Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The old Classic, Ghost cat

AlonaLameDeer

I think I've talked before about the whole point that... Stuff gets really odd up on the north slope.
Some of that I think is really just the mental effect of this area on the mind.
Some of it I'm more or less convinced is just humans reacting the way humans do.

A few times I have seen things that I just can't quite get around because of how odd they are.
Normally my reaction is just to go about my business, but this thread is basically for discussion.

When we moved into the house we currently are in, it was already pretty old built in the 1940s.

Basically right away we started to have a collective recurring siting.
A cat. Large white.
Always on the large wooden stairs of the house.
Everyone in the house a total of four people have seen it at some points. Some times alone some times in groups of two. Always in agreeance of what it looked like.

The real thing that interests me is just how consistent this is.

Over a long period of time consistently. (10+ years now)
Amount of people. (4+guests)
Persistence of what we had seen.

For part of this time, we didn't have a cat.
When we did the cat we kept seeing didn't match our cats.

I've had a few people give good try's at explaining this.

It's a actual cat. (I think we would have actually proven that by now)
It's some other kind of animal. (Same, we would have figured that out and this is a long time)
Infrasound (Maybe but me/my mother are deaf, so no idea how that would work)

So this is less a "I saw a ghost" And more a "We saw something, persistent" I got no clue.

• Like 2

I believe you are seeing what some call a ghost, I think it is some sort of projection of the past, an animal doing what it did when alive. That is my take on all ghosts, their spirits have ascended long ago and we are just getting a glimpse of the past.

• Like 1

Try to lure it with catnip.

Mew!

I've heard so many stories of ghost dogs/cats that I am a believer that it is a real phenomenon and most likely what you are experiencing.

One question: Why did you rule out it being a real cat.?

And if it was me if I ever saw it after it was a known mystery I would investigate and not take my eyes off it until I learned more.

• Like 1

Probably just the idea of the ghost cat 'manifesting' due to slight of mind.

On 4/27/2022 at 11:48 AM, papageorge1 said:

I've heard so many stories of ghost dogs/cats that I am a believer that it is a real phenomenon and most likely what you are experiencing.

One question: Why did you rule out it being a real cat.?

And if it was me if I ever saw it after it was a known mystery I would investigate and not take my eyes off it until I learned more.

Most likely not a real cat for a number of reasons.
We have had both cats and dogs in the house, the dogs would have went to find any new animal.
We have lived in the house a long time to, long enough that any cat would likely have passed away.

Did you know that white cats are deaf?

19 hours ago, XenoFish said:

Probably just the idea of the ghost cat 'manifesting' due to slight of mind.

Maybe. But it would be very consistent and widespread then. 

12 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Did you know that white cats are deaf?

Well white cats tend to be deaf more often yes.  This goes up if they have blue eyes but it’s not all white cats ya. 

• Like 1

Cats have 9 lives, which mean they are ghosts at least 9 times, right? Common knowledge. 

• 3 weeks later...

I believe it.  Seen a ghost cat, now and then, in a place we used to live, and my eldest has seen either that one or one quite like it for basically forever. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2022 at 1:49 AM, AlonaLameDeer said:

So this is less a "I saw a ghost" And more a "We saw something, persistent" I got no clue.

Hi, have you or any of your household members experienced any other strange or odd things at home?

On 5/22/2022 at 1:51 PM, P.S said:

Hi, have you or any of your household members experienced any other strange or odd things at home?

A reoccurring shared dream.
Basically dreaming about seeing a man with a glass eye sitting on the end of our bed when we sleep in a specific room.
But my grandfather had a glass eye, and we all know that. So I think this is just a shared dream not anything to out of the ordinary. 

• Like 1

i may have been bitten by a ghost mosquito the other day.

Just could not reach that itch no matter how hard i scratched.

:rofl:

In my grandmother's house I often saw shadowlike cats shooing by. It is an over hundred year old house and many generations of cats used to live there. It could be an optical delusion though.

Even in my house where 3 cats lived in the last 40 years I see this sometimes but rarely.

Interesting that many people see this too. But I never saw a human ghost.

14 hours ago, AlonaLameDeer said:

A reoccurring shared dream.
Basically dreaming about seeing a man with a glass eye sitting on the end of our bed when we sleep in a specific room.
But my grandfather had a glass eye, and we all know that. So I think this is just a shared dream not anything to out of the ordinary. 

The reoccurring dream is most probably related to your grandfather.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2022 at 1:25 PM, P.S said:

The reoccurring dream is most probably related to your grandfather.

Ya the room that every one has the dream in was his room. Its the top loft of a A-frame.
A good number of people who slept up their would not sleep in it again after they had the dream.

It's how to got the nicest room in the house as a Kid, Dream just never bothered me to be honest.

• Like 1

People see things that are not really there for all kinds of reasons  its how it is but ghosts as in spirits or souls of a departed whatever simple do not exist, if you think they do thats super but we both know you cannot prove they exist.

Now the "stone tape" type theories like ozy suggests might in some way have merrit but its not paranormal its Memorex.

And no, not all white cats are deaf.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a way to know for sure if there is really a ghost cat around. Every time you put a new roll of TP on the dispenser in the bathroom, it will be unrolled all over the house the next morning. 

• Thanks 1