Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canadian farmer recalls 'terrifying' Bigfoot encounter

UM-Bot

12 minutes ago, UM-Bot said:

The creature, which was spotted at a horse farm in Manitoba, prompted an armed response from the locals.

https://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/357292/canadian-farmer-recalls-terrifying-bigfoot-encounter

Like the 13bats would say  "Just another story."

Did they find footprints or anything?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I'm a believer from the quantity, quality and consistency of stories and other evidence. For example, this claims multiple witnesses and jumping a 10-foot fence. 

I do have to wonder if the horses are smarter than these people though. The horses escaped and left. The people came running back with pitchforks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good one.

Multiple eyewitnesses, involved constabulary, highly agitated domestic stock. Good evidences. :tu:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Good one.

Multiple eyewitnesses, involved constabulary, highly agitated domestic stock. Good evidences. :tu:

Something was there if we have police reports available.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

Did they find footprints or anything?

No hair either.   A big hairy beast running through thistles and no hair to be found.   

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, papageorge1 said:

I'm a believer from the quantity, quality and consistency of stories and other evidence. For example, this claims multiple witnesses and jumping a 10-foot fence. 

I do have to wonder if the horses are smarter than these people though. The horses escaped and left. The people came running back with pitchforks.

It happened 41 years ago.

41 years...

• Thanks 2

36 minutes ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

It happened 41 years ago.

41 years...

Not sure of your point. This is a re-discussion  of a case from years ago. 1920’s stories still matter.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, papageorge1 said:

Not sure of your point. This is a re-discussion  of a case from years ago. 1920’s stories still matter.

Why do we hear from her story now? Why did she wait 41 years?

I mean, Bigfoot has been in the news for many decades. She must have known that.

Edit:

I forgot: there was a police report.

Well, show us!

Edited by locomekipkachelfantje
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

Why do we hear from her story now? Why did she wait 41 years?

I mean, Bigfoot has been in the news for many decades. She must have known that.

Edit:

I forgot: there was a police report.

Well, show us!

Nobody’s claiming this to be a first report in this article. Old stories are still interesting as almost no one has heard of this case.

21 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Good one.

Four people LOL-ing away... Hey, I'm serious, dudes! those are good evidences. ^_^  Not proof, evidence.

9 hours ago, Myles said:

No hair either.   A big hairy beast running through thistles and no hair to be found.   

Whoa whoa whoa whoa, Myles...

"no hair to be found." - or, no one looked for it. These People are not professional investigators nor can we hold them in contempt for that.

Good lord, we're going to get wrapped up on that flawed line of thinking again, aren't we?  Stories aren't evidence. Time to get my working boots back on for this rubbish I guess.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Myles said:

Of course there's no hair!

The Bigfoot-hunters have taken it all! :yes:

:whistle:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Trelane said:

Good lord, we're going to get wrapped up on that flawed line of thinking again, aren't we?  Stories aren't evidence. Time to get my working boots back on for this rubbish I guess.

Trelane, if you don't like the way I word things then PUT ME ON IGNORE, for ckristssssssssake\

sick of listening to you whine

14 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Black bear, I guess.

Could be a grizzly, quite a rarity 41 years ago in Manitoba. It fit quite well with the sighting of an unknown giant brown beast.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/more-than-we-expected-grizzly-bear-sightings-have-spiked-in-manitoba-since-1980-report-1.5829930#:~:text=Grizzly bears in Manitoba are,of breeding in the province.

''CONFIRMED BEAR SIGHTINGS
The report tracked sightings of grizzly bears in northern Manitoba since the 1980s, saying the numbers have been more than doubling in every decade since the 1980s. Of the 160 observations, 133 of the sightings have been confirmed.''

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

pareidolia

păr″ī-dō′lē-ə

noun

The perception of a recognizable image or meaningful pattern where none exists or is intended, as the perception of a face in the surface features of the moon.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

With that said,, due to the way our perceptions are formed, humans would be far more likely to see a BigFoot and think of it a bear than visa versa 

The whole "saw a bear" theory has been pretty well shattered for some time, namely by citing states with BF's but with no bears

7 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Trelane, if you don't like the way I word things then PUT ME ON IGNORE, for ckristssssssssake\

I think Trelane's remark wasn't meant for you...

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Should be rather the opposite.  

11 hours ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

Oh the irony!

Another bigfoot sighting 40 years ago. Lame and boring.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, locomekipkachelfantje said:

I think Trelane's remark wasn't meant for you...

Thank you. I put him on ignore a while ago. His paranoid delusions are not worth my energy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/3/2022 at 7:47 AM, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

The whole "saw a bear" theory has been pretty well shattered for some time, namely by citing states with BF's but with no bears

@Earl.Of.Trumps can you show as a map of States with BF's? I may be wrong, but it seems to me Hawaii is the only state without a 'bigfoot sighting'.

Some research and mapping for folks if anyone is interested. 

Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization: BFRO has been collecting stories since 1995, and their collection goes back to the 1920's and up to this year. There's a few thousand there. It also has a section of early folklore and mapping: http://www.bfro.net

This one started last year as part of University of Minnesota's data visualization and analytics boot camp. Here's the article about why they did it: https://www.trilogyed.com/blog/mapping-the-truth-how-one-group-of-data-analysts-cleaned-up-dirty-data-to-find-bigfoot/

And here's the mapping- it does UFO's and BF, but the layers can be split up: https://btroolin.github.io/Mapping-The-Truth/

ArcGIS hub has a 3,800 story mapping of North America: https://hub.arcgis.com/datasets/ECU::bigfoot-locations/explore?location=36.178274%2C-92.272069%2C4.46

And a fun google mapping. Not of stories themselves, but of the various kinds of BF around the world and where those legends take place: https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/viewer?msa=0&dg=feature&mid=1Ak-BQArjKb2uY6NfenxeV1ga16M&ll=27.20131148490992%2C26.79481140528617&z=2