Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ukraine's 'hawk and mouse' Kharkiv counteroffensive is nearing Russia's border, threatening supply l

Grim Reaper 6

A Ukrainian counteroffensive north and east of Kharkiv has pushed Russian forces mostly out of shelling range of Ukraine's second-largest city, under near-constant attack since Moscow tried to surround it at the beginning of its invasion. Ukraine's armed forces now regularly report recapturing towns and villages from retreating Russian troops. Ukrainian gains, modest for now, could have strategic implications for Russia's war in the Donbas to the southeast," the BBC's Sommerville reports. Ukrainian forces have pushed Russian lines within a handful of miles from Russia's borders in some places — Ukrainian shelling killed a Russian civilian in a village six miles into Russia, the governor of Belgorod region said — threatening to cut off the main ground supply routes for Russia's eastern offensive.

https://theweek.com/russo-ukrainian-war/1013474/ukraines-hawk-and-mouse-kharkiv-counteroffensive-is-nearing-russias

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

That poor lady's suffering is being multiplied by tens or hundreds of thousands.  I really wish someone would cut Putin's throat and end this all :( 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, and then said:

That poor lady's suffering is being multiplied by tens or hundreds of thousands.  I really wish someone would cut Putin's throat and end this all :( 

I am with you dude, the thing I hate most in this world are these fricken tinpot dictators who don’t care about life. I have seen these pieces of **** in many places around the world, and when one of their regimes fall and they get caught by the people they terrorized it’s always a GOOD DAY!:yes:

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 2

Sad as it is for a civilian to be killed I do not think that there was any intent to kill civilians and it is war so given that the Ukraine has restrained from attacking Russian soil targets simply because it appears to me that they want to align their ethics with those that they are courting for security and international trade.

On another note I fully support targeting supply and transport  access points as well as near boarder military sites, Russian military and govt will be held accountable for the civilian lives lost in the Ukraine.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

Sad as it is for a civilian to be killed I do not think that there was any intent to kill civilians and it is war so given that the Ukraine has restrained from attacking Russian soil targets simply because it appears to me that they want to align their ethics with those that they are courting for security and international trade.

On another note I fully support targeting supply and transport  access points as well as near boarder military sites, Russian military and govt will be held accountable for the civilian lives lost in the Ukraine.

During a recent Ukrainian counter offensive Artillery fire did cross the boarder and kill a Russian civilian, however I don’t think it was intentionally done! Actually the Russians have been targeting civilians in the occupied areas intentionally.

Edited by Manwon Lender
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, jmccr8 said:

ad as it is for a civilian to be killed I do not think that there was any intent to kill civilians

I agree - there very likely was no intent to kill a civilian, but the fact that a civilian was killed on Russian soil is enough to provoke a significant escalatory response from Daddy Vladdy. I would not be surprised if he tried to use this incident as an excuse to mobilize all military-aged men into Ukraine, or even worse.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

I agree - there very likely was no intent to kill a civilian, but the fact that a civilian was killed on Russian soil is enough to provoke a significant escalatory response from Daddy Vladdy. I would not be surprised if he tried to use this incident as an excuse to mobilize all military-aged men into Ukraine, or even worse.

Hi Nuke

I think it shows other Russian civilians reasons to question what their country is involved in and as I have said since the start of this conflict it will likely be the Russian people that put and end to Putin and those backstage Russians that are working Putin for their own gain. If he is very ill all the more reason for his select to guide and incite him as he may die and everything then falls on him and he is dead (conveniently) which leaves room for a new leader for better or worst is unknown

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Hey that’s war as sad as that sounds, Putin should not have started this one. I don’t think Putin will make a big issue out of it, his soldiers are committing War crimes across the occupied areas. The International Criminal Court is investigating war crimes in the Ukraine as we speak. In addition the trial of a Russian War criminal just started today, this individual murdered more than a single civilian so Putin has nothing to make noise about because the war crimes lead to him!

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Manwon Lender said:

. I don’t think Putin will make a big issue out of it, his soldiers are committing War crimes across the occupied areas. The International Criminal Court is investigating war crimes in the Ukraine as we speak. In addition the trial of a Russian War criminal just started today, this individual murdered more than a single civilian so Putin has nothing to make noise about because the war crimes lead to him!

Yes, but that won’t stop him from trying to control the narrative, imo. He will exude as much control over the narrative as he can so long as it serves his goals and desires. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Yes, but that won’t stop him from trying to control the narrative, imo. He will exude as much control over the narrative as he can so long as it serves his goals and desires. 

Hi Nuke

At this point he may be more of a puppet than a power that blame can be laid to. He isolates and keeps distances from people and like all management rely on the accuracy of the reports given by close to near allies, all men fear someone no matter how powerful they or those around them think they are.

I have to wonder how much of what is going on is known to him that he will stand accountable for, even Hitler worked for someone

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jmccr8 said:

I have to wonder how much of what is going on is known to him that he will stand accountable for, even Hitler worked for someone

Remember that Putin is ex-KGB, and he specialized in intelligence. If Putin wants to know something then I have my doubts that he is ignorant to it - he will have knowledge one way or another.

Also, you were speaking on who Putin was a puppet to, which I suspect would have been the oligarchs.. but as we have been hearing through rumours, there has been a string of mysterious oligarch deaths this year so far. I think we are at seven now.

I think what we need to ask ourselves is if Putin is truly controlled by anybody, at this point. I am sceptical that it’s the oligarchs. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nuclear Wessel said:

Remember that Putin is ex-KGB, and he specialized in intelligence. If Putin wants to know something then I have my doubts that he is ignorant to it - he will have knowledge one way or another.

Also, you were speaking on who Putin was a puppet to, which I suspect would have been the oligarchs.. but as we have been hearing through rumours, there has been a string of mysterious oligarch deaths this year so far. I think we are at seven now.

I think what we need to ask ourselves is if Putin is truly controlled by anybody, at this point. I am sceptical that it’s the oligarchs. 

Relatively shortly after the invasion started if I remember correctly Putin had the heads of Russian intelligence fired/arrested for lying to him about the state of the Ukranian military and how the invasion would go.  Putin still relies on those beneath him giving accurate information and it seems most if not all of them rather tell Putin what he wants to hear instead of accurate assessments.

The relationship between Putin and the oligarchs isnt one of where one is the puppet and the other in control.  It's more comparable to the oligarchs are players and Putin is the referee.  Putin only has power for as long as the oligarchs decide to allow him to.  While Putin could have played a part in these oligarch deaths it's much more likely this is oligarchs resolving personal issues and grudges admits themselves.  A lot of oligarchs have personal issues and grudges with other oligarchs, without a singular figure to act as referee/judge it's not surprising they will start killing each other.

It seems that as the war goes on less and less oligarchs are respecting Putin and deciding to act however they want, which ultimately weakens Putin's domestic power.

Edited by DarkHunter
  • Thanks 2