Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

David Bowie was 'convinced' ghost of his dad phoned him

Eldorado

David Bowie is said to have been "convinced" that his father's ghost had phoned him every day for a week once.

The late singer - who himself passed away in 2016, aged 69 - lost his father Haywood Jones in 1969, reportedly due to pneumonia, before his music career had really taken off.

It's been claimed that in the week following his father's death, the Grammy Award winner had experienced what he believed at the time was some paranormal activity.

He's said to have been "convinced" that Haywood was communicating with him from beyond the grave, with the phone having rang at the exact same time for days.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/david-bowie-convinced-ghost-dad-26783168

• Like 1

Probably true. He can join the millions of others.

So many accounts of visitations of the dying.  Particularly those revealed to occur at the moment of a loved one's death. 

Compelling to me. 

Even if they are a construct of the one receiving the visitation, the shear timing of it, is so potent.  To conjure such an experience at that moment indicates a level of connectedness of close loved ones, energetically, that is astounding to me.

I smelled one of my grandmothers in the room a few different times for a couple weeks Ashe died. It was nice.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, quiXilver said:

So many accounts of visitations of the dying.  Particularly those revealed to occur at the moment of a loved one's death. 

Compelling to me. 

Even if they are a construct of the one receiving the visitation, the shear timing of it, is so potent.  To conjure such an experience at that moment indicates a level of connectedness of close loved ones, energetically, that is astounding to me.

Dopamine is a marvelous thing.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, XenoFish said:

I saw my grandfather after he died. I chalk it up to a grief stricken mind.

I saw an apparition of my stepfather after he died but I had little connection or love for him and felt no grief.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, openozy said:

I saw an apparition of my stepfather after he died but I had little connection or love for him and felt no grief.

I know if I chalk it up to anything outside of the "safe parameters" on here, the idea would be attacked with a vengeance. So I'm playing down the one event that really started my occult adventures.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

I know if I chalk it up to anything outside of the "safe parameters" on here, the idea would be attacked with a vengeance. So I'm playing down the one event that really started my occult adventures.

I went down that path for a while after certain encounters but then was overpowered by it so I started to go to the spiritual side to try to tame it down in a way. I find you are on your own with this even in the company of like minded people.

• Like 3

Just now, openozy said:

I went down that path for a while after certain encounters but then was overpowered by it so I started to go to the spiritual side to try to tame it down in a way. I find you are on your own with this even in the company of like minded people.

A cold mechanistic view of reality isn't for me. I still want to believe that life is a thing of beauty, deep and rich beauty. Not just chemical reactions and entropy.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

A cold mechanistic view of reality isn't for me. I still want to believe that life is a thing of beauty, deep and rich beauty. Not just chemical reactions and entropy.

I believe life is a personal journey and why not look at the beautiful side, it brushes away negativity as if it was nothing.