Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congress to Hold First Open Hearing About UFOs in 50 Years

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week about UFOs, the first open congressional hearing about UFOs in more than 50 years. 

“Congress hasn’t held a public hearing on unidentified aerial phenomena (UFO’s) in over 50 years,” Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana, tweeted Tuesday morning.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qany/congress-to-hold-first-open-hearing-about-ufos-in-50-years

I'm sure a lot will come of it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Hopefully some real incidents/conclusions/data/ and the overall current status will be discussed by these two gentlemen, and not some re-hashed "stuff".

And that long rumored 23 minute ultra clear video should be on the docket, no excuses: 

"Testifying before the panel will be Ronald Moultrie, the Pentagon’s top intelligence official, and Scott Bray, the deputy director of Naval intelligence."

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/10/congress-holding-ufo-hearing-00031367

Lots of intriguing - and unanswered  questions - abound:

"The acceleration and maneuver characteristics that some UFOs display would be expected to produce G-force pressures on their vehicles ranging into the hundreds. This should rip the vehicles apart. But that doesn't occur. In the context of UFO-related sensor data that show aberrant returns based on a UFO's speed and distance from the sensor platform, and military eyewitness reports that suggest zig-zag distorted movement, some analysts believe UFOs operate by manipulating gravity fields around their vehicles."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/ufos-go-to-congress-5-questions-which-need-answering

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

Lots of intriguing - and unanswered  questions - abound:

"The acceleration and maneuver characteristics that some UFOs display would be expected to produce G-force pressures on their vehicles ranging into the hundreds. This should rip the vehicles apart. But that doesn't occur. In the context of UFO-related sensor data that show aberrant returns based on a UFO's speed and distance from the sensor platform, and military eyewitness reports that suggest zig-zag distorted movement, some analysts believe UFOs operate by manipulating gravity fields around their vehicles."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/patriotism-unity/ufos-go-to-congress-5-questions-which-need-answering

Why would you think they are vehicles?

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Well great, the perfect group of unscientific  nitwits to deal with what might be a pivotal moment in human history.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well great, the perfect group of unscientific  nitwits to deal with what might be a pivotal moment in human history.

Or acknowledging the items are misidentified, not unidentified.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, badeskov said:

Why would you think they are vehicles?

Cheers,

Badeskov

Heck, 

Vehicles, balsa wood and duct tape kites, rogue CIA mind projection apparitions, I don't care, just want to know. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Nobu said:

It’s scary as hell to me that congress doesn’t know our current technology. Potentially 

Congress by and large doesn't have a need to know. Nothing scary about that. Hell, they can't be trusted with their primary duties. I certainly wouldn't trust them with highly sensitive information or details of classified technologies.

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Phantom309 said:

Heck, 

Vehicles, balsa wood and duct tape kites, rogue CIA mind projection apparitions, I don't care, just want to know. 

So no evidence of any ET vehicle.  Fair enough. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, badeskov said:

So no evidence of any ET vehicle.  Fair enough. 

Cheers,

Badeskov

Could very well be ET of some type via quantum physics, etc. I'll be all ears when they hold this open meeting....safe bet its certainly not Russian from what they have shown thus far in Ukraine tech wise. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Phantom309 said:

ET of some type via quantum physics, etc

What does this mean?

8 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

What does this mean?

Literally nothing. Word salad with buzzwords. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Occupational Hubris said:

Literally nothing. Word salad with buzzwords. 

But, I wanted to hear him say it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

But, I wanted to hear him say it.

Sorry. I'm sure the answer would have been equally meaningless.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Very very well said my friend!:tu:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Trelane said:

Congress by and large doesn't have a need to know. Nothing scary about that. Hell, they can't be trusted with their primary duties. I certainly wouldn't trust them with highly sensitive information or details of classified technologies.

I certainly agree with you, they can’t be trusted to keep sensitive unclassified information to themselves! Our Congressman and Senators are mostly a sad bunch of individuals who have no idea what OBSEC even means!:no:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

What does this mean?

I don't know, no one understands it, its all theoretical, maybe the ET boys do.

• Haha 1

We are likely insects to these beings..our minds have not developed enough to even come close to comprehending  them, the galaxy, and the universe.. what it is, what it is a result of, how it functions and who its residents are, also whats beyond its borders. If these beings have mastered interstellar travel, they have likely unlocked a huge portion of how" this" all works..  We cant even get out of the front yard.  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Phantom309 said:

I don't know, no one understands it, its all theoretical, maybe the ET boys do.

Qm is well understood. It is used to make LEDs, computer chips, measure the cosmos, and don't forget that chemistry is all about QM.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, brokenbutcher2016 said:

We are likely insects to these beings..our minds have not developed enough to even come close to comprehending  them, the galaxy, and the universe.. what it is, what it is a result of, how it functions and who its residents are, also whats beyond its borders. If these beings have mastered interstellar travel, they have likely unlocked a huge portion of how" this" all works..  We cant even get out of the front yard.  

You’ve been watching too much of something mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, stereologist said:

Qm is well understood. It is used to make LEDs, computer chips, measure the cosmos, and don't forget that chemistry is all about QM.

It won’t be long before the next quantum entanglement / faster than light thread pops up.

Some things are inevitable!

• Like 3

I’m not expecting anything to come of this. Reminds me of the Vancouver Canuck’s. Whole bunch of hype at the beginning then the big let down in the end lol

• Like 3

Good deep dive by former F-16 pilot Chris Lehto into the rabbit hole of reporting UAP's etc. 

We certainly have a high level of obfuscation, smoke and mirrors, and a black hole approach to data gathering by our government entities. 

Maybe we'll see a change in openness and honesty next week, but I sure as hell have my doubts. 

Edited by Phantom309
  • Like 2

Years ago I do remember reading something about a RAND Corporation UFO study, looks like they were instrumental in the original cover-up. Lue confirms that in the video. 

This acknowledgment also gives me a bit of hope that on Tuesday we'll get more than something like: "Yes, there are things up in the atmosphere flying around, we're not sure about them, but we've got 2 new groups studying it all now, yada yada"

• Like 1