Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Declassified data reveals interstellar object hit Earth in 2014

UM-Bot

So what was the big secret? And why do seemingly intelligent people fail to grasp the fact that 90% of the "facts" they consider themselves more intelligent than others for parroting are made up and simply a matter of what they are told to think rather than reality. Governments are not in the truth business, only an idiot could be too blind to see that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

There have obviously been objects passing or hitting Earth since before we were ever watching for such things.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

Governments are not in the truth business, only an idiot could be too blind to see that.

Nobody is in the truth business.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Nnicolette said:

So what was the big secret? And why do seemingly intelligent people fail to grasp the fact that 90% of the "facts" they consider themselves more intelligent than others for parroting are made up and simply a matter of what they are told to think rather than reality. Governments are not in the truth business, only an idiot could be too blind to see that.

It's possible due to the item exploding in the atmosphere, it was classified until there was a thorough investigation what it actually was.

Conspiracies is a different sub forum. You can peddle you "evil guvment " fluff over there. lot's of "unique" personalities there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

It's possible due to the item exploding in the atmosphere, it was classified until there was a thorough investigation what it actually was.

Conspiracies is a different sub forum. You can peddle you "evil guvment " fluff over there. lot's of "unique" personalities there.

There are hundreds of fireballs exploding in the sky and they're not classifieds. I feel there was something more to the event which prompted classification but can't find original descriptions from 2014.

10 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

There are hundreds of fireballs exploding in the sky and they're not classifieds. I feel there was something more to the event which prompted classification but can't find original descriptions from 2014.

There's hundreds not classified? Where are you getting that number from? Is that daily or yearly, or what is the sample size you're referencing?

I'm going off of the quoted speed and trajectory that may have been the cause for the initial classification.

• Like 3

On 4/12/2022 at 6:28 PM, Gumball said:

There have obviously been objects passing or hitting Earth since before we were ever watching for such things.

well, of course. The meteor that formed the Gulf of Mexico, or the meteor in the Tunguska event, 1908 Siberia

• Like 1

On 4/14/2022 at 9:34 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

well, of course. The meteor that formed the Gulf of Mexico, or the meteor in the Tunguska event, 1908 Siberia

What I mean is there was a lot of noise about Oumuamua as if it was the only time that this kind of event had ever happened but, it was really just the first time we could record the data.  I guess you could say it was the first "known' object but there surely has been many of these objects we were just never able to see.

Edited by Gumball
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Gumball said:

What I mean is there was a lot of noise about Oumuamua as if it was the only time that this kind of event had ever happened but, it was really just the first time we could record the data.  I guess you could say it was the first "known' object but there surely has been many of these objects we were just never able to see.

Very good. Gumball. 

One thing I forgot about in the examples I gave was - it was never proven that the incoming asteroids came in from outside our solar system. That's the catch

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Very good. Gumball. 

One thing I forgot about in the examples I gave was - it was never proven that the incoming asteroids came in from outside our solar system. That's the catch

My knowledge of this is minimal but I'm sure I read it was the speed of the object entering our solar system that then dictates where they reckon it came from.  We should really broaden our horizons before making any statements of any kind in my (very very) humble opinion. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Gumball said:

My knowledge of this is minimal but I'm sure I read it was the speed of the object entering our solar system that then dictates where they reckon it came from.  We should really broaden our horizons before making any statements of any kind in my (very very) humble opinion. 

Ain't heard that one, Gumball. I had read it was trajectory 

• Like 2

I think the reason it was classified is because it was totally unexpected, and we did not at the time know 'why or what' exploded in the Earth's atmosphere.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, Tatetopa said:

Nobody is in the truth business.

Hi Tate

I find your answer somewhat disheartening, some of us have invested in the tools of the truth extraction trade like pliers for teeth and nails, shears for when you run out if nails not to mention a collection of hammers, chisels and saws.:innocent::whistle:

• Haha 2

On 4/13/2022 at 11:03 AM, Trelane said:

There's hundreds not classified? Where are you getting that number from? Is that daily or yearly, or what is the sample size you're referencing?

I'm going off of the quoted speed and trajectory that may have been the cause for the initial classification.

On 4/16/2022 at 7:20 AM, Gumball said:

There we go: "conspiracionists are getting an extra point" we now know why it has been classified;  because it came out of space and it happened before Oumuamua . Furthermore it could be as well " alien tech" 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/357102/is-there-alien-tech-lying-at-the-bottom-of-the-sea

Earlier this month, it was revealed by the US Space Command (USSC) that a fast-moving fireball, which exploded over Papua New Guinea 8 years ago, actually originated from outside our solar system - predating the discovery of interstellar visitor 'Oumuamua in 2017

Edited by qxcontinuum

1 hour ago, qxcontinuum said:

There we go: "conspiracionists are getting an extra point" we now know why it has been classified;  because it came out of space and it happened before Oumuamua . Furthermore it could be as well " alien tech" 

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/357102/is-there-alien-tech-lying-at-the-bottom-of-the-sea

Earlier this month, it was revealed by the US Space Command (USSC) that a fast-moving fireball, which exploded over Papua New Guinea 8 years ago, actually originated from outside our solar system - predating the discovery of interstellar visitor 'Oumuamua in 2017

It stands to reason that the data classification was made until the object could properly identified. One concern that US Gov Agencies has been keenly aware of is the development and testing of new long range missile capabilities of various countries. There may have been an initial concern that was what it may have been.

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

It stands to reason that the data classification was made until the object could properly identified. One concern that US Gov Agencies has been keenly aware of is the development and testing of new long range missile capabilities of various countries. There may have been an initial concern that was what it may have been.

The object has not been identified as it sits at the bottom of the ocean. 

20 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

True but surely they would have been concerened it could have been top secret tech of either theirs or others.  It could have been a spy satellite or prototype of some kind.  It is very interesting either way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gumball said:

True but surely they would have been concerened it could have been top secret tech of either theirs or others.  It could have been a spy satellite or prototype of some kind.  It is very interesting either way.

I don't think you've read the news and article. The object was officially recognized to have originated from outside our solar system. However since it fell at the bottom of the ocean, a mission to retrieve is nearly impossible. The news was classified at the time as the probability to be alien tech was real. 

And to this day scientists like Levi don't exclude this possibility. None the less thumbs down Nasa for hiding the truth, classification of such events demonstrates that they'll never share anything if and when some truth is out there 

On 4/25/2022 at 7:09 PM, qxcontinuum said:

It was declassified.

"It turns out that the fast-moving fireball, which exploded over Papua New Guinea 8 years ago, actually originated from outside our solar system - that is, at least, according to a new memo released by US Space Command and based on a study conducted in 2019.

The meteorite, which measured only 0.45 meters across, hit our planet's atmosphere at 130,000 mph."

• Like 1

17 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

I don't think you've read the news and article. The object was officially recognized to have originated from outside our solar system. However since it fell at the bottom of the ocean, a mission to retrieve is nearly impossible. The news was classified at the time as the probability to be alien tech was real. 

And to this day scientists like Levi don't exclude this possibility. None the less thumbs down Nasa for hiding the truth, classification of such events demonstrates that they'll never share anything if and when some truth is out there 

I have indeed read this and other articles about the event and in the immediate aftermath I would imagine they had no idea of what it was or where it came from which was my point. 

Interestingly, one meteorite fell down just yesterday in Ontario after a bif firebal was reported and the the news have mentioned that fragments are scattered near Lake Earie.

Not classified...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, qxcontinuum said:

Interestingly, one meteorite fell down just yesterday in Ontario after a bif firebal was reported and the the news have mentioned that fragments are scattered near Lake Earie.

Not classified...

One item was likely observed prior to entry into the atmospher and was expeced. The other clearly was not. 

Also, it's Lake Erie.

On 4/16/2022 at 9:54 PM, Gumball said:

Gumball's ^^original statement^^. 

On 4/16/2022 at 10:09 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Ain't heard that one, Gumball. I had read it was trajectory 

Eot's retort, is wrong. You are right, @Gumball, speed is the most important factor, trajectory is a minor factor

Good call, bud :tu:

4 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Gumball's ^^original statement^^. 

Eot's retort, is wrong. You are right, @Gumball, speed is the most important factor, trajectory is a minor factor

Good call, bud :tu:

Thank you. No argument intended. I am just vey very interested on how we actually judge these phenomena now.  I'm finding it hard to accept that the recent fervour toward 'extraterrestrial visitors" is actually waranted.  These types of "visitors" must go beyond the ones we have recorded..

• Like 1