those opinions? How did most folks overseas know about it? Media. Who Made it out to be much worse than it actually is 

8 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

Yeah you do. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I know. What formed those opinions? How did most folks overseas know about it? Media. Who Made it out to be much worse than it actually is 

Yeah you do. 

The media over here and elsewhere can’t be targeted with your usual nonsensical dismissals.

And do you mean you think Biden stole the election?

1 hour ago, ExpandMyMind said:

The media over here and elsewhere can’t be targeted with your usual nonsensical dismissals.

And do you mean you think Biden stole the election?

Why can’t I? I have just as much access to it as anyone. 

I think that’s a very real possibility. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

I think that’s a very real possibility. 

Yes, agree. But so far all iregularities, double votes and voting scams proved to come from the republican side.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, odas said:

Yes, agree. But so far all iregularities, double votes and voting scams proved to come from the republican side.

BS

11 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

An "international perspective"? You mean your opinion, right!??!?!? I'm posting from Australia, so I am also coming from an "international perspective". From my international perspective this has been a massive media beat up. The BLM riots from 2020 tarnished American far more than the Jan 6 riot did! 

Oh, this is my opinion. Just as your opinion is yours. It is not an "international perspective" simply because you are posting from an international location. Unless I'm also posting an "international perspective". 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1