Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mark Esper says Trump's refusal to attend Biden's presidential inauguration a final act of petulance

psyche101

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Rubbish. You seem to be referring to the "honeymoon" period. He got trampled on very quickly over border issues and the spread of Covid via immigrants. Then it was the war. As soon as decisions were enacted they were criticised. That's just how the media treats president's. Fox was right in Trump corner until his BS became too much near the end.

Give you examples before and after, but none seem to suffice. To be honest, that doesn't surprise me. I don't think anything would be sufficient for you. 

And the "He musta taken smart drugz" after the first debate.

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2022 at 5:55 PM, psyche101 said:

Trump is probably the worst human being to ever lead the country. Live in your fantasy all you like, but it's true. 

I mean Andrew Jackson was pretty close, the whole raping slaves and death marching indian things /was/ worse then Donald Trump...but with the family separation thing and everything else, he's an easy number two, with nixon being the third. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

I had intended to ignore this, but I think I will address it, in the hope that we can better understand one another. This isn't a scientific experiment where one example is enough to disprove the hypothesis. It's a "balance of probabilities" kind of argument. On the balance of things - is the media more pro-democrat/pro-Biden, or are they pro-Trump/pro-Republican (and in similar vein, are they anti-democrat/anti-Biden or anti-Trump/anti-Republican). 

I think if you take an unbiased look at the media they clearly have a pro-Biden/democrat and anti-Trump/republican agenda that clearly shows through their publications. Having a guest columnist once a month write an op-ed piece that goes against that narrative doesn't make it a balanced and unbiased source. 

I think of you take an unbiased look you would see the media was as divided as the nation. Fox championed Trump and CNN  stuck with the opposition. It was only at the end when Trump was denying Covid and talking about stolen elections when they finally dumped him. 

Mark Esper was hand picked by him, yet also became jaded with his methods.

That's possible. Democrats and other lefties can't seem to talk about Trump without frothing at the mouth so it wouldn't surprise me if a thread like that eventually got shut down.

Are you suggesting it would get shut down because there is some kind of pro-Trump/pro-Republican moderation happening on these boards? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm saying that Trump supporters are by nature agressive bullies and they can't be stand criticism and get threads shut down. Some even still support the stolen election garbage.

Anyway, I apologise for two posts in a row, I guess I should be more decisive about whether to post or not :w00t:  Cheers,

~ Regards, PA

Makes no difference to me.

Edited by psyche101
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Autochthon1990 said:

I mean Andrew Jackson was pretty close, the whole raping slaves and death marching indian things /was/ worse then Donald Trump...but with the family separation thing and everything else, he's an easy number two, with nixon being the third. 

I couldn't argue that one. Modern times should make Trump a better person but it didn't. 

Personally I think Madison has a lot of blood on his hands over 2A. 

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Rubbish. You seem to be referring to the "honeymoon" period. He got trampled on very quickly over border issues and the spread of Covid via immigrants. Then it was the war. As soon as decisions were enacted they were criticised. That's just how the media treats president's. Fox was right in Trump corner until his BS became too much near the end.

The moment Biden was annointed the democrat candidate the media did everything they could to get him elected. They took photos of him going for walks, a "healthy geriatric" I believe is the term CNN execs used to describe it in hidden camera exposes by Project Veritas. Meanwhile they did everything they could to demonise Trump, including running stories about his health regarding certain shakes that the same exec who said they were going for a "healthy geriatric" look. The exec literally described their demoning of Trump as "propaganda". He literally boasted "if it wasn't for us (CNN) Trump would have won". 

There was no "honeymoon period" for Donald Trump. The press had an adversarial relationship with him from the get-go. 

Then when the media couldn't lie anymore, they turned on Biden. They still treat him better than they treated Trump, you can't deny that. 

17 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Give you examples before and after, but none seem to suffice. To be honest, that doesn't surprise me. I don't think anything would be sufficient for you. 

Because your examples are not demonstrating what you think they are demonstrating. 

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I think of you take an unbiased look you would see the media was as divided as the nation. Fox championed Trump and CNN  stuck with the opposition. It was only at the end when Trump was denying Covid and talking about stolen elections when they finally dumped him. 

Mark Esper was hand picked by him, yet also became jaded with his methods.

Fox is only one channel. And like I have said several times, Fox is already distrusted by a statistically significant portion of the population despite the similar trust ratings. Which means that even though about the same percentage of people trust CNN/MSNBC/NYT/ETC, at the same time more people distrust Fox. 

Mark Esper (hey, we're back on topic, lol) is allowed to have an opinion. It's an opinion I agree with. Not attending the inauguration was an act of petulance, pure and simple. Most people would agree with that, even most Republicans (and I daresay, even many Trump supporters). Saying something is petulance doesn't invalidate Trump. I can say he was petulant and still support him if he runs in 2024 (and I will support him in 2024 if he runs). 

3 hours ago, psyche101 said:

I'm saying that Trump supporters are by nature agressive bullies and they can't be stand criticism and get threads shut down. Some even still support the stolen election garbage.

Makes no difference to me.

I figured that's where you were running to. That's why I got in first with the "lefties can't talk rationally about Trump without frothing at the mouth" line before you had a chance. I don't believe that, the extreme left and right are as bad as each other in America. Could call them two sides of the same coin in some ways. Whatever the case, I daresay if there was a topic about Trump and it was shut down that it was due to poor behaviour from all the extreme sides of politics. 

Biden simply doesn't elicit the same level of interest as Trump. And nowhere near the level of vitriol. Whatever the case, blaming Trump supporters for Trump threads getting locked demonstrates a total ignorance of the actions of the lefties/progressives (whatever you want to call them) who are just as vitriolic and hateful as the worst of the Trump supporters. 

• Haha 1

On 5/20/2022 at 1:58 PM, Paranoid Android said:

The moment Biden was annointed the democrat candidate the media did everything they could to get him elected. They took photos of him going for walks, a "healthy geriatric" I believe is the term CNN execs used to describe it in hidden camera exposes by Project Veritas. Meanwhile they did everything they could to demonise Trump, including running stories about his health regarding certain shakes that the same exec who said they were going for a "healthy geriatric" look. The exec literally described their demoning of Trump as "propaganda". He literally boasted "if it wasn't for us (CNN) Trump would have won". 

There was no "honeymoon period" for Donald Trump. The press had an adversarial relationship with him from the get-go. 

Then when the media couldn't lie anymore, they turned on Biden. They still treat him better than they treated Trump, you can't deny that. 

Veritas. I have no idea why you cite people who are not credible or why you think any thinking person would consider their nonsense. It's not like many people are going to take Veritas seriously.

FOX certainly gave Trump a honeymoon period and then some. 2018 saw their relationship grow stronger as Carlson and Hannity wedged themselves firmly between his butt cheeks. 

Because your examples are not demonstrating what you think they are demonstrating. 

Like I said, nothing would suffice. You have examples before during and after. That's just your bias at play again. The criteria was met, but it's not red orientated.

Fox is only one channel. And like I have said several times, Fox is already distrusted by a statistically significant portion of the population despite the similar trust ratings. Which means that even though about the same percentage of people trust CNN/MSNBC/NYT/ETC, at the same time more people distrust Fox. 

What are you talking about?

FOX was the number one news channel for 20 years. 2001 to 2021. Gulliani was a regular contributor. It was 100% pro Trump. They dumped him when his lies became too ridiculous to support, so Trump turned to the bottom of the barrel for more credulous outlets like OAN and Epoch Times. 

Republicans don't distrust FOX. Especially not during the Trump years. Any thread should show you that. 

Mark Esper (hey, we're back on topic, lol) is allowed to have an opinion. It's an opinion I agree with. Not attending the inauguration was an act of petulance, pure and simple. Most people would agree with that, even most Republicans (and I daresay, even many Trump supporters). Saying something is petulance doesn't invalidate Trump.

In your eyes it doesn't because of your red coloured glasses. 

It shows he doesn't have the character, temperament, respect or decency to be a president. He's a d*** ****. Self absorbed and disrespectful to the entire nation.

I can say he was petulant and still support him if he runs in 2024 (and I will support him in 2024 if he runs). 

If you want to be that silly and ridiculous, you should probably keep that to yourself. It's not like anyone needs to know how much of a sycophant you are concerning Trump. As an Aussie, I find your comments embarrassing. 

I figured that's where you were running to. That's why I got in first with the "lefties can't talk rationally about Trump without frothing at the mouth" line before you had a chance. I don't believe that, the extreme left and right are as bad as each other in America. Could call them two sides of the same coin in some ways. Whatever the case, I daresay if there was a topic about Trump and it was shut down that it was due to poor behaviour from all the extreme sides of politics. 

Biden simply doesn't elicit the same level of interest as Trump. And nowhere near the level of vitriol. Whatever the case, blaming Trump supporters for Trump threads getting locked demonstrates a total ignorance of the actions of the lefties/progressives (whatever you want to call them) who are just as vitriolic and hateful as the worst of the Trump supporters. 

You can blame the left all you like but proof is in the shut down threads. The vitrol comes from his supporters, just like it did during his campaign when trucks would gather waving flags and trying to intimidate democrat nominees and supporters. Trump brings out the worst in people, because that's his nature. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Veritas. I have no idea why you cite people who are not credible or why you think any thinking person would consider their nonsense. It's not like many people are going to take Veritas seriously.

Veritas is 1000 times more credible than CNN or MSNBC or NYT. Heck, they're more credible than Fox News too, for that matter. 

This one sentence of yours demonstrates why we will NEVER agree, and why even discussing is pointless. The sources that I view as credible you simply ignore and call nonsense. The sources you deem credible I call nonsense on. 

As such, thanks for the chat. Good day :tu: 

Like I said, nothing would suffice. You have examples before during and after. That's just your bias at play again. The criteria was met, but it's not red orientated.

Anything before Biden earned the democratic nominee is irrelevant to the point I'm making. Everything after.... balance of probabilities. One example, or two examples, or even ten examples don't change the balance of probabilities. 

What are you talking about?

FOX was the number one news channel for 20 years. 2001 to 2021. Gulliani was a regular contributor. It was 100% pro Trump. They dumped him when his lies became too ridiculous to support, so Trump turned to the bottom of the barrel for more credulous outlets like OAN and Epoch Times. 

Didn't say it wasn't. Fox is literally one of the only conservative mainstream network broadcast in America. For the sake of argument let's say there are equally the same number of Republicans as Democrats in the United States. The Republicans have a choice of Fox News or...... nothing, as far as mainstream networks go. Democrats have CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, and a few more besides..... in other words, Fox is the number 1 show because it has no conservative competition and therefore conservatives only have one choice. 

Unless you want to try and argue OAN is "mainstream news". 

Republicans don't distrust FOX. Especially not during the Trump years. Any thread should show you that. 

I didn't claim they did! What I claimed was that about the same percentage of people trust CNN and Fox, but at the same time a statistically significant number of the population distrust Fox than those who distrust CNN. Reading more into it than that, is on you :) 

In your eyes it doesn't because of your red coloured glasses. 

It shows he doesn't have the character, temperament, respect or decency to be a president. He's a d*** ****. Self absorbed and disrespectful to the entire nation.

If you want to be that silly and ridiculous, you should probably keep that to yourself. It's not like anyone needs to know how much of a sycophant you are concerning Trump. As an Aussie, I find your comments embarrassing. 

:blink: Thanks for your opinion. 

You can blame the left all you like but proof is in the shut down threads. The vitrol comes from his supporters, just like it did during his campaign when trucks would gather waving flags and trying to intimidate democrat nominees and supporters. Trump brings out the worst in people, because that's his nature. 

:blink: :blink: :blink: 

Wouldn't the proof be in who is responsible for turning the threads rotten? You're the one blaming the right. I'm not blaming the left, I'm saying Trump discussions cause far more vitriol than Biden discussions and that people on both sides caused threads to close. 

40 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Veritas is 1000 times more credible than CNN or MSNBC or NYT. Heck, they're more credible than Fox News too, for that matter. 

This one sentence of yours demonstrates why we will NEVER agree, and why even discussing is pointless. The sources that I view as credible you simply ignore and call nonsense. The sources you deem credible I call nonsense on. 

As such, thanks for the chat. Good day :tu: 

Just because you have been sucked in by their BS doesn't mean you have to drag others down with you. 

You know what's considered a credible source. IMHO your just flame baiting using an unreliable source. 

You always think that you know what best for others don't you. 

Anything before Biden earned the democratic nominee is irrelevant to the point I'm making. Everything after.... balance of probabilities. One example, or two examples, or even ten examples don't change the balance of probabilities. 

Probabilities my butt. 

I've offered black and white examples. 

Didn't say it wasn't. Fox is literally one of the only conservative mainstream network broadcast in America. For the sake of argument let's say there are equally the same number of Republicans as Democrats in the United States. The Republicans have a choice of Fox News or...... nothing, as far as mainstream networks go. Democrats have CNN, MSNBC, CNBC, CBS, and a few more besides..... in other words, Fox is the number 1 show because it has no conservative competition and therefore conservatives only have one choice. 

Unless you want to try and argue OAN is "mainstream news". 

Trump claimed it was a viable alternative, take it up with him. 

There aren't more than what there is because it's not required. If the demand was there, the view would be there. You highly over rate the conservative view. We've been through this before. There are less conservative outlets because most people don't care for that outlook in this day and age. It's an outdated view. It's why rebel news will always be a laughing stock and why OAN and Epoch Times aren't in the big leagues. They simply aren't worthy.

I didn't claim they did! What I claimed was that about the same percentage of people trust CNN and Fox, but at the same time a statistically significant number of the population distrust Fox than those who distrust CNN. Reading more into it than that, is on you :) 

This is your opinion and is not reflected by polls of who is most trusted. Most trusted is most viewed. 

ft_2020.04.08_factsonfox_01.png

:blink: Thanks for your opinion. 

It's a supported opinion so you're welcome. Hope it helps to unglue those conservative blinders. 

:blink: :blink: :blink: 

Wouldn't the proof be in who is responsible for turning the threads rotten? You're the one blaming the right. I'm not blaming the left, I'm saying Trump discussions cause far more vitriol than Biden discussions and that people on both sides caused threads to close. 

And you're wrong, it's an idea stuck in your head that you're not thinking about. Trump can do no wrong to his faithful. Thats why comments on the Baja condo debacle never go anywhere, it's why people think it's fine for him into an grab married women on the privates, it's why people still support his lies about the election and it's why threads get shut down. His followers often lie for him and with him. And you know what? All that just makes him look worse. He has divided people like nobody before ever has. A terrible example of a person.

4 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Just because you have been sucked in by their BS doesn't mean you have to drag others down with you. 

You know what's considered a credible source. IMHO your just flame baiting using an unreliable source. 

You always think that you know what best for others don't you. 

Yep, we won't agree on this one :tu: 

Veritas is a fantastic source for news. If you think I'm flamebaiting by using it, stop replying to me. Because I will continue to use it as I have found it be an excellent source of highly reliable information.

Probabilities my butt. 

I've offered black and white examples. 

Trump claimed it was a viable alternative, take it up with him. 

There aren't more than what there is because it's not required. If the demand was there, the view would be there. You highly over rate the conservative view. We've been through this before. There are less conservative outlets because most people don't care for that outlook in this day and age. It's an outdated view. It's why rebel news will always be a laughing stock and why OAN and Epoch Times aren't in the big leagues. They simply aren't worthy.

Why would I take it up with Trump? Believe it or not, my actions and beliefs are not reliant on what Donald Trump says or thinks.  

This is your opinion and is not reflected by polls of who is most trusted. Most trusted is most viewed. 

ft_2020.04.08_factsonfox_01.png

It's a supported opinion so you're welcome. Hope it helps to unglue those conservative blinders.

"Most trusted" does not equate to "most viewed"! Most viewed equates to..... funny about this,...... MOST VIEWED!  

And you're wrong, it's an idea stuck in your head that you're not thinking about. Trump can do no wrong to his faithful. Thats why comments on the Baja condo debacle never go anywhere, it's why people think it's fine for him into an grab married women on the privates, it's why people still support his lies about the election and it's why threads get shut down. His followers often lie for him and with him. And you know what? All that just makes him look worse. He has divided people like nobody before ever has. A terrible example of a person.

Blah blah blah blahdy blah.

Just to be clear, this is the comment I made: "Wouldn't the proof be in who is responsible for turning the threads rotten? You're the one blaming the right. I'm not blaming the left, I'm saying Trump discussions cause far more vitriol than Biden discussions and that people on both sides caused threads to close". For reasons I haven't worked out yet, your response to this is an anti-Trump diatribe, and somehow you think this is proof you are right. 

3 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Yep, we won't agree on this one :tu: 

Veritas is a fantastic source for news. If you think I'm flamebaiting by using it, stop replying to me. Because I will continue to use it as I have found it be an excellent source of highly reliable information.

You're wrong. 

All your news sources turn out to be unreliable and dodgy. I see duck recently had the same issue with you. 

Veritas won't be accepted as a reliable and unbiased source. So your just wasting your time quoting those wannabes. 

You found it reliable because your biased.

Why would I take it up with Trump? Believe it or not, my actions and beliefs are not reliant on what Donald Trump says or thinks.  

Then why does he consider it mainstream? 

"Most trusted" does not equate to "most viewed"! Most viewed equates to..... funny about this,...... MOST VIEWED!  

Because people turn in droves to sources they don't trust 

Did you even think about that before you posted it? 

Maybe you should open a restaurant for people who want to order food they hate and put on tv shows they don't trust while they relax. 

Blah blah blah blahdy blah.

So mature of you. That red pill has made a difference for sure. 

Just to be clear, this is the comment I made: "Wouldn't the proof be in who is responsible for turning the threads rotten? You're the one blaming the right. I'm not blaming the left, I'm saying Trump discussions cause far more vitriol than Biden discussions and that people on both sides caused threads to close". For reasons I haven't worked out yet, your response to this is an anti-Trump diatribe, and somehow you think this is proof you are right. 

People who support Trump support unreasonable actions. That doesn't result in fruitful discussion.

It's that simple.

34 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You're wrong. 

All your news sources turn out to be unreliable and dodgy. I see duck recently had the same issue with you. 

Veritas won't be accepted as a reliable and unbiased source. So your just wasting your time quoting those wannabes.

You found it reliable because your biased. 

Then drop it. Agree to disagree. Take your pick, I'm comfortable with that. 

Then why does he consider it mainstream?

Why does it matter to you what Trump thinks? We're not talking about what Trump thinks here. 

Because people turn in droves to sources they don't trust 

Did you even think about that before you posted it? 

Maybe you should open a restaurant for people who want to order food they hate and put on tv shows they don't trust while they relax. 

Quote: 

If you’re a Republican and watch cable news after putting the kids to bed, you’re probably watching Tucker Carlson on Fox. If you’re a Democrat watching cable news at the same time, you are possibly watching ... Tucker Carlson on Fox...

...But the question remains: Why are Democrats tuning into Fox, which is so frequently derided by those on the left? And why do younger Democrats choose Carlson over Maddow?...

...In fact, Democrats likely tune into Fox for the same reason that Republicans do. It’s good entertainment. I do not mean that as a slight. As the late Neil Postman wrote in “Amusing Ourselves to Death,” published in 1985, “Without a medium to create its form, the news of the day does not exist.” The form that the late Roger Ailes created at Fox causes much consternation and loathing on the left; Stelter has even proposed that Fox shouldn’t call itself a news outlet....

For more reading - full source (bold and emphasis mine). 

Good entertainment! Unless you wish to argue that democrats tune into Tucker Carlson because they think he is telling the truth! 

So mature of you. That red pill has made a difference for sure. 

People who support Trump support unreasonable actions. That doesn't result in fruitful discussion.

It's that simple.

You're blaming Trump supporters for the beliefs and values they hold! And then blaming the butting of heads and closing of threads that come because of that difference on..... TRUMP SUPPORTERS! I'm not sure you even realise that you've done it. You just cannot admit that vitriol comes from your side just as much (maybe even more) than from the conservatives.

I honestly don't even remember how we got into this particular topic, I don't really care about it. 

5 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Veritas is 1000 times more credible than

The Ministry Of Truth?

Says so right on the tin doesn't it?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paranoid Android said:

Then drop it. Agree to disagree. Take your pick, I'm comfortable with that. 

I'm just letting you know it's a waste of time. 

Why does it matter to you what Trump thinks? We're not talking about what Trump thinks here. 

Because you recently called a little cable news network mainstream, yet you don't consider OAN or Epoch Times such even when promoted by the president. You don't get much wider advertising than that. 

If you don't call them mainstream I assume they can be used in future for comparison for other so called mainstream gripes. 

Quote: 

If you’re a Republican and watch cable news after putting the kids to bed, you’re probably watching Tucker Carlson on Fox. If you’re a Democrat watching cable news at the same time, you are possibly watching ... Tucker Carlson on Fox...

...But the question remains: Why are Democrats tuning into Fox, which is so frequently derided by those on the left? And why do younger Democrats choose Carlson over Maddow?...

...In fact, Democrats likely tune into Fox for the same reason that Republicans do. It’s good entertainment. I do not mean that as a slight. As the late Neil Postman wrote in “Amusing Ourselves to Death,” published in 1985, “Without a medium to create its form, the news of the day does not exist.” The form that the late Roger Ailes created at Fox causes much consternation and loathing on the left; Stelter has even proposed that Fox shouldn’t call itself a news outlet....

For more reading - full source (bold and emphasis mine). 

Good entertainment! Unless you wish to argue that democrats tune into Tucker Carlson because they think he is telling the truth! 

And you're telling me there's no choice for the right wing viewers.

What you're saying is the largest news network, which is right wing and sucked up to Trump when he took office doesn't count because CNN didn't adopt the same approach and treated him completely different. Therefore media entirely against Trump.

FOX championed him through his honeymoon period and bowed to him right up to the end. CNN didn't. Good for them calling a spade a spade. 

You're blaming Trump supporters for the beliefs and values they hold!

Yes, knowingly supporting election lies, harrassment of others with trucks and mobs, the sort of disgraceful behaviour we saw in the 6th, the Covid refusals. 

I don't see any merits in that behaviour.

And then blaming the butting of heads and closing of threads that come because of that difference on..... TRUMP SUPPORTERS! I'm not sure you even realise that you've done it. You just cannot admit that vitriol comes from your side just as much (maybe even more) than from the conservatives.

And yet the Biden thread remains open, a working example illustrating the very opposite.

I honestly don't even remember how we got into this particular topic, I don't really care about it. 

You're too infatuated with supporting Trump. You can't seem to help yourself. No matter what bad he has done and will do, you will blindly forgive it. 

48 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

I'm just letting you know it's a waste of time. 

Thanks, I guess the reverse goes the same for you too :tu: 

Because you recently called a little cable news network mainstream, yet you don't consider OAN or Epoch Times such even when promoted by the president. You don't get much wider advertising than that. 

If you don't call them mainstream I assume they can be used in future for comparison for other so called mainstream gripes. 

I do believe you are referring to my use of the Alberta local/district news in a past comment. Would you agree that this was a media company aimed at local and State level news? It is dealing with stories localised to Alberta and its surrounding area. Within that context, it is definitely what I would call "mainstream". Channel 7 news in Sydney is still "mainstream" even though it is explicitly aimed primarily at people residing in Sydney, Australia. 

Is OAN a local/State level organisation that reports primarily on local/State issues, or are they are tiny media company that dips its feet into national and international stories? If it's the first of these, then your comparison is worthless. If it's the second, then it's fair to say that OAN is not a "mainstream network" by any reasonable metric. 

Quote Trump all you like, it won't change that. 

And you're telling me there's no choice for the right wing viewers.

What you're saying is the largest news network, which is right wing and sucked up to Trump when he took office doesn't count because CNN didn't adopt the same approach and treated him completely different. Therefore media entirely against Trump.

FOX championed him through his honeymoon period and bowed to him right up to the end. CNN didn't. Good for them calling a spade a spade. 

"What you're saying"..... usually gets followed by a total bastardisation of what someone actually believes. This post is no exception, that's not what I was saying, and I honestly think you are intentionally misrepresenting me....

Yes, knowingly supporting election lies, harrassment of others with trucks and mobs, the sort of disgraceful behaviour we saw in the 6th, the Covid refusals. 

I don't see any merits in that behaviour.

And yet the Biden thread remains open, a working example illustrating the very opposite.

You're too infatuated with supporting Trump. You can't seem to help yourself. No matter what bad he has done and will do, you will blindly forgive it. 

So what does that Biden thread prove? Specifically, how does it prove that right wingers are the cause of other threads getting closed? 

Not sure you've thought this one through, because there is no logical link between them. 

18 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Thanks, I guess the reverse goes the same for you too :tu: 

And that's different to what happens anyway? 

You challenge actual journalists with sad little YouTubers. I don't know any Aussie posters that agree with your sources. 

I do believe you are referring to my use of the Alberta local/district news in a past comment. Would you agree that this was a media company aimed at local and State level news? It is dealing with stories localised to Alberta and its surrounding area. Within that context, it is definitely what I would call "mainstream". Channel 7 news in Sydney is still "mainstream" even though it is explicitly aimed primarily at people residing in Sydney, Australia. 

Is OAN a local/State level organisation that reports primarily on local/State issues, or are they are tiny media company that dips its feet into national and international stories? If it's the first of these, then your comparison is worthless. If it's the second, then it's fair to say that OAN is not a "mainstream network" by any reasonable metric. 

For all that waffle, the bolded suffices. In that regard they are very much alike. Not sure where all that leads to, but they are indeed very comparable.

Quote Trump all you like, it won't change that. 

Yes it does 

He made it a national name. After he mentioned it, anyone who didn't know who OAN was did after that. 

"What you're saying"..... usually gets followed by a total bastardisation of what someone actually believes. This post is no exception, that's not what I was saying, and I honestly think you are intentionally misrepresenting me....

No, you're just being a sook. 

I'm saying you're wrong. FOX wedged itself firmly between Trump's butt cheeks from the get go and they were the largest news network at the time. He had his honeymoon period with them just like Biden did with CNN. 

And your wrong about media influence. Our election just illustrated that. The media was very biased towards Scotty from marketing yet he lost.

So what does that Biden thread prove? Specifically, how does it prove that right wingers are the cause of other threads getting closed? 

Not sure you've thought this one through, because there is no logical link between them. 

Yes there is. 

It's the only outright derogatory thread about a president to stand the test of time. Because Biden supporter's don't buy into stupid CTs or enjoy dividing the community. That's a red thing. 

OMG, I was laughing hysterically at people thinking Veritas was anything but the scum they are. Can people be so dumb as to believe Veritas? YES THEY CAN  BE THAT STUPID!

Trump is a joke and always has been a joke. He's a nasty person who likes no other person than himself. He hates everyone that voted for him and those idiots don't care.They must be so proud of themselves voting for someone that hates them.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, psyche101 said:

And that's different to what happens anyway? 

You challenge actual journalists with sad little YouTubers. I don't know any Aussie posters that agree with your sources. 

Truth is not a popularity contest! 

For all that waffle, the bolded suffices. In that regard they are very much alike. Not sure where all that leads to, but they are indeed very comparable.

Then let's have a look at the front page of each of those websites. Let's start off first with the Alberta source I mentioned. Click the link to see the main page. The main stories on that page: 

* The Calgary Flames (local Sportsball team) are being tormented by a random Sportsball player. 
* The anniversary of finding mass graves at a residential school in Canada
* Train cars derail in Alberta
* Bank of Canada raised interest rates

Now compare to the front page of OAN - click this link to see it for yourself: 

* Trump remains kingmaker in GOP election races.
* Monkey Pox in New York City
* Title 42 and its impact on immigration and drugs
* United States vs Communism under Biden

I limited myself to four articles each, for the sake of brevity. Each of these was prominent on the front main page of their respective websites, they are all articles that took less than 30 seconds to find and click and check. Notice how the Canadian source is, exactly like I said, focused on Canadian issues, and specifically on Alberta and Calgary. All four stories are relevant to people in Calgary, Alberta.  

Meanwhile, OAN jumps from the election across the nation, to NYC, to immigration in America, to  Communism under Biden.... this is NOT local or State level news. This is National!  Is OAN even based in NYC? 

Therefore the comparison is illogical! a small-time news network that caters to a mainstream audience on a small scale like the local or State news (such as the website I cited) is very different to a small, fringe media organisation that operates on a national level to address national stories and issues of international interest. 

Yes it does 

He made it a national name. After he mentioned it, anyone who didn't know who OAN was did after that. 

I don't care what Trump says. Just because I support him in the broad context of an election where the only alternative is someone as bad as Biden doesn't mean I take every word he says as gospel.  

No, you're just being a sook. 

I'm saying you're wrong. FOX wedged itself firmly between Trump's butt cheeks from the get go and they were the largest news network at the time. He had his honeymoon period with them just like Biden did with CNN. 

And your wrong about media influence. Our election just illustrated that. The media was very biased towards Scotty from marketing yet he lost.

I'm telling you directly that you misrepresented me. Maybe I'm wrong and you don't realise you did so. But nevertheless, you did, and it's not the first time you've misrepresented me since we've been discussing on this boards :yes:  

Yes there is. 

It's the only outright derogatory thread about a president to stand the test of time. Because Biden supporter's don't buy into stupid CTs or enjoy dividing the community. That's a red thing. 

Correlation does not imply causation! Click the link to find out more :) 

Just because Trump threads are locked and Biden threads are open does not mean that the only logical answer is "it must be because of Trump supporters". That's a leap based on a set of assumptions that are not proven and could very easily be wrong (I certainly dispute them). 

38 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

Truth is not a popularity contest! 

No it's not. It's about accuracy. That's the point. Your sources are agenda driven. Popular with certain groups. Your agenda is a gripe with mainstream media. 

Then let's have a look at the front page of each of those websites. Let's start off first with the Alberta source I mentioned. Click the link to see the main page. The main stories on that page: 

* The Calgary Flames (local Sportsball team) are being tormented by a random Sportsball player. 
* The anniversary of finding mass graves at a residential school in Canada
* Train cars derail in Alberta
* Bank of Canada raised interest rates

Now compare to the front page of OAN - click this link to see it for yourself: 

* Trump remains kingmaker in GOP election races.
* Monkey Pox in New York City
* Title 42 and its impact on immigration and drugs
* United States vs Communism under Biden

I limited myself to four articles each, for the sake of brevity. Each of these was prominent on the front main page of their respective websites, they are all articles that took less than 30 seconds to find and click and check. Notice how the Canadian source is, exactly like I said, focused on Canadian issues, and specifically on Alberta and Calgary. All four stories are relevant to people in Calgary, Alberta.  

Meanwhile, OAN jumps from the election across the nation, to NYC, to immigration in America, to  Communism under Biden.... this is NOT local or State level news. This is National!  Is OAN even based in NYC? 

Therefore the comparison is illogical! a small-time news network that caters to a mainstream audience on a small scale like the local or State news (such as the website I cited) is very different to a small, fringe media organisation that operates on a national level to address national stories and issues of international interest. 

You called it mainstream media feeding the world with lies and propoganda. 

My argument was it was a nobody outfit on the top of the world who covers virtually nothing. I said it wasn't mainstream remember? You said it was a terrible mainstream fear campaign..

Now that is tits you otherwise, it's suddenly ad I originally described it. 

My point was OAN is, and was during Trump's reign a mainstream media site who supported him blindly. 

More media adulation by mainstream which you said never happened, but  what it appears that you to actually mean is it CNN didn't kiss Trump's butt. Somehow t best translated into all media hounded Trump and praised Biden. 

As I said several times now, that's not true. In the process of trying yourself in media knots, you are inadvertently supporting what I said. 

OAN is mainstream. FOX is mainstream. Both kisses Trump's butt from the get go. 

I don't care what Trump says. Just because I support him in the broad context of an election where the only alternative is someone as bad as Biden doesn't mean I take every word he says as gospel.  

Who cares what you think.

He still made OAN a very well known news source nationwide because they kiss his butt too.

Mainstream media sucking up to Trump is the issue you deny. Remember? 

I'm telling you directly that you misrepresented me. Maybe I'm wrong and you don't realise you did so. But nevertheless, you did, and it's not the first time you've misrepresented me since we've been discussing on this boards :yes:  

Get a grip. You're not even the subject.

The media kissing Trump's butt is. You're not represented in that instance. How you think this has anything to do with you is beyond me. You're just overly paranoid.

Correlation does not imply causation! Click the link to find out more :) 

In this case it clearly does 

Just because Trump threads are locked and Biden threads are open does not mean that the only logical answer is "it must be because of Trump supporters". That's a leap based on a set of assumptions that are not proven and could very easily be wrong (I certainly dispute them). 

Or just what you refuse to so much to as consider. You should read them. 

@psyche101 - you win, I give up. Once again you misrepresented me, but this time you then blamed me for being upset at you for misrepresenting me. I'm not going to give you another opportunity to misrepresent me (though I know you, you WILL reply to this post and misrepresent me one more time, because that's the kind of guy you are - I'll only respond to this post if you misrepresent my position again, so if I'm posting to you again, you know why)! 

• Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

@psyche101 - you win, I give up. Once again you misrepresented me, but this time you then blamed me for being upset at you for misrepresenting me. I'm not going to give you another opportunity to misrepresent me (though I know you, you WILL reply to this post and misrepresent me one more time, because that's the kind of guy you are - I'll only respond to this post if you misrepresent my position again, so if I'm posting to you again, you know why)! 

It has nothing to do with you. It's about that petulant twerp Trump. I don't even understand what your talking about or why your involved. You got caught out calling a small news outlet mainstream. Now it's mainstream because it suits your argument. 

That's not the discussion. That's a side line as a result of the discussion. Your gripe is the media didn't like Trump, but admit turns out, it was just CNN. Who supports a Democrat view over Republican. Which is pretty normal in everything. Coke and Pepsi. All that I'm assuming, was to validate his petulant actions.

Is this persecution BS a red thing? 

7 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Your gripe is...

...Is this persecution BS a red thing? 

That is not my gripe. That is what you are trying to represent my gripe as. 

Is this misrepresentation a blue thing? 

5 minutes ago, Paranoid Android said:

That is not my gripe. That is what you are trying to represent my gripe as. 

Is this misrepresentation a blue thing? 

You tell.me.

They are now, because he's so bad at his job the media couldn't keep polishing the proverbial turd. It is a well known fact that the media has treated Trump and Biden very differently since the very beginning of this whole saga when Trump first waded into politics. 

The truth about this entire thread is this loser trump appointee now decides to write a book throwing his old boss under the bus and is now being trotted around as "Hero of our democracy".  Honestly he's just as big a D-bag as he was when trump hired him.  Further there is nobody's word but his own that he ever tried to dissuade trump from anything.  Suckers.

43 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

You tell.me.

No point. I don't know WHY the misrepresentation is happening, but it happens A LOT - not just in this thread, but across multiple threads over many months. I've explained myself on those occasions over and over, and at the end of the day you still misrepresented me, over and over again. You are not an unintelligent man, Psyche. As such I've ruled out intelligence as a possible reason for you misunderstanding me constantly. But that leaves a whole slew of other reasons why you are misrepresenting my position - the kindest of these reasons is that you cannot separate your preconceptions of Trump supporters from what I'm saying and therefore are "filling in the blanks" with ideas that I don't believe but you think I believe. And I still haven't ruled out you misrepresenting me as a deliberate debate tactic simply to "win" the argument.

I see no reason to expect the future to pan out any differently - they (whoever "they" is) say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, so as far as I'm concerned, explaining myself again would be insane, as history demonstrates you will simply misrepresent me again. 

~ Regards, PA

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

The truth about this entire thread is this loser trump appointee now decides to write a book throwing his old boss under the bus and is now being trotted around as "Hero of our democracy".  Honestly he's just as big a D-bag as he was when trump hired him.  Further there is nobody's word but his own that he ever tried to dissuade trump from anything.  Suckers.

Trump said we was pretty awesome.

His commentary is in the OP.