Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Alien civilizations could be doomed to stagnate or collapse

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Its a mere hypothesis as you yourself stated.

There are a 1000 others because no one knows how life began.

That’s what I said, there are two schools of thought and I am aware of no middle ground. But, either school of thought is as theoretically possible as the other, or do you disagree?

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

That’s what I said, there are two schools of thought and I am aware of no middle ground. But, either school of thought is as theoretically possible as the other, or do you disagree?

1000 isn`t 2.

The universe seems pretty fine tuned for life to have emerged on our planet and made it to civilization stage.

1 hour ago, Manwon Lender said:

I have no personal vendetta, unlike you I sincerely hold no grudges. After our disagreement I was prepared to let sleeping dogs lay and move on, but you obviously made the choice not to do that. Since our disagreement on the Abortion issue whenever we both end up posting in the same thread, you have tagging me with the Confused or sad Imoji's even though  I have paid no attention to you or responded to your comments. So as far as personal vendettas are concerned that is something your well versed in. Allowing sleeping dogs to lay is the best solution to our disagreement, however that is entirely up to you. However, you still have the ignore feature at your disposal, let me be clear about ignore, I choose not to use it. I have never chosen to use such remedies thus far in my life and that will never change.

Yes I called you a stalker, mostly in jest, but there is obviously more to it than just jest on your part in thus and whether you openly admit or not is in material at this point.. Ever since you started with the emojis ( Next Day ) I screen shot every one of them. So it makes no difference at this point whether you delete them all or not because the truth of the matter stands.

The only mystery that is unexplained is how you have chosen to wield your religious beliefs. Now, I respect your right to your religious beliefs, I certainly do not persecute anyone for their Religious beliefs or their lack of them which you can not claim with a clear conscience. Now there is certainly nothing duplicitous about that, and whether your honestly able to admit it or not is solely upon your shoulders not  mine.

I've tagged you with a sad emoji?  I know you're making stuff up now.

The fact that you mention deleting those reactions probably means you've already done so.  These reactions are important to you, you raised them.

You won't be able to back up what you are saying about me concerning emojis or religious beliefs.  But, you raise it anyway because you don't have a personal vendetta.

Duplitous standards... two ticks.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

1000 isn`t 2.

The universe seems pretty fine tuned for life to have emerged on our planet and made it to civilization stage.

What I intended to say when ‘I mentioned the two schools of thought, is there are things hose who believe that life on Earth is a rare unique event, and then there are those who think life and intelligent life is common throughout the Universe!

Basicly all theories revolve around those schools of thought, directly or indirectly.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

What I intended to say when ‘I mentioned the two schools of thought, is there are things hose who believe that life on Earth is a rare unique event, and then there are those who think life and intelligent life is common throughout the Universe!

Basicly all theories revolve around those schools of thought, directly or indirectly.

Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut's, Sirens of Titan?  One of my fav books of all time.  If you have...yeah...that! :) 

If you haven't...well you should!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, joc said:

Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut's, Sirens of Titan?  One of my fav books of all time.  If you have...yeah...that! :) 

If you haven't...well you should!

No to honest I have never even heard of him. But I will take a look at his book, because in many ways we do think in a similar manner. So I suspect I will also enjoy his book.

Thanks man

Just now, Manwon Lender said:

No to honest I have never even heard of him. But I will take a look at his book, because in many ways we do think in a similar manner. So I suspect I will also enjoy his book.

Thanks man

He is quite the iconic novelist.  Died in 2007.  Wrote Slaughter House Five and a host of other books.  At any rate...Sirens of Titan if you ever have time!  ;)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golden Duck said:

I've tagged you with a sad emoji?  I know you're making stuff up now.

The fact that you mention deleting those reactions probably means you've already done so.  These reactions are important to you, you raised them.

You won't be able to back up what you are saying about me concerning emojis or religious beliefs.  But, you raise it anyway because you don't have a personal vendetta.

Duplitous standards... two ticks.

Well, I will bow out of this conversation it seems the right thing to do because I am unable to match with your self righteous views, comments and behavior. All ‘I can say is your wonderful, and I am truly happy for you and hopeful reality will never make you see what a cruel sibling she can be!:tu:

Like I said I do not use the ignore feature,anymore I did the past a few times. However based upon my beliefs it’s a inappropriate way of dealing with narcissistic sad individuals who are unable to control their compulsive behaviors. The floor is yours form this point forward I see no reason to communicate with you any further., 

My only regret in all of this is the fact that I chose not listen to other form members who sent me private messages the day we were arguing about the abortion issue. But, it’s a very small thing to send them an apology, and I am great full the real you has shined like sun!

Peace:tu:

30 minutes ago, joc said:

He is quite the iconic novelist.  Died in 2007.  Wrote Slaughter House Five and a host of other books.  At any rate...Sirens of Titan if you ever have time!  ;)

I have read Slaughter House #5 but I never paid attention to who wrote it. I will make time to read it, the hardest part lay be finding it, however I will.

Be well JOC.

On 5/17/2022 at 5:14 AM, astrobeing said:

Actually I've been quoting from the papers that you've been linking too and I'm beginning to question whether or not you understand anything in these papers. Your inappropriate desire to question my personal credentials and educational history supports that.

I have a unusual master's degree in a very specific skill and unfortunately I've discovered that has made it not difficult to figure out who I am with a few Internet searches. About fifteen years ago a lunatic on another board figured out who I was and where I worked. He not only harassed me with constant phone calls and emails at work and at home but then began harassing my boss and some of my coworkers.

So forgive me for not wanting to go through that nightmare again, Mr. "Manwon Leader".

I understand completely why you feel like you do, I also practice and take personal security a very serious issue, I understand your and point and support it completely!

Be well

12 hours ago, Manwon Lender said:

Well, I will bow out of this conversation it seems the right thing to do because I am unable to match with your self righteous views, comments and behavior. All ‘I can say is your wonderful, and I am truly happy for you and hopeful reality will never make you see what a cruel sibling she can be!:tu:

Like I said I do not use the ignore feature,anymore I did the past a few times. However based upon my beliefs it’s a inappropriate way of dealing with narcissistic sad individuals who are unable to control their compulsive behaviors. The floor is yours form this point forward I see no reason to communicate with you any further., 

My only regret in all of this is the fact that I chose not listen to other form members who sent me private messages the day we were arguing about the abortion issue. But, it’s a very small thing to send them an apology, and I am great full the real you has shined like sun!

Peace:tu:

All I've done is not let your falsehoods go unchallenged.  You have been able to back up your accusations, so people will form their own opinions.

A reasonable person will see that you project your darkside onto others.  Even when you you've been called out on your duplicitous standards you double down on being sanctimonious and "having a certainty, especially an unfounded one, that you're totally correct or morally superior".

Enjoy your last word.