Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Woman bangs on coffin lid to stop her own funeral

Eldorado

A woman's funeral was interrupted after it turned out that she was alive.

Rosa Isabel Cespede Callaca was being laid to rest in Peru last week when she started banging on the lid of her coffin. Stunned relatives opened it and found her alive with her eyes open.

Callaca was quickly transferred to hospital and put on a life support machine but her condition soon deteriorated and she passed away a few hours later.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/topnews/woman-bangs-on-coffin-lid-to-stop-her-own-funeral/ar-AAWSrj2?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10777593/Woman-bangs-coffin-lid-FUNERAL-declared-ALIVE-die-hours-later.html?

• Like 1
  • Sad 5

"We have the videos in which she pushes and touches the coffin."

Oh gosh, this would be good in some horror movie. :blink:

• Like 4

Posted (IP: Staff) ·

I have to wonder if she would still have died afterwards, or was the trauma of being stuck inside a coffin too much for her. Either way, it was hard on her family having basically lost her twice.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, jethrofloyd said:

Oh gosh, this would be good in some horror movie. :blink:

This puts me in mind of a tastless joke I heard recently:

I spent the morning tending my wife's grave. She thinks I am making a garden pond, bless her!

• Haha 2

Just another Near death experience ...  let's see if she wakes up from the permanent death that followed the near death.  Highly doubtful.

I think we periodically hear about these people who dies and come back last minute at their funeral.

• Like 2

That's horrible...how many days after the car crash ?  With all these stories, I don't know how many people are cremated alive.

Edited by Jon the frog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

I assume they didn't use embalming fluid.

• Like 2

This kind of clinical error should not be treated lightly and review what we do not know about death.

• Like 1