Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Old Mice 'Rejuvenated' With Injections of Brain Fluid From The Young

Manwon Lender

17 hours ago, lightly said:

I had (excess?) fluid on my brain drained off at the base of my spine when I was a toddler.   (It was discovered because I kept knocking myself out with slight bumps to the head).    :wacko:

How many times did you have it done or did the problem resolve itself after the time. That must have been frightening for your folks, I suspect you don’t even remember it. I have also had a spinal tap the doctors thought I had Spinal meningitis, thankfully that wasn’t the case! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2022 at 3:13 AM, Manwon Lender said:

How many times did you have it done or did the problem resolve itself after the time. That must have been frightening for your folks, I suspect you don’t even remember it. I have also had a spinal tap the doctors thought I had Spinal meningitis, thankfully that wasn’t the case! 

Just once…it left empty space in my brain cavity. :lol:   ..I could hear my brain slapping against my skull when I ran…for years after.     ..Remember what? :P       Right, I don’t remember it…I was just a toddler.    I’m glad your result was good too.:wub:

Edited by lightly
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, lightly said:

Just once…it left empty space in my brain cavity. :lol:   ..I could hear my brain slapping against my skull when I ran…for years after.     ..Remember what? :P       Right, I don’t remember it…I was just a toddler.    I’m glad your result was good too.:wub:

Yea that is some very frightening stuff, in both our cases. Mine was do to fractured vertebrae that happened in Iraq 10 years before I was sick at that time. It required an additional surgery, but that’s better than Spinal meningitiwhich is very deadly fir even health individuals, it’s a real scary bacterial infect.:tu:

• Like 1