Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Time

PsiSeeker

13 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

What in the lord mother of crikey mate.

Ahhh, you're Ozzy. Twilight Zone is an old scifi program in the US

13 hours ago, LightAngel said:

Time doesn't exist.

So just enjoy the moment. ;)

Be alive.

Stated so simply and poignantly, your statement echoes sentiments of great zen masters.

Shunryu Suzuki often said.  No teaching could be more direct that to just sit down.

As i experience it...

What declaration of realization or teaching could be more direct than to embody what you are, where you are, as is?   Here and now.

Utter simplicity.  No seeking or aversion.  Raw Beingness.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You are reading this now.

It's always now. 

It's never not been, now.

Past and Future are Memory and Imagination, respectively. 

The past is always remembered now.

The future is always imagined now.

Nothing ever occurs in the future, or the past.

Those are mental constructs, mentation artefacts that always arise in the now. 

You are reading this now.

You may think about this in memory and it will be now as well.

Fun to ponder the ramifications of this... Time that is now.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, PsiSeeker said:

Haha!  Anytime jcm88r

Hi Psi

:unsure:

jmccr8

• Haha 2

On 5/9/2022 at 8:27 PM, quiXilver said:

How long is a moment?

How could we determine when 'a moment' begins?

And how will we ever describe when, or how a moment comes to an end and separates itself from the flow of reality?

Excellent questions!

A moment is exactly  ....  infinite.  We all talk about 'moments' ... but in reality we are really just talking about our memory of 'the moment'.  

In a world...

Where the sun never rises and never sets...in a world where the sun is always rising and always setting simultaneously...in a world where it is always Right Now...and right now is the eternal moment that somehow keeps getting missed...in a world where we are always wanting to get to the next moment and missing the only moment that counts...in a world where that moment is the only moment and it is happening everywhere in real time to everyone...

The Moment...

...imagine...in a world where no one ever missed The Moment....

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

That IS Beautiful quiXilver & joc!        Ya, “TIME”. Does not exist..      .I’m not sure I even believe in this “moment”  or “now”.    All I believe in and Know is     IS          Aristotle said ‘there is no time apart from change’.      (change IS).   My lovable old uncle Albert said. .  ‘the distinction between past, present, and future, is only a stubbornly persistent illusion’.   (Illusion IS)  …there is only  IS        …when is now?  Oops!* too late!  :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, lightly said:

That IS Beautiful quiXilver & joc!        Ya, “TIME”. Does not exist..      .I’m not sure I even believe in this “moment”  or “now”.    All I believe in and Know is     IS          Aristotle said ‘there is no time apart from change’.      (change IS).   My lovable old uncle Albert said. .  ‘the distinction between past, present, and future, is only a stubbornly persistent illusion’.   (Illusion IS)  …there is only  IS        …when is now?  Oops!* too late!  :P

This video was recorded on the Ed Sullivan, in 1964. the name of the song is Time is on my side!:tu:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

I’m obsessed with this topic “ time”.  .   I’ve been thinking about ,so called, time dialation . (for a few years now)  (Clocks ticking slower when in Motion, as opposed to at Rest).  I’m wondering if the increased MOTION ..is responsible for the apparent ‘slowing’ of time…?     An object in motion is traveling through MORE expanding space than an object at Rest.    Motion+Expansion=Increased Distance .     =longer duration/time.

The difference in the measurements of ‘time’ at differing speeds or ‘altitudes’ is so small as to be barely measurable…until near light speeds.  The difference in the passing of ‘time’ at the top of Mount Everest and sea level is like…millionths of a second ??   Probably the same exact  difference in their respective ‘orbits’ around the center of Mass of the earth.   ! :passifier:   So, it isn’t that the clock on Mount Everest took longer …it traveled Farther.     That always takes  longer :P

Edited by lightly

3 hours ago, lightly said:

Wow my friend.  What a potent sharing for me!  I'm going to sit with this for a time and let it percolate.  Your comment in awareness feels akin to a large stone dropped in a still, deep pond.  Ripples (thoughts/potential insights) will arise for some time due to its presence.  Your Uncle had his finger on the pulse, that's for sure.

There is only IS.  Synchronous for me, your sharing this in this IS.

Alan Watts reflects and touches on this IS in his short treatise This Is It

Thanks for the nudge and contribution mate.  You're appreciated.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, lightly said:

I’m obsessed with this topic “ time”.  .   I’ve been thinking about ,so called, time dialation . (for a few years now)  (Clocks ticking slower when in Motion, as opposed to at Rest).  I’m wondering if the increased MOTION ..is responsible for the apparent ‘slowing’ of time…?     An object in motion is traveling through MORE expanding space than an object at Rest.    Motion+Expansion=Increased Distance .     =longer duration/time.

The difference in the measurements of ‘time’ at differing speeds or ‘altitudes’ is so small as to be barely measurable…until near light speeds.  The difference in the passing of ‘time’ at the top of Mount Everest and sea level is like…millionths of a second ??   Probably the same exact  difference in their respective ‘orbits’ around the center of Mass of the earth.   ! :passifier:   So, it isn’t that the clock on Mount Everest took longer …it traveled Farther.     That always takes  longer :P

1000_F_319446903_dpedRwZDn71JEheC3aOaa0B

https://www.emc2-explained.info/Time-Dilation/#.YoW6g2QRUbR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Thanks psyche,  I don’t think I know what I’m talking about ! :lol:    My old brain can’t figure out if I’m looking at it all backward, or inside out,   ..or what!?    :wacko:          For examples… if time Is Relative..then it is not an identical ‘thing’ in all instances?   And if ‘distances shrink in the direction of motion’. .then  distance Is variable, as well !!!!!

Edited by lightly

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, lightly said:

Thanks psyche,  I don’t think I know what I’m talking about ! :lol:    My old brain can’t figure out if I’m looking at it all backward, or inside out,   ..or what!?    :wacko:          For examples… if “time Is Relative” then it is not an identical ‘thing’ in all instances?   And if “distances shrink in the direction of motion” then  distance Is variable, as well !!!!!    
 ….which is what makes me question the existence of ‘time’ AND ‘space’..(sorry uncle Albert;). it looks more like there IS only ENERGY and MOTION..  (energy/motion)   the various  (interactive) combinations of which result in the perceived, experienced! ..and even Measurable!!    results’ !!!  ?

Edited by lightly

Posted (edited)

I suspect the incongruencies we experience at the extremes are due to the inaccuracy of our perceptual process, not to mystical strangeness in natural process. 

Humans do not perceive the universe as it is, but as it's interpreted by sensory transduction.  And these five functions are severely limited and innacurate. We perceive a micro-fractional sliver of what goes on around us... then extrapolate from that to make large claims.  The fallacy is strong with us.

Even our instrumentation which are built to help reach a bit beyond our normal sensory range are built on the foundational; principles of our senses and thus, our perceptual bias is inherent in them.

Edited by quiXilver
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/19/2022 at 7:45 PM, jethrofloyd said:

Just couldn't resist:

Me neither:

• Like 2