Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Diego County Passes Ordinance to Change Definition of ‘Woman’

el midgetron

4 hours ago, Zebra3 said:

NVM.

What?

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/NVM

NVM

Also found in: Dictionary, Idioms, Encyclopedia.

Category filter: Show All (22)Most Common (0)Technology (7)Government & Military (1)Science & Medicine (2)Business (4)Organizations (3)Slang / Jargon (6)
Acronym Definition
NVM Nevermind
NVM Non-Volatile Memory
NVM Node Version Manager
NVM Never Mind
NVM Non Volatile Memory
NVM Nist Virtual Museum
NVM Noe Valley Ministry (San Francisco, CA)
NVM Night Vision Monocular
NVM Not Very Much (chat)
NVM National Volcanic Monument
NVM NewVoiceMedia (Hampshire, England)
NVM Network and Voice Management (CA Technologies)
NVM Nonvolatile Matter
NVM Nordiska Veterinär Mästerskapet (Swedish: Nordic Veterinary Championship)
NVM Network Virtual Memory
NVM Network Virtual Machine
NVM Nascere Vivere Morire (Italian: Born Living Dying)
NVM Not Very Mature
NVM Not Very Manly
NVM New Vision Mortgage, LLC
NVM Northwest Vision and Media (UK)
NVM New Vessels Ministries (Muncie, IN)

• Haha 2

Some things to consider. Trans woman get murdered  and brutalized in prison when having to be in the male prisons. Not hard to imagine in an environment like that how a girly guy who's wants to wear dresses would be targeted. So that is something LGTB activist have been trying to change for a while.

As for the fear that strange men will lie to get into the female prison. That seems to be a solveable problem for those who actually want to solve it. Just would need guidelines on making sure someone isnt trying to lie or fake it. Guidelines like having to change gender officially in court. And court having to consider the person's past history. It would be pretty obvious if a grown ass adult of like 40 lived his life cis and then suddenly decides to act trans when being sent to prison.

As for people's fear of rape and stuff, I do have to point out that prison guards have been having sex and abusing prisoners for years now. And of course the rape happening from the same sex in prison. Yet I never see as much outrage from people about that as when they hear about a trans person being in prison :innocent:. It's not even a problem on the national radar. In fact, people joke about it often.

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Some things to consider. Trans woman get murdered  and brutalized in prison when having to be in the male prisons. Not hard to imagine in an environment like that how a girly guy who's wants to wear dresses would be targeted. So that is something LGTB activist have been trying to change for a while.

That issue may not be as bad as one would imagine   https://howardleague.org/news/prisonersexperiencesofsexinprison/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm guessing that they will see a good percentage of guys say they are women in order to go to the womens prison instead of the mens.

And I would say that your guessing is based on your acute intuitions that you have developed after years of watching Liberals in Motion ;)

3 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

It's still a man's world.

All it will take is one case of gang rape at a homeless shelter and this new definition of woman will go bye-bye 

12 minutes ago, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

All it will take is one case of gang rape at a homeless shelter and this new definition of woman will go bye-bye 

The majority of homeless shelters are co-ed and it has been that way for some time 

Edit: actually, looking around I may not be correct on that. Must just be my expierence with the ones in my city.

Apparently many are segregated.

Edited by spartan max2

6 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm guessing that they will see a good percentage of guys say they are women in order to go to the womens prison instead of the mens.

Please your better than that dude!:yes:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

The majority of homeless shelters are co-ed and it has been that way for some time 

not where I am, at least not since I last checked. But thanks for the info, I did not know that.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, quiXilver said:

hey midge... your obsession is showing again...

anything you want to share with us?  we won't judge you mate.

How about a little Weng-Weng? 

• Confused 1

Just now, Earl.Of.Trumps said:

not where I am, at least not since I last checked. But thanks for the info, I did not know that.

No I edited my post. Apparently it might just be a thing where I live that it's co-ed. It must depend on the place 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Edit: actually, looking around I may not be correct on that. Must just be my expierence with the ones in my city.

Apparently many are segregated.

Ok, got the edited version. Thanks again for the input

I guess it might be Ok to do if you have a sure way to keep the two separate.

• Like 1

This is what happens when our subjective reality takes over.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

What about those of us that can fit that definition who are female?   That is not a very good definition either.   I haven't done metal work, but I can build a computer from parts and I can fix my own car.   And I get your point, it is an old definition, but any updated version of that would also include a lot of women.   My 89 year old aunt could hammer and saw circles around most men, would have made a good contractor.   

I agree.  It is not a good definition, but it might have been in vogue 150 years ago.   It is a social construct, with organizations from churches to governments to popular press all spinning a certain narrative about men and women and what they should be and what they can do.  I even had older relatives who refused to do chores earmarked for the other group; man's work and women's work was defined. Until WWII when women had to fill a lot more roles, common wisdom was that women could not compete with men in feats of strength or intelligence, that they would not make good chess players or leaders because they were too emotional.   

Well, for  @OverSword's sake, I was kidding too, but I have a point. I have seen numerous questions about what a woman is, but never what a man is. It seems that men have a picture of women that they want to enforce, but never question whether they are living up to their own roles and to women's expectations.  

If the definition of man is simply an adult male and woman is adult female, then apart from biological function,  men or women should be able to fill any role in society they desire and are capable of doing.   What men and women wear and whether they use perfumes or makeup and how they behave in society are social constructs not biological necessities.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

They aren’t even talking about gender anymore. Now “gender” is just a word that you combine with other words that are representative of your emotional feelings or how you describe yourself. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, OverSword said:

One of my friends is like that but she's not trying to be a man or identify as trans, she's just a woman with masculine traits.  

Define masculine?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OverSword said:

I think the difference between your and my definition is I'm kidding. ;)  Are you, or are you do you really believe it's a social construct?

But definition of a man, lets just say adult male human being.  If someone thinks it needs to be more complicated than that then they have been fooled by wokeist hucksters, especially if the next question is "what is a male?".

Take your mind back, I don't know when
Some time when it always seemed to be just us and them

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Golden Duck said:

Define masculine?

A higher level of testosterone..and hangy down parts?   

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

I see males asking what the definition of a woman is.

What is the definition of male and what is the definition of a man?

Well if you're a conservative, these days it's synonymous with '*******'

11 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

Well, for  @OverSword's sake, I was kidding too, but I have a point. I have seen numerous questions about what a woman is, but never what a man is. It seems that men have a picture of women that they want to enforce, but never question whether they are living up to their own roles and to women's expectations.  

Because it's about control, always has been with them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

You don’t know my wife.    :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Desertrat56 said:

@lightly  I didn't mean that as a joke.   Why do you think all the attention is on men who change to women?   Because they are MEN, who cares about women who change to men, you hardly ever hear of it unless one gets pregnant or is the daughter/son of a famous person, but all we hear is "trans women"  because they are men and it is a man's world.

• Like 2