Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Bermuda Triangle?

jessicalawes11

Does anyone here actually belive in the Bermuda Triangle?

Many times, boats, aeroplanes, the lot... Disappearing mysteriously over this one part of the ocean. Some blame it on whirlpools, and other stormy conditions. But is it something more paranormal than this? What do you think?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mattshark

• Hoagy

• ai_guardian

• jonny b

Yes I am sure evryone believes in the Triangle as it does exist... the question you are asking what do we think is responsible for the missing boats, Ships, Aircrafts etc... I personnally think it is electromagnetic activity and this is not a Crypto?

It's oceanic flatulence that's responsible...

I'm sure someone will move it -

But anyways, I highly believe it. I came to a theory one day that maybe it could possibly be a wormhole taking you either to a different time or place. Maybe that wormhole collapsed and led to the sea which could lead to the reason of why many ships and airplanes have failed to correctly coordinate once entering the area of strangeness. I'll tell you this though, whatever it is, it is pretty messed up/wierd man.

mr grandad had a volume of Readers Digest that discussed the Bermuda Triangle, I believe Charles Berlitz (who is an 'expert' on the phenomena) was the author. I used to read this every time I went to my grandparents. Anyhoo, I personally think that the electromagnetic theory is the main culprit in this case, as it would certainly account for the problems with the on-board instruments. The thing that does knock that theory sideways a little is that some reports give of strange unearthly lights, and/or fog that just literally 'appears'.

A good mystery tho, that's for sure!

Hoagy alien.gif

...also, in recent years, was'nt one of the missing planes from Flight 19 recovered? I read that when they hauled it in, and opened up the door, an open parachute spilled out.

Pretty chilling stuff!

Hoagy geek.gif

I believe it's nothing but electromagnetic weirdness + water density-changing gasses expelled in the area from the ocean floor. Perhaps just an unfortunate mix of the two.

cool.gif

havent wooden ships been lost in the area ?

would electromagnetivity also be to blame for this ?

It has been found that there are gasses being expelled from the ocean floor (from a fault line or something like that) that change the density of the water above. This causes ships (wooden or not) to sink because they lose buoyancy.

The electromagnetivity 'weirdness' tends to play havoc with planes (and maybe ships also) - they lose bearing, and wonder aimlessly until fuel runs out or hit the ocean due to altitude readings wrong.

That's how I see it. But there could be other explanations.

I say it has something t o do with the Earth or something like that. I highly dobt it is a type of paranormal thing. I say it has to do with the ocean or something like that. thumbsup.gif

...also, in recent years, was'nt one of the missing planes from Flight 19 recovered? I read that when they hauled it in, and opened up the door, an open parachute spilled out.

Some planes like those in Flight 19 have been found, but none of the actual planes have been found themselves.

Have read myself some stuff about it and of course the Berlitz book about it.

Have discussed this subject with some sailors who were there frequently, although not through the center of it. Believe it or not, even the charts warn you to avoid it. Anyhow, me as most of you, have heard all the possible explanations.

What one of those sailors said, and sounded interesting, is that in this very area most of the typhoons/hurricanes are created and thus, the whole area is on a permanently unstable condition. This might explain severe electrical distortions in the area (loss of instrument control) and subsequent magnetic failures. Of course, it is difficult to explain the complete disappearance of whole crafts (absence of life rafts, oil spills) but then again who knows what's goin on the exact moment a storm/typhoon is born?

It's just an opinion, based on very basic and common meteorological knowledge but still a possibility.

well take into account, all the times people have safly traveled through triangle now a days with out much mishapes. it relativily easy to say thats its not a supernatural spot.

however pondering why it it happens in that regin that local is very cryptic if you ask me.

ive also heard that the great lakes, you know around michigan has a smaller yet simular one, i wont say their super natuarl but i will say that their is definitly sumthing unerving about them. dose any one know if there are other locations? disgust.gif

• 3 years later...
Does anyone here actually belive in the Bermuda Triangle?

Many times, boats, aeroplanes, the lot... Disappearing mysteriously over this one part of the ocean. Some blame it on whirlpools, and other stormy conditions. But is it something more paranormal than this? What do you think?

I somehow believe in the story of Bermuda Triangle. We should not always look on the side that there is a paranormal event happening in the place. Let's first look in the point that those accidents may also be cause by the captain's negligence. Even though there are paranormal things already, I think we (humans) are the ones who have the ability to control ourselves since we are the most intelligent creatures of the world, I think we'd better have a control to ourself.

It has been found that there are gasses being expelled from the ocean floor (from a fault line or something like that) that change the density of the water above. This causes ships (wooden or not) to sink because they lose buoyancy.

The electromagnetivity 'weirdness' tends to play havoc with planes (and maybe ships also) - they lose bearing, and wonder aimlessly until fuel runs out or hit the ocean due to altitude readings wrong.

That's how I see it. But there could be other explanations.

There is also the dragons triangle off the coast of Japan.

Among the phenomena reported in the Devil's Sea are the loss of ships and planes (more than the Bermuda Triangle), numerous ghost ships, unidentified craft and USO's, missing time, and is even said to explain the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

What is there to believe? The fact is that soemthing is making people dissapear over it, what that is, is up to someone to figure out without going missing themselves.

I lived in Bermuda for 5 years and the speed of which hurricanes would strike was awesome. I imagine that without the instruments used to detect such weather, sailors and pilots would be caught unawares in them. This could account for some of the disappearances. I would hesitate to say all.

If the claim is that there is an usually high incidence of unexplained disappearances of aircraft and seacraft in that particular area, rather than a list of exaggerated events and crackpot theories, I'd have thought it traditional to at least supply some evidence that there is an unusually high rate of such incidents, taking into account volume of traffic and known weather conditions.

Do any insurers charge a premium for the area? Does the US Coastguard issue a warning? Are there any available statistics to support the case?

Or is this simply a case of the mythology of an area, bolstered by some overblown and highly suspect accounts written in the '70s, causing everyone to ascribe supernatural or otherwise bizarre causes to every reported incident in the area?

I do not think there is a higher percentage of any type of craft that disappears in that part of the world as compared to others.I know that the military will and has said the area can be dangerous though.

The dragons triangle off of japan has had the same thing going on for years and japan sent a vessel containing like a hundred scientists to find out what was going on.They dissapeared and japan labelled the area as hazardous and a danger zone.

There is also a list that I think you can get from the coast gaurd or somewhere, that catalogs all the vessels that have dissapeared in the bermuda triangle.

QUOTE (jonny b @ May 23 2008, 08:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is also the dragons triangle off the coast of Japan.

Among the phenomena reported in the Devil's Sea are the loss of ships and planes (more than the Bermuda Triangle), numerous ghost ships, unidentified craft and USO's, missing time, and is even said to explain the disappearance of Amelia Earhart.

And neither place has anything remotely unusual in terms of disappearances. It is complete rubbish and is shown to be so with just 5 minutes of research.

In the USA, there is a magical place, call it ley lines, call it the bermuda triangle, whatever. The very last island of the florida keys you will find a place like no other.

known to the inhabitants as "never never land" it is the strangest place i have ever seen. There is no other place in america like it, and many experiences i have had there can only be explained by belief in truly weird coincidences.

Quit your job and move to key west?

In the USA, there is a magical place, call it ley lines, call it the bermuda triangle, whatever. The very last island of the florida keys you will find a place like no other.

known to the inhabitants as "never never land" it is the strangest place i have ever seen. There is no other place in america like it, and many experiences i have had there can only be explained by belief in truly weird coincidences.

Quit your job and move to key west?

Too many tourists on Key West.

Edited by Mattshark

I think its a vortex of some sort. Something is strange there. imo