Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Congress to Hold First Open Hearing About UFOs in 50 Years

4 hours ago, Nobu said:

You really don’t believe there were/are American servicemen in the Sinai? 

This was the most surprising post of the thread so far.

Did some digging and bounced this off some colleagues and no, there weren't any Cav troops manning an OP in the Sinai at that time or any time for that matter. 

Why do you think that disbelief over made up assignments is surprising?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zebra3 said:

I've typed it all out before on here and in the end it won't make a difference to you anyway. I'll try and save you guys the standard cut-and-paste, brush-off, last- word posts. We'll see how that works out.

That's all well and fine. Thank you.

Seagull posting at it's finest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

"Alright so it turns out that entity running around the American south probing buttholes was actually just Prince Andrew, every time he was over here for a diplomatic visit, the reports skyrocketed."

In all seriousness, it's probably something boring. 

On 5/10/2022 at 3:32 PM, Zebra3 said:

A House subcommittee will hold a hearing next week about UFOs, the first open congressional hearing about UFOs in more than 50 years. 

“Congress hasn’t held a public hearing on unidentified aerial phenomena (UFO’s) in over 50 years,” Andre Carson, a Democrat from Indiana, tweeted Tuesday morning.

https://www.vice.com/en/article/g5qany/congress-to-hold-first-open-hearing-about-ufos-in-50-years

I'm sure a lot will come of it.

Its on YouTube from yesterday.

They displayed a video showing a triangle UFO, amongst others. When asked if they knew of any of the UFOs being developed by their allies or opponents then they decided to save that for a closed door secret session.

I dont think its Britain as we are so heavily integrated with the USA on our defence and 5-Eyes they would know. They pretty much confirmed its not China by saying China is reporting the same UFOs.

Russia seems to be stuck in the 1980s and 1990s with its military so I am going to guess its the Franco-Prussian Empire known as the EU. On top of that they research heavily into nuclear physicists which might well be the source of the lack of known propulsion systems.

1 hour ago, Autochthon1990 said:

"Alright so it turns out that entity running around the American south probing buttholes was actually just Prince Andrew, every time he was over here for a diplomatic visit, the reports skyrocketed."

Ahem, he licks toes.

52 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

They pretty much confirmed its not China by saying China is reporting the same UFOs.

Remember the old joke about the guy who farts and then says, "Whew, who farted?" Misdirection, I think it is called. If it was Chinese, it might be seen  around its home base between missions.  Just a possibility. 

Anybody keeping a secret, including the US and Britain are not going to tell a Congressional hearing.  What would be the point of exposing secret technology in that arena and giving away a possible advantage?

• Like 3

Most people think it's just another step toward full disclosure? Whatever the case, the world is in such disarray that the public at large just doesn't really care about this. I'd def like to see the list of catalogued sightings/info/and vids. I hope they release all that.

• Like 1

could they be some kind of aerial phenomena? I dont know....maybe something akin to earth quake lights?

• Like 3

On 5/17/2022 at 12:32 PM, Golden Duck said:

So, Neil.  When you don't exerience something directly, then no one else ever has?

And it's entirely impossible that those who potentially have experienced something would keep it to themselves for personal benefit?

*sigh*  The Religious-like Dogmatic Gatekeeping of Closed Minded Scienctific Assumptiveness is deafeningly exhausting... and alarmingly redolent throughout academia and established circles.  *dry retch*

Just sayin'...

Edited by quiXilver
emphasis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, Nobu said:

You really don’t believe there were/are American servicemen in the Sinai? 

This was the most surprising post of the thread so far.

That is not what I said, I believe. US cavalrymen are not special forces and we would have known if they were there - alas they were not. We have no idea whether any special forces were there, but either way US special forces are not cavalrymen. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Remember the old joke about the guy who farts and then says, "Whew, who farted?" Misdirection, I think it is called. If it was Chinese, it might be seen  around its home base between missions.  Just a possibility. 

Anybody keeping a secret, including the US and Britain are not going to tell a Congressional hearing.  What would be the point of exposing secret technology in that arena and giving away a possible advantage?

You're getting warmer.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, badeskov said:

That is not what I said, I believe. US cavalrymen are not special forces and we would have known if they were there - alas they were not. We have no idea whether any special forces were there, but either way US special forces are not cavalrymen. 

You will rarely see me debate in a forum. It’s pointless. But I’ll add- if a ranger is special forces …. You bet your ass there exists plenty a ranger tab in second cav.

carry on soldiers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Nobu said:

You will rarely see me debate in a forum. It’s pointless. But I’ll add- if a ranger is special forces …. You bet your ass there exists plenty a ranger tab in second cav.

carry on soldiers 

It wouldn’t feel so pointless if you could prove some of your points…

Do you debate anywhere that you consider pointful?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:32 AM, Autochthon1990 said:

An Australian researcher and podcaster is of the opinion that that a large majority of sightings of UFOs in places like South America and Australia are US craft on shakedown,. The idea is that you go to such places because they have fairly good radar etc, and are inclined to contact the US whenever something weird happens in the sky, you get unbiased reports and studies into your tech etc from their commentary. 
His argument is backed up by the fact that many UFO sightings in Oz are investigated by “people in RAAF uniforms and by what appears to be USAF uniforms”. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Nobu said:

carry on soldiers 

More Sapper tabs than Ranger tabs in that bunch....actually. Cav is a very proud bunch with their "spur rides". Ask anyone assigned to 1st Cav and they will tell you that. 

Half right, face!!!!

Edited by Trelane
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2022 at 9:23 PM, brokenbutcher2016 said:

We are likely insects to these beings..our minds have not developed enough to even come close to comprehending  them, the galaxy, and the universe.. what it is, what it is a result of, how it functions and who its residents are, also whats beyond its borders. If these beings have mastered interstellar travel, they have likely unlocked a huge portion of how" this" all works..  We cant even get out of the front yard.  

Speak for yourself. I will be their lord and master. 

• Haha 3

On 5/15/2022 at 4:26 AM, badeskov said:

Or maybe the Navy and others simply don’t have the answers. 

Very true, resonates with my stand point on this whole UFO phenomenon, simply we don't know yet. 

What's surprising though is that cynics always seem to have more answers than the Navy, to rubbish it all. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/19/2022 at 12:50 AM, Poncho_Peanatus said:

could they be some kind of aerial phenomena? I dont know....maybe something akin to earth quake lights?

But then a few of these 'sightings' claim to show signs of intelligent control behind them.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Twisted Consciousness said:

Very true, resonates with my stand point on this whole UFO phenomenon, simply we don't know yet. 

What's surprising though is that cynics always seem to have more answers than the Navy, to rubbish it all. 

What about when USAF fighter pilots loot at the same footage and say "meh"

Do you prefer to listen to true believers that know stuff so secret it's on the internet?

Edited by Golden Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/17/2022 at 8:32 PM, Golden Duck said:

We all remember the day we sent our human represent team to that ant colony in the white house garden, it didn't go well, we never heard back from them.

• Confused 1

Send them all home without pay and force them to read a science book, no, a real science book, not Chariots of the Gods...

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 1:55 AM, Twisted Consciousness said:

But then a few of these 'sightings' claim to show signs of intelligent control behind them.

"show signs of intelligent control behind them"

So, we've 100% concluded they were not being flown by any Congress Critters. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Pure escapism.  These folks can't solve any of the real problems they were elected to deal with.  Climate change is way too woo woo for them, but UFO's need immediate attention?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2022 at 3:39 AM, Timothy said:

It wouldn’t feel so pointless if you could prove some of your points…

Do you debate anywhere that you consider pointful?

At my chess club and sometimes at various veteran things. Why should that matter to you?

I actually would encourage you to find some things offline in life that you could involve yourself in. It would help you.

Edited by Nobu

16 hours ago, Nobu said:

At my chess club and sometimes at various veteran things. Why should that matter to you?

I actually would encourage you to find some things offline in life that you could involve yourself in. It would help you.

I was just wondering if you prefer to ‘debate’ in settings where there is not much debate at all.

Eg. Conducive to similar thoughts or opinions. Which could very well be the case in a ‘veteran  things’ setting. (Don’t know what your chess buddies are like though…)

Ouch! Getting personal now.

I actually would encourage you to debate here with people who don’t agree with you. It would help you. :tu:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2