Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

“The most convincing UFO photo ever”

A new high-resolution image of what has been described as “the most convincing UFO photo ever” has been published - half a century after it was first taken.

Sergio Loaiza, an aerial photographer, flew over Costa Rica using a map-making camera to survey the land before a hydroelectric project was built in the area, the Daily Star reports.

Flying at an altitude of roughly 10,000 feet, he took several high resolution black and white photos of the Lake Cote and surrounding rainforest - located near the Arenal Volcano in the northern highlands - at 20 second intervals.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/researchers-publish-best-image-of-a-ufo-ever-taken-over-remote-rainforest-lake/ar-AAX1Fld?

The mystery object appears on only one frame of the series.

Photo: © Instituto Geográfico Nacional de Costa Rica

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

It looks like a bow wave except for the crisp outline around the wake.

• Like 3

Well I'm convinced more than ever.

• Haha 6

This story has been around for years, and resurfaces from time to time. There's a lengthy discussion at metabunk.org, which reaches no particular conclusion, but has several plausible ideas on what the image may show - from a camera artefact to outright fakery:

https://www.metabunk.org/threads/1971-lake-cote-lago-de-cote-ufo-aerial-photo.11729/

Edited by Bathtub
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

It’s the most convincing for those with an IQ below 40

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

It's convincing to those who think pigeons are ET drones.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, acute said:

I am failing to see the UFO in this image. :unsure2:

It's the little thingy on the left, I think...

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Nick Pope said it's the most convincig, so it must be true!

I'd like to hear the opinions of other goalkeepers.:yes:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Depending on the exact altitude of the object, it is believed to have been between 120 and 220 feet across.

In other words, "We can't figure out its altitude or its size, so we picked a size range that we liked."

• Like 6

11 hours ago, jethrofloyd said:

Nick Pope said it's the most convincig, so it must be true!

this sums up nick pope for me... this interview was 5 days after it was revealed to be a CGI students portfolio:

super on the ball spot on ufo investigator is nick:D

or he knew it was fake & done it for the interview money.. who knows

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I like Nick..started out as a total skeptic.. not anymore..This video is looking good, but did the jets get close to it? video stopped of course.. 

• Haha 1

chopper blades I doubt. unless the blades radius covers the entire copter..tail fin?..
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just how can I have heard about 100 most convincing photos/videos ever? Until the next one tomorrow that is.

• Haha 1

On 5/8/2022 at 4:39 AM, acute said:

I am failing to see the UFO in this image. :unsure2:

Ok, I can see it now.

It wasn't very clear on my phone.

Maybe a a part of an insect or seed that got stuck on the photograph or a drop of liquid in from the photolab. 

Isn't that just the little pin hole in almost all airplane windows that is used for pressure regulation and to prevent condensation? In this case it looks like the hole is at the end of a cone shaped "bevel" but is creating the illusion that you are looking at an upside down silver cone?

Edited by RedBeef
  • Like 5

6 hours ago, RedBeef said:

Isn't that just the little pin hole in almost all airplane windows that is used for pressure regulation and to prevent condensation? In this case it looks like the hole is at the end of a cone shaped "bevel" but is creating the illusion that you are looking at an upside down silver cone?

What's That Thing: Why are there holes in airplane windows?

Holy cow they spotted it on that flight too ! That thing is big, bearly 400ft long, look at the size, just above the cloud at 10 miles, it was following the plane !

• Haha 3

• 7 months later...