Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Major astronomy discovery to be announced in two weeks

UM-Bot

1 hour ago, UM-Bot said:

Astronomers are gearing up to announce something new about our galaxy and it has the potential to be pretty significant.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/357272/major-astronomy-discovery-to-be-announced-in-two-weeks

That's a video of 53 minutes...

Ok. So maybe it's about this:

"If astronomers have managed to produce a direct image of Sgr A*'s event horizon, it will be a historic moment you don't want to miss."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Sounds very interesting.

With the hints given, I'd have to guess it is something significant about the black hole at the center of the Milky Way. But we'll see. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Exciting!*     I’m on the edge of my event horizon!    Wonder why the two week delay?  Waiting for something to happen…in two weeks??

14 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sounds very interesting.

With the hints given, I'd have to guess it is something significant about the black hole at the center of the Milky Way. But we'll see. 

I agree. Should be interesting.. let alone when the Webb telescope goes Live. 

• Like 1

Probably something that'll amount to a cosmic wet fart. Just like all the Mars stuff.

I know , seems they do this a lot , then its something like , we discovered a new Quasar or something.

On 5/3/2022 at 12:04 AM, razman said:

I know , seems they do this a lot , then its something like , we discovered a new Quasar or something.

And I think what many think: "They've found signs of alien life!".

And they know that, of course.

Ok, they may have found something extraordinary, but half the planet is waiting for just thàt moment.

What they keep doing is somewhat like an art historian announcing a great discovery connected with Rembrandt: everyone expects to hear about a yet unknown great painting by Rembrandt, but then they announce they've discovered some of his pensils or dinner plate or something.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I think its that pic floating around of the 2nd black hole picture taken, this time our own Milky Way galaxy black hole.Not sure why they would wait 2 weeks though, maybe to confirm it or sharpen it or something.

The black hole at the Milky Way's center has finally been unveiled | Science News

Edited by razman

On 4/30/2022 at 6:40 PM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Sounds very interesting.

How'd I do :-)

portrait of smiling boy - big grin stock pictures, royalty-free photos & images

On 4/30/2022 at 8:25 PM, locomekipkachelfantje said:

That's a video of 53 minutes...

Ok. So maybe it's about this:

"If astronomers have managed to produce a direct image of Sgr A*'s event horizon, it will be a historic moment you don't want to miss."

Did I win something?