Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Diego County Passes Ordinance to Change Definition of ‘Woman’

el midgetron

The San Diego County Board of Supervisors has adopted a new definition of “woman” that would reportedly allow male-to-female transgender residents to demand inclusion as women in jails, homeless shelters, and domestic violence shelters.

The ordinance, passed by a 3-2 vote on April 26, and ratified on May 10 by the same margin, adopts the United Nations Convention on the Elimination of Discrimination Against Women (CEDAW), an international treaty adopted in 1979.

The treaty was signed by then-President Jimmy Carter in 1980, but it was never brought to the Senate for ratification.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/05/12/san-diego-county-passes-ordinance-to-change-definition-of-woman/

• Like 3

I wonder what is needed to be a "male-to-female transgender resident"?

Do you just make the claim or did you have to go through a medical process.   

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I’ve never seen physical transitioning required to qualify as trans. 

2 hours ago, Myles said:

California Drivers License Policy & Procedures

California driver's licenses and ID cards can display a gender of M, F, or X, as indicated by the applicant. No medical documentation is required. Please note that in order to change the name on a California license or ID you must first update your legal name with the Social Security Administration.

In order to change the name and/or gender on a California license or ID:

1. Complete the Driver License or Identification Card Application online
  2. Make an appointment at the DMV
  3. To update your legal name, submit documentation of legal name change (typically court order)
  4. To update your gender marker, submit a completed Gender Category Request form (indicating designation of M, F, or X)
  5. Pay the application fee
  6. Get a fingerprint scan
  7. Have your photo taken

The DMV has information about name and gender marker changes on their website. 

https://transequality.org/documents/state/california#:~:text=Complete the Driver License or,M%2C F%2C or X)

Changing Your Gender Identity

As of January 1, 2019, individuals may self-select a gender identity of male (M), female (F), or nonbinary (X) to appear on their driver’s license or identification (DL/ID).

If you are changing your name on your DL/ID in addition to your gender category, please also follow the instructions within “Changing Your Name” above.

1. Complete a new DL/ID application

Use our online application to apply for a new DL/ID card with your updated gender category.

If you want your new DL/ID to be a REAL ID, you will be able to apply for one in the application.

2. Gather the required documents to show DMV

If you want a REAL ID as your updated DL/ID, you will need to provide 1.) proof of identity, 2.) Social Security Number, and 3.) two proofs of California residency in addition to a completed Gender Category Request form (DMV 329S). See acceptable REAL ID documents list.

If you want a non-REAL ID DL/ID, you need only submit a completed Gender Category Request form (DMV 329S).

3. Visit a DMV office to complete the process

Your gender category change isn’t complete until you come into a field office!

Bring your current DL/ID (and any required proof documents with you, if your updated DL/ID will be a REAL ID), and be prepared to pay the appropriate licensing fee and scan your thumbprint to protect against identity theft.

If you applied for a DL (REAL ID or not), you will be given a temporary DL valid for 60 days. If you applied for an ID card, you will be given a receipt as proof of application. You should receive your new DL/ID card in the mail within 3-4 weeks. If you have not received your driver’s license and/or ID card after 60 days, call 1-800-777-0133 to check the status.

https://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/driver-licenses-identification-cards/updating-information-on-your-driver-license-or-identification-dl-id-card/

Edited by Robotic Jew

I'm guessing that they will see a good percentage of guys say they are women in order to go to the womens prison instead of the mens.

• Like 5

I see males asking what the definition of a woman is.

What is the definition of male and what is the definition of a man?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Robotic Jew said:

And before you can change your name with the social security administration you must go to your county court and get a judge to approve your name change.   

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

NVM.

Edited by Zebra3
  • Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

This is a pretty strange thread not a single mainstream media source is carrying this story!:unsure:

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

This is a pretty strange thread not a single mainstream media source is carrying this story!:unsure:

I did find a lot of news links with this story, but no cnn or cnbc, just local and small papers and breitbart

• Like 3

People really are insane

• Like 3

This seems sorta sexist:lol:   ..are woman who identify as men being ignored?   There was a gal back home who had short hair, and always wore guy’s long sleeve shirts ,tucked into blue jeans ,with a big belt and buckle, and cowboy boots.   She was a nice guy. :P

Edited by lightly
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Desertrat56 said:

I did find a lot of news links with this story, but no cnn or cnbc, just local and small papers and breitbart

The same for me along with a lot of alternate media sites, I wonder why because it seems even though it’s a localized ordnance it should be big news!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

This seems sorta sexist:lol:   ..are woman who identify as men being ignored?   There was a gal back home who had short hair, and always wore guy’s long sleeve shirts ,tucked into blue jeans ,with a big belt and buckle, and cowboy boots.   She was a nice guy. :P

It's still a man's world.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, lightly said:

It also does to me, it certainly takes a lot of  balls to that!:angry::D

• Haha 1

To think this generation may have to protect this nation one day. Smh 

Good times create weak men. Weak men create bad times. Bad times create strong men. So the cycle continues. 

2 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Nobody on the left :lol:  That's the definition :gun:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, lightly said:

One of my friends is like that but she's not trying to be a man or identify as trans, she's just a woman with masculine traits.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

hey midge... your obsession is showing again...

anything you want to share with us?  we won't judge you mate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, OverSword said:

Nobody on the left :lol:  That's the definition :gun:

Well, OK.  That is a pretty perfect definition of a man.  It is a social construct that doesn't even mention gender.

Here is  another one. A man is someone that can fish, hunt, and farm to feed his family. He can defend his family bare handed if need be.  A man knows carpentry, metal work and cooking. He is expert at handling domestic livestock. If you don't fit that definition can you really call yourself a man., or are you just a male by accident of birth?

That too is a social construct; just from another age with different expectations.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, OK.  That is a pretty perfect definition of a man.  It is a social construct that doesn't even mention gender.

Here is  another one. A man is someone that can fish, hunt, and farm to feed his family. He can defend his family bare handed if need be.  A man knows carpentry, metal work and cooking. He is expert at handling domestic livestock. If you don't fit that definition can you really call yourself a man., or are you just a male by accident of birth?

That too is a social construct; just from another age with different expectations.

What about those of us that can fit that definition who are female?   That is not a very good definition either.   I haven't done metal work, but I can build a computer from parts and I can fix my own car.   And I get your point, it is an old definition, but any updated version of that would also include a lot of women.   My 89 year old aunt could hammer and saw circles around most men, would have made a good contractor.   

Edited by Desertrat56
  • Like 4

24 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I think the difference between your and my definition is I'm kidding. ;)  Are you, or are you do you really believe it's a social construct?

But definition of a man, lets just say adult male human being.  If someone thinks it needs to be more complicated than that then they have been fooled by wokeist hucksters, especially if the next question is "what is a male?".

Edited by OverSword
  • Sad 1