Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Introduction: Hello all

AlonaLameDeer

Hi, AlonaLameDeer :st, welcome to UM. Your first post is very interesting, thank you for telling us about yourself. I can't begin to imagine what life is like so far north. I hope you find something to interest you here at UM. :)

• Like 8

Welcome aboard the UM from a former Alaskan (non native affiliation) that meandered to the lower 48 from Chugiak.

• Like 4

Welcome to UM Alona :st Thank you for telling us your story. I for one, would find your tribal stories very interesting.

• Like 4

Welcome @AlonaLameDeer!

I am descended from the Sami people of Northern Scandanavia/Siberia.  We followed the reindeer herds for epochs, migrating and living in tents and the shamanismistic/animism view of the world of those tribes is utterly congruent with the aspects of Native cultures I've studied here in America.  (particularly among the plains tribes, near where I grew up in the Midwest/Rosebud Lakota).

My Father once told me after returning from Alaska, (his first time there when he was 50-ish), he said "If I had found Alaska as a young man, you'd have been born and raised there.  It is without a doubt the most amazing place I've ever been."

Hope your time here is pleasant.  Thanks for sharing.

• Like 4

Welcome @AlonaLameDeer
Your written English is near flawless. I wish the rest of us was as good as that.

And welcome to the global village, called the internet. It's an amazing place, but with everything involving people, it can also be rather nasty (and full of lies!).

Edited by zep73
  • Like 3

Welcome to UM!

• Like 2

Nice to meet you!

10 hours ago, zep73 said:

Your written English is near flawless. I wish the rest of us was as good as that.

uh...that would be ... were as good as that.  B)  But hey, your English is a lot better than my Danish...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

@newbloodmoon
I will actually be heading to the lower 48 pretty soon for University, plan on moving back to Alaska after that however.

@zep73
Thank you, I worry about it some times, most people around here grow up leaning to speak English and Yupik.

But never having actually learned to speak anything. But I read lips pretty well in English/Yupik and do ASL.
Writing on the other hand, I try. I know I mess up on Homophones a good amount and tend to write like I'm always doing a academic paper.

• Like 6

welcome aboard the forums, looking forward to reading more of your posts. 

• Like 2

I am also new to the forum, though I have been a long time lurker. The internet however...that's a place I know too well. Welcome, to the world wide web. Interesting to meet someone new to the experince. 

It's an intresting place for sure, for better or worse.  

• Like 2

welcome to the forums on a more permenant basis Brandon

• Like 3

12 hours ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

I know I mess up on Homophones a good amount and tend to write like I'm always doing a academic paper.

I can honestly say you're doing well. Some of the post I've seen over the years on here. You get a gold star.

• Like 4

On 4/16/2022 at 9:48 AM, AlonaLameDeer said:

Hello. new here. really new to the internet as a whole.
I'm Alona. (Just like the word alone, just with a A on the end)

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello,

I just signed up, a couple days ago. I was browsing a thread pertaining to the WOW signal projected into the universe and its supposed response of which was linked through another forum.

I have been residing in Germany, for a while now.

This looks to be quite an interesting forum

• Like 5

Hello, Autistocrates, welcome to UM :st. That's a clever name you've got there! Yes, this IS an interesting forum . . . . enjoy! :D

• Like 4

Welcome @Autistocrates:yes:

• Like 2

On 4/17/2022 at 11:54 AM, Brandonchpr said:

I am also new to the forum, though I have been a long time lurker. The internet however...that's a place I know too well. Welcome, to the world wide web. Interesting to meet someone new to the experince. 

It's an intresting place for sure, for better or worse.  

Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Howdy!  Working class Dad from Cali ---- who is incredibly happy that live music is an option again. I was compelled to join after I saw a thread regarding the 3 year old from San Jose who was killed by her Grandfather and Uncle when they performed an " exorcism" on her. I'm real familiar with that area of Northern Ca.,.  Super heartbreaking to see a normal rowdy 3 year old  lose her life for being a normal toddler.  Anyway, glad to join the forum and lyeah.......that's about it for now.

• Like 4

Hi there, Lurching Chombonie :st. Welcome to UM. Do you play an instrument or just like going to watch others play?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, The Lurching Chombonie said:

Howdy!  Working class Dad from Cali ---- who is incredibly happy that live music is an option again. I was compelled to join after I saw a thread regarding the 3 year old from San Jose who was killed by her Grandfather and Uncle when they performed an " exorcism" on her. I'm real familiar with that area of Northern Ca.,.  Super heartbreaking to see a normal rowdy 3 year old  lose her life for being a normal toddler.  Anyway, glad to join the forum and lyeah.......that's about it for now.

Welcome to the forum!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ouija ouija said:

Hi there, Lurching Chombonie :st. Welcome to UM. Do you play an instrument or just like going to watch others play?

Hey thanks!  LOL I've tried guitar and uke , but I look like a bear swatting at salmon --- so I've done a bit of screaming, but nothing that ever went beyond some garage stuff with the homies. I did however start to look into playing the bagpipes.  I dunno, the pipes do something to you in the gut not unlike Native American drumming.

I was pretty disappointed that right after covid  stuff eased up I missed seeing Mayhem In San Francisco.

How's about you?  Do you play?