Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ten Killed in Mass Shooting in Buffalo, NY

Trelane

This is a developing news situation. Police are still gathering all details on this horrific event.

Ten people were killed by a gunman dressed in body armor and armed with a high-powered rifle, while three others were wounded – two of them critically – outside and inside a Tops supermarket on Jefferson Avenue this afternoon.

A Buffalo police official at the scene and another source close to law enforcement confirmed the massacre at the supermarket.

Ten killed in mass shooting at Jefferson Avenue supermarket; shooter in custody | Local News | buffalonews.com

• Like 1
  • Sad 6

The supermarket is in a predominately Black neighbourhood, about five kilometres north of downtown Buffalo. The surrounding area is primarily residential, with a Family Dollar store and fire station near the store….…..

…..Braedyn Kephart and Shane Hill, both 20, pulled into the parking lot just as the shooter was exiting. They described him as a white male in his late teens or early 20s sporting full camouflage, a black helmet and what appeared to be a rifl……

…..The shooting came little more than a year after a March 2021 attack at a King Soopers grocery in Boulder, Colo., that killed 10 people. Investigators have not released any information about why they believe the man charged in that attack targeted the supermarket.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/buffalo-grocery-store-shooting-1.6453755

dont remember if I even heard about the Boulder shooting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021_Boulder_shooting#Investigation

• Sad 3

CNN says the shooter is in custody. He was not from the Buffalo area.

https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/buffalo-supermarket-mass-shooting/index.html

In the updates, there also is a manifest that was posted online that police are looking at now..

Edited by susieice
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

CBS is saying it was racially motivated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shooting-tops-buffalo-supermarket/

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a news conference that at approximately 2:30 p.m., an 18-year-old White man who is not from the area exited his vehicle at a Tops Friendly Market. The man, who has not been identified, was "very heavily armed" and had a tactical helmet and gear, Gramaglia said.

The suspect shot four people in the parking lot, killing three, before entering the store, he said. Once he walked in the store, he encountered a "beloved" retired police officer working in the store as a security guard. The guard fired multiple shots that hit the suspect, but they did not impact him due to his tactical gear, Gramaglia said. The suspect then killed the guard, who has not been named.

The suspect eventually returned to the front of the store, where he encountered police, Gramaglia said. He put a gun to his neck when he saw police, but police talked him into putting it down and surrendering, Gramaglia said. He was then taken into custody. 

Stephen Belongia, special agent in charge of the FBI's Buffalo Field Office, said the case is being considered a hate crime and a case of racially motivated violent extremism. While officials did not go into details about why they made that determination, a law enforcement source told CBS News that the suspect allegedly yelled racial slurs during the shooting. A source also said the gunman had a racial slur written on his weapon. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

**** my home town. 

13 Bullets 10 killed +3 injured =13. 

The Number 13 representing the Devil is pretty significant. Now why would Joe Biden get briefed on this? The moment the word “Hate Crime” gets mentioned he gets briefed? Lol. Got to fit the White Supremest Narrative by any means necessary. 

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, susieice said:

CBS is saying it was racially motivated.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mass-shooting-tops-buffalo-supermarket/

Buffalo Police Commissioner Joseph Gramaglia said at a news conference that at approximately 2:30 p.m., an 18-year-old White man who is not from the area exited his vehicle at a Tops Friendly Market. The man, who has not been identified, was "very heavily armed" and had a tactical helmet and gear, Gramaglia said.

The suspect shot four people in the parking lot, killing three, before entering the store, he said. Once he walked in the store, he encountered a "beloved" retired police officer working in the store as a security guard. The guard fired multiple shots that hit the suspect, but they did not impact him due to his tactical gear, Gramaglia said. The suspect then killed the guard, who has not been named.

The suspect eventually returned to the front of the store, where he encountered police, Gramaglia said. He put a gun to his neck when he saw police, but police talked him into putting it down and surrendering, Gramaglia said. He was then taken into custody. 

Stephen Belongia, special agent in charge of the FBI's Buffalo Field Office, said the case is being considered a hate crime and a case of racially motivated violent extremism. While officials did not go into details about why they made that determination, a law enforcement source told CBS News that the suspect allegedly yelled racial slurs during the shooting. A source also said the gunman had a racial slur written on his weapon. 

Another ****en psycho in full combat gear 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, stevemagegod said:

**** my home town. 

The Number 13 representing the Devil is pretty significant. Now why would Joe Biden get briefed on this? The moment the word “Hate Crime” gets mentioned he gets briefed? Lol. Got to fit the White Supremest Narrative by any means necessary. 

Idk I mean an 18 old white male who went to a black majority area he dosen't live in to shoot people.

It does have the potential to be a hate crime. But we shouldn't assume until we have more info. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Idk I mean an 18 old white male who went to a black majority area he dosen't live in to shoot people.

It does have the potential to be a hate crime. But we shouldn't assume until we have more info. 

Was there anything written on his rifle?

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

Another ****en psycho in full combat gear 

They sure could'a used him in Ukraine. :hmm:

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Golden Duck said:

Was there anything written on his rifle?

No idea. Is that a reference to something ?

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stevemagegod said:

**** my home town. 

It's hardly a narrative.

And I'm pretty sure the President is briefed every time there is a mass shooting. Or have they become so common to you that you can't see that they are actually a pretty huge deal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The guy live streamed it and left a manifesto, so if the police are saying so quickly that it was racially motivated, then I think it's a pretty safe bet that they know for sure. Usually they keep suspicions of hate crimes to themselves until they are sure.

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, spartan max2 said:

No idea. Is that a reference to something ?

The n-word was written on the rifle sight.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

In his manifesto, he cites NY strict guns laws as contributing to his choice of location.

"Why did you choose (REDACTED) for the place of attack?

(REDACTED) has the highest black population percentage (zip code *****) and isn’t that far away. Plus NY has heavy gun laws so it would ease me if I knew that any legally armed civilian was limited to 10 round magazines or cucked firearms.

I replaced the name of the city to redacted because I’d prefer that the FBI and local police don’t know until the attack has started. After the attack can somebody switch it over plz?"

• Like 2

Hmm.  His manifesto was referencing Tucker Carlson's White Replacement theory.

It's interesting to me that people would move to ban CRT but not White Replacement Theory.

• Thanks 2

In this article the Governor of New York says the weapon used was legally obtained but illegally modified. It also shows Gendron in court.

https://www.insider.com/upstate-new-york-tops-supermarket-mass-shooting-injuries-fatalities-police-2022-5?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=yahoo.com

• Like 3

This talks about his manifesto and who his influences were. I have not read the manifesto. 

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-buffalo-shooter-manifesto-new-zealand-mosque-20220515-kruzyldskbaplcr5hue27hhlhq-story.html

• Like 1

3 hours ago, spartan max2 said:

It sounds like it is and he should be charged.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Gromdor said:

It's interesting to me that people would move to ban CRT but not White Replacement Theory.

That would be Renaud Camus’s theory.  No one is teaching great replacement theory in schools.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
1 hour ago, Gromdor said:

Is anyone teaching White Replacement Theory to teens and preteens as part of a school curriculum? If they were, I would certainly agree that it is wrong and will campaign to get WRT out of schools pronto. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (IP: Staff) ·
26 minutes ago, el midgetron said:

That would be Renaud Camus’s theory.  No one is teaching great replacement theory in schools.

Sorry, Tiny Ron. Didn't notice you replied, I wouldn't have posted my reply had I seen your post first :lol: 

• The topic was locked