Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

San Diego County Passes Ordinance to Change Definition of ‘Woman’


el midgetron
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

You denigrate, for effect, the effect words can have on people’s psychology. It literally can be the difference between life and death. But of course, you’re a male identifying, assigned at birth male, in a nation where your ethnicity is counted as the majority. Why should you give two hoots about the psychology of someone else?

And how does it affect women being told they can't call themselves women or mothers?  Why is it everyone has to change for a few.  Again, I know both female to male and male to female transitions and they don't want to push this in everyone's face, they just want to transition and start their new lives, not expect everyone to change because they are.  I also have a child that refuses to identify as LGBTQ+ as she says it is a toxic community.  A friend of hers who is in a relationship with a transitioning person says the same.  I am in real contact with the community and not one has supported these changes.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

So...words then. Basically anyone who doesn't fall in line with this newly invented ethos is hateful.....yeh, right

There have always been men that felt more comfortable wearing womens attire, they were called tranvestites, haven't got a problem with that, never have, seen many & never felt the urge to punch one or verbally abuse them...why would I. There are some men that feel they were born in the wrong body & had surgery to give them a female appearance, haven't got a problem with that either, never have. But when you try to convince me that there are 78 (or whatever) genders and you can change gender simply by announcing it & I have to change my language to accommodate them, oh and by the way they want to use female facilities & take part in womens sport, sorry but I'm not interested. I don't 'hate' them, I just choose not to go along with the fantasy & I'm sure most of them will feel the same way in a few years time.

You never felt the need to punch or verbally abuse a trans.

Wow! It's almost as if Ghandhi never even died!

Generations to come will scarce believe that such a one as this ever in flesh and blood walked upon this earth,

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Zebra3 said:

Somehow the white shooter is the right's fault but the Chinese shooter is swept under the rug.

Edited 46 minutes ago by Zebra3

The "Chinese Shooter" has been widely publicized.  He was mainland Chinese sympathetic and hated Taiwanese.  Hate crimes are not limited to white people, there just happen to be more of us in the US and we can hate as well as anybody.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Chinese Supremacy claims are rampant with politicians right now.

 

Edited by Zebra3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It truly bothers me that I'm raising a child in an environment where half of the population can give birth, half of the population can cause the other half to give birth, and we have people trying to pretend that there is any difficulty in assigning definitions to those 2 groups. Until such time as medical science makes it possible to physically alter your organs and physiological structure, then anyone born with a uterus, ovaries, and vagina is a woman. Anyone born with a prostate, penis and testicles is a man. There is NOTHING difficult, controversial, or offensive about any of this. In my opinion, people need to stop pandering to this crowd of like 10000 people that act like this is a serious problem, and start ignoring such claims outright. You are causing far, far more problems than you were ever going to solve with this insanity. Absolutely ridiculous.

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The problem with the left is that they internalize everything as a part of their identity. You cant just have a dialog with them and disagree because that disagreement is seen as an attack on their (or a) person. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, glorybebe said:

And how does it affect women being told they can't call themselves women or mothers?  Why is it everyone has to change for a few.  Again, I know both female to male and male to female transitions and they don't want to push this in everyone's face, they just want to transition and start their new lives, not expect everyone to change because they are.  I also have a child that refuses to identify as LGBTQ+ as she says it is a toxic community.  A friend of hers who is in a relationship with a transitioning person says the same.  I am in real contact with the community and not one has supported these changes.

Ohh don’t get me wrong, trans women shouldn’t be in prisons with assigned at birth women. Nor should they be playing sports against them. 
I’m saying that in everyday parlance, if someone wants to be called a woman, it harms you or I not the least to do so, only when it comes to certain situations where nuiance is needed do we need to start further categorisations. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

No idea what that means. I don't 'identify' as male, I just am, choice doesn't come into it.

you do though, you identify to the world as male through how you dress, how you act, how you speak and how you think. You do so subconsciously. 

11 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

"in a nation where your ethnicity is counted as the majority." ...... And what the hell has that got to do with anything?

It means you’ve never had to justify being the way you are to someone who is part of the accepted majority. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know two trans people (that I know of).  One has already become female.  She started the process as an adult, so her voice had already changed.  It is a bit disconcerting to see an attractive woman with a base voice.  She even fooled my daughter's dog; he did his "girl dance" for her, something he only does for women.  There was an interview on live TV awhile back.  There was a bar owner who loudly threatened what he'd do if any trans person tried to use the women's bathroom in his establishment.  Natalie excused herself and walked into the women's restroom, returning minutes later.  That's when she finally spoke up, base voice and all, and announced that she was trans.  The bar owner had nothing else to say.

The other person is in the process of becoming male.  He wears the weirdest clothes you ever saw - Gothic style.  He is well-educated in the area of myths and legends.  His voice is somewhere between male and female.  He regularly attends Irish class with my wife and I and several other people.  He's really just a harmless kid with psych issues from living in a hostile world.

A third person I know is gay (not trans).  He attends our small church nearly every week.  After-church usually becomes a counseling session to help him get through his most-recent trauma.  His parents threw him out when they learned he was gay.  He is barely out of high school and making a living on his own, such as it is.

There is a lot of heart-break involved in being gay or trans.  And none of it has to be.

Doug

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

you do though, you identify to the world as male through how you dress, how you act, how you speak and how you think. You do so subconsciously. 

It means you’ve never had to justify being the way you are to someone who is part of the accepted majority. 

Can I respectfully  ask you to explain that last paragraph. I don't quite understand what you mean, i.e justify what to whom?

 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Can I respectfully  ask you to explain that last paragraph. I don't quite understand what you mean, i.e justify what to whom?

 

Well, if you have to ask.:rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Well, if you have to ask.:rolleyes:

Perhaps you could explain then. Who needs to 'justify' what to who?

 

Edited by itsnotoutthere
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/17/2022 at 2:34 PM, Doug1066 said:

I know two trans people (that I know of).  One has already become female.  She started the process as an adult, so her voice had already changed.  It is a bit disconcerting to see an attractive woman with a base voice.  She even fooled my daughter's dog; he did his "girl dance" for her, something he only does for women.  There was an interview on live TV awhile back.  There was a bar owner who loudly threatened what he'd do if any trans person tried to use the women's bathroom in his establishment.  Natalie excused herself and walked into the women's restroom, returning minutes later.  That's when she finally spoke up, base voice and all, and announced that she was trans.  The bar owner had nothing else to say.

The other person is in the process of becoming male.  He wears the weirdest clothes you ever saw - Gothic style.  He is well-educated in the area of myths and legends.  His voice is somewhere between male and female.  He regularly attends Irish class with my wife and I and several other people.  He's really just a harmless kid with psych issues from living in a hostile world.

A third person I know is gay (not trans).  He attends our small church nearly every week.  After-church usually becomes a counseling session to help him get through his most-recent trauma.  His parents threw him out when they learned he was gay.  He is barely out of high school and making a living on his own, such as it is.

There is a lot of heart-break involved in being gay or trans.  And none of it has to be.

Doug

I think that we should live and let live. Unless someone is forcing something onto me, or I see blatant unfairness. These people, if they want, should get counciling, or at least some professional to talk to, to make their minds less oppressed. 

As a Christian, id try to advise against sins. People, even secular people, get hung up and anxious over doing "wrongful" activities. Just avoid those activities and you'll rest better.

As a thinking adult, I'd advise them not to make rash decisions on their own. Get a second opinion on decisions before moving forward. Will set your mind more at ease.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There’s been a lot of discussion about the ramifications of allowing biological males into single sex spaces for women. However, there hasn’t been as much attention given to the significants of including “men” in the intellectual identity spaces of women. Certainly one of the most fortified of these positions would be the abortion issue. The political left now maintains that “men” can get pregnant and have abortions. This claim effectively nullifies many pro-choice staples, like “it’s a women’s body, it’s a woman’s choice”. This also challenges the intellectual dichotomy of the abortion issue. It can no longer be said that men shouldn’t have a say in the abortion debate or that men are trying to control women’s bodies. Abortion is no longer a women’s issue. 
 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

And a Rooster can lay eggs?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) has published a guide to “gender-inclusive biology,” which erases the terms “men” and “women” and provides school administrators ways to dismiss parents’ concerns.

The guide, titled “Gender-Inclusive Biology: A framework in action,” provides teachers “practical strategies for teaching about gender, sex, and sexuality in biology.” Among the guiding principles is a pronounced belief in “affirmation” and “anti-oppression.” “Sex verification in sports” is one of the practices that is listed as an example of oppression.

The guide includes a section titled “Building Continuity in Gendered Language.” The section explicitly tells teachers to avoid terms like “mother,” instructing them to substitute it for “gestational parent.” The word “males” is also disposed of in favor of “XY individuals.”……

……Another diagram in the guide does away with depictions of men and women in an attempt to be “inclusive and universal,” instead referring to them as “people with ovaries” and “people with testes” respectively.

The NSTA even claims that there is “no official, accurate, and inclusive name in the English language” for a mother and a father, who they refer to as “the two individuals who created the egg and sperm that became a new person.”

The guide encourages teachers to have their students come up with an entirely new name for the word “parents,” such as “gene-givers” or “biological life transmitters.”

https://www.breitbart.com/education/2022/05/20/national-science-teachers-associations-gender-inclusive-biology-calls-women-people-ovaries/

Edited by el midgetron
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

  Sorry,   I was trying to be funny,  but it didn’t work out.  :rolleyes:

Edited by lightly
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This country will never survive its idiots.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, in history, society goes so far left or right that when it snaps back, it snaps back hard.  We are starting to see more and more people speaking out.   Sometimes I wonder how much is being pushed by the member of the LGBTQ+ community and how much by supporters thinking they are being cool and so enlightened by speaking on behalf of the community.  Instead of acceptance and understanding of their sexual identity, they are pushing to take control of our language and what we can think. Do they really believe this is going to end well?  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DieChecker said:

And a Rooster can lay eggs?

It bloody better! I need one to transmute lead to gold!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, itsnotoutthere said:

Perhaps you could explain then. Who needs to 'justify' what to who?

 

“Hi, I’m Itsnoutoutthere.” 
”No you’re not, you’re Steve”
“Steve is my dead name” 
”sure thing, Steve” 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Myles said:

I noticed, in that article, they referred to the chicken as a "she" because it was a hen who developed traits of a rooster.

Yup.  Genetically it was female but because of a biological condition it developed male characteristics and behavior.  And it wasn't just one chicken, they listed multiple chickens that this occurred with.  

So if it can happen to a chicken, why deny that it happens with people? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.