Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is there alien tech lying at the bottom of the sea ?

UM-Bot

They never wonder if easily accessible meteorites are artificial. 

"My dream is to press some buttons on a functional piece of equipment that was manufactured outside of Earth," he said.

He sounds like an adorable man!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No but if the memes are accurate there's a boatload of car batteries. 

• Haha 1

My dream is to press some buttons on a functional piece of equipment that was manufactured outside of Earth," he said

The Antikythera Mechanism?  :alien:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

The Antikythera Mechanism?  :alien:

It is not manufactured outside of earth..

• Like 4

It's always nice to see when serious men keep their childhood dreams alive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I believe there is ET tech in the seas, but not fake meteorites.

Whether they are probes or crewed, some Alien craft must have come down (Roswell style) and there's a lot more water than land on our planet.

Edited by acute
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, astrobeing said:

They never wonder if easily accessible meteorites are artificial. 

He sounds like an adorable man!

Yes, however pressing unknown buttons on an unknown device sounds too much like all those monkeys with typewriters.  Shakespeare, Armageddon or a distress signal?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

"Avi Loeb"

Right, because the Moon is a Harsh Mistress. It's just the moon people lobbing boulders at us. Oh, wait, that was just a SciFi novel. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 2

When you hear people talking about aliens, you can figure their motive is one the following:

They want to sell you their book.

They want to become famous on the History Channel.

They just are not getting enough attention (see: Avi Loeb and all the much less known attention seekers).

Or in the case it's a government, they are about to get up to no good and figure if they can blame it on aliens, no one can prove them wrong this time. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Yes, however pressing unknown buttons on an unknown device sounds too much like all those monkeys with typewriters.

It's just not worth the risk!

The "Create Black Hole" button looks too similar to the "Black Coffee" button.

:yes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Hyperionxvii said:

When you hear people talking about aliens, you can figure their motive is one the following:

They want to sell you their book.

They want to become famous on the History Channel.

They just are not getting enough attention (see: Avi Loeb and all the much less known attention seekers).

Or in the case it's a government, they are about to get up to no good and figure if they can blame it on aliens, no one can prove them wrong this time.

Well, seems you've got it all figured out. 

Congratulations.  Must feel great to be so certain and content?

:su

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, quiXilver said:

Meh, I figured out things harder to figure out than that this morning making coffee and oatmeal. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

pretty sure for all those fish in the sea everything from fish hooks to Davey Jones locker looks alien to them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, UM-Bot said:

Harvard physicist Avi Loeb has suggested that some interstellar meteorites could be artificial in nature.

anyone can suggest anything if they want! i can 'suggest' all rats are alien spies keeping an eye on us.. but this would mean nothing because i'm not a Harvard physicist

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, acute said:

I believe there is ET tech in the seas, but not fake meteorites.

Whether they are probes or crewed, some Alien craft must have come down (Roswell style) and there's a lot more water than land on our planet.

I would honestly highly doubt that there is any ET tech anywhere on Earth, be it in the ocean or some secret Government lab.

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

You know what Avi Loeb could do? He could get him a deep sea submersible and become the Jacques Cousteau of alien hunters. If you're going to get that attention, Loeb, do something bold, you gotta go big. I'll even tune into your first episode on History Channel where you proceed to not find any alien stuff. But I'll definitely quit tuning in before episode 5 where you proceed to not find any alien stuff. 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dejarma said:

anyone can suggest anything if they want! i can 'suggest' all rats are alien spies keeping an eye on us.. but this would mean nothing because i'm not a Harvard physicist

If things continue like this, I'm not sure how much being a Harvard physicist will mean. I mean aren't pysicists supposed to educated in math like stuff? 

Edited by Hyperionxvii
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

If things continue like this, I'm not sure how much being a Harvard phsicist will mean. I mean aren't pysicists supposed to educated in math like stuff? 

who knows, what do we know?? we know nothing.. who really knows for a fact about anything?

11 minutes ago, Hyperionxvii said:

If things continue like this, I'm not sure how much being a Harvard phsicist will mean. I mean aren't pysicists supposed to educated in math like stuff? 

Even professors at famous schools struggle to get into the mainstream media. I think that's why Loeb said these silly things.

Also magnet fishing is nothing new. It's great if you like garbage.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quiXilver said:

Seems like they're spot on to me. Unless you have something to post to the contrary that holds up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badeskov said:

I would honestly highly doubt that there is any ET tech anywhere on Earth, be it in the ocean or some secret Government lab.

Cheers,

Badeskov

Honestly, i highly doubt there is any ET tech anywhere in the Milky Way Galaxy.

But seriously...A Harvard Physicist?  An object is determined to have come from beyond our star system and his reaction is to wonder if it is ET alien Hardware?

Let's ponder this with him shall we?  Out of ALL the possibilities of what it could be that splashed into one of our oceans...and a Harvard Physicist thinks we should consider among all of the plethoric possibilities of it's origin that it just could be Alien ET...smh

2 hours ago, Dejarma said:

who knows, what do we know?? we know nothing.. who really knows for a fact about anything?

I know that it is highly unlikely that there are any  other star systems in our Galaxy that have life at all, much less life forms that have achieved Technology.  I'm sure you don't care but if you even remotely wonder why I think that...ask me and I will tell you.

• Like 6